Olympics: 2014 — U.S. Roster Discussion (Part VII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Lots of players are starting to miss the Olympics with injuries, USA has been lucky so far, hopefully we can make it through these final 2 days with no injuries.

Last night I was going through the schedule and just checking off games I was holding my breathe over. Just two more days!! :help:

Red08

Mar 29, 2009
Am I the only one who sees oshie on the bench? Wheeler/Callahan are much better IMO

I don't think so. Wheeler may be a better goalscorer (because he shoots a lot more) but how is Callahan much better? Oshie is the exact type of player Team USA needs to have a shot in this tournament. He can do it all and he never takes a shift off. Why would you put him on the bench? To imply that Backes has carried him is ridiculous as well.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
true, and good timing. but my comment was for the previous 35 games prior to this past month where he took a collective dump on the ice many nights. Callahan is capable of so much more, hopefully his head is out of his rear and we see the two way stud we expected to see this season.

Callahan has battled through two injuries. He appears healthy and capable of playing his game. Good for us. I'm at a loss where Brown is concerned. His scoring touchhas completely evaporated-although to be fair that appears to be a Kings issue.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
I was thinking about this last night - a simple question -

what if Dustin Byfuglien was moved to forward earlier in the season? would team USA give him a much harder look knowing that he can be that beast in front of the net offensively and work the point on power plays?

His skating isn't going to hold him back on the big ice as he wouldn't be playing 17-20 minutes a night as a dman, instead he could be a 10-12 minute grinder who could wreak havoc in front of the net.

would he have a better shot as a forward then a defensemen to make team USA?

I threw that out there far before they picked the team. Was disappointed when he didn't make the team as a forward.

He's incredibly valuable as a forward, especially considering he could also double as a pointman on the PP and you can rest your key defensive cogs.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=26017&navid=nhl:topheads

awesome job Phoenix! :handclap: :handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

gave me goose bumps seeing that 1980 team walk out on the ice last night!

If you look at Keith Yandle, you see a guy who looks like a kid in a candy store when Broten, Wells, Eurizone, etc all walk by him. Yandle looked so happy and proud, actually made me sad when they focused on him because you can see how much it meant to him not only to meet these guys but have the chance to do what they did.

check out the video as it really was special watching that last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad