League News: 2014-15 Around the League III

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
The only 2 teams in NHL history to lose home Game 7s in 3 straight postseasons were both coached by Bruce Boudreau (Capitals & Ducks)

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@SNstats: #NHLDucks Bruce Boudreau is the first head coach in NHL history to lose 6 career Game 7s.

First three appearances with Washington, first three appearances with Anaheim. He'll always have Fedorov and that one time.

leova

Feb 28, 2008
@SNstats: #NHLDucks Bruce Boudreau is the first head coach in NHL history to lose 6 career Game 7s.

First three appearances with Washington, first three appearances with Anaheim. He'll always have Fedorov and that one time.

haha, I was just about to post that tweet also....I would say "poor guy", but he really seems to cause/help his teams to choke at their biggest moments :help:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Who are the top 3 in that category?

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
CGTPmX3XEAAUrSO.png:large

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
How is Bruce responsible for Getzlaf crapping the bed the last two games?
About as responsible as the Ducks players getting down 2 early and 3 by mid game :sarcasm:

Maybe he was out coached early in his HC career, but now he's just looking unlucky. The Hawks hardly dominated, but just about every other scoring chance they had went in. You have several games like that during the reg season. But in the playoffs, more so a game 7, it's magnified. 1-6 does look bad. Who knew I saw BBs only home game 7 victory live :)

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Poor Gabby. Was pulling for him. There is a 5 page poll on the Ducks board asking whether or not he should be fired. Getz and Perry were total no-shows, again. Is that on Bruce? Is it on Bruce that George provided him with an AHL defense and suspect goaltending when he was here? If he's fired he's instantly the best coach on the market.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
IMO a huge part of Boudreau's problem has been just how emotional he gets in the whirlwind of the playoffs. Often his team's have similarly unravelled and it seems to distract him from making composed tactical moves. This year he seemed better as far as that goes...but then again the team never really had a clunker performance until the end. He did stick with Andersen, something he probably wouldn't have done in the past. Still, he needs a stiffer upper lip when adversity hits and to not rely on his team's comeback ability rather than getting good starts and winning in more boring fashion.

But it is the Hawks. The Hawks are a machine. I'd take Julien over Boudreau if he becomes available but otherwise there's probably not a clear upgrade out there. He'll get another year. Friedman saying there is a strain between Murray and Boudreau is interesting, though.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Pat Leonard ‏@PLeonardNYDN
Zuccarello: brain contusion. Has had imaging that shows resolution but not yet completely healed. Expected to make a full recovery. #NYR

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
How is Bruce responsible for Getzlaf crapping the bed the last two games?

You guys love to have it both ways no matter what you are dealing with. If its Getzlaf fault they failed in the end. It should be Getzlaf's credit for getting them there. You can't give BB credit and no fault in the end.

Last edited by a moderator:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
You guys love to have it both ways no matter what you are dealing with. If its Getzlaf fault they failed in the end. It should be Getzlaf's credit for getting them there. You can't give BB credit and no fault in the end.

You're only as good as your last game. You don't get to rest on your laurels from 2 weeks ago or even yesterday if you're looking to win Championships. And I never said Bruce doesn't deserve some blame.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Burkle and Lemieux exploring selling the Penguins... Guess they don't seem to optimistic about the future, want to get out before the bandwagon disappears and the teams value plummets.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
In a way, might be advantageous to us if Tampa wins the Cup, so they hold on to Bishop, mistakenly believing he is a championship goalie.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Will always be that question "what if being pushed into a goalie that was outside the crease and had no chance of stopping the puck anyway wasn't GI..."

Too hard to watch hockey with that on my mind...

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Wow, researched his contract after expecting to expire earlier, cap hit of 5.5 until 22-23, insane steal. Should be making more then Doughty

13-year contract which expires when he's well over 40 though.

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada
13-year contract which expires when he's well over 40 though.

Yea, actually insane. I don't ever remember hearing him signing that contract. I bet he's happy that he doesn't have to worry about contract negotiations ever again, but I bet he knows that he could be making a heck of a lot more. An absolute steal for Chicago.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Yea, actually insane. I don't ever remember hearing him signing that contract. I bet he's happy that he doesn't have to worry about contract negotiations ever again, but I bet he knows that he could be making a heck of a lot more. An absolute steal for Chicago.

And Seabrook is a free agent next year. Possibly another huge deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad