Olympics: 2014 — Finland Roster Discussion Part IV

Mar 22, 2010
Mother Base
finns_zps4815fc12.jpg

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Vaananen was great in last game. We have professional officials and it shows, good defensive D actually do well. Even Kukkonen also did good job, Karalahti would've been better than Hietsu in this game.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
We have to do something with that first line, maybe putt Korpikoski with Selänne and Granlund?

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
We have to do something with that first line, maybe putt Korpikoski with Selänne and Granlund?

Give the guys a break, it was their first game together! I think they can bounce back nicely when they get more practises together.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Give the guys a break, it was their first game together! I think they can bounce back nicely when they get more practises together.

This. They have 3 more days to practice, it should look lot better then.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I think we shouldn't change Granlund-Immonen-Selänne line. I think this line will work against Russia much better. Canada plays different style of game and I'm sure we'll get a lot more scoring chances against Russia with the same lines. Canada is just so tough 2-way team/defensively. There's no way Russia can def like that.

toewsintangibles

Leadership analyst
Dec 23, 2012
Korpikoski doesn't fit Kontiola and JMA at all.. Korpedo has the hockey sense of a dog and the hands of a donkey. Put that guy on the 4th line..

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013

I would agree only if Immonen wouldn't be that slow. Like Parise sayd that why he likes to play with Granlund is because it's easy to wingers to play if center can come with speed through the neutral zone..

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Move Granlund to center and bump Jussi to the top line.

This, or move Jussi to center 1st line (has done it well in Penguins, was on fire at center position, 1st line, is good in face offs) and keep Granlund at wing. Immonen will be good 3rd line center.

Kontiola goes to eat popcorn:

Granlund - J. Jokinen - Selänne
Korpikoski - OJ - Ruutu
Komarov - Lehterä - Pihlström
Salminen - Immonen - Aaltonen

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Korpikoski doesn't fit Kontiola and JMA at all.. Korpedo has the hockey sense of a dog and the hands of a donkey. Put that guy on the 4th line..

I'd be OK with this change:

Granlund-Immonen-Selänne
J.Jokinen-O.Jokinen-Ruutu
Komarov-Kontiola-Aaltonen
Korpikoski-Lehterä-Pihlström

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
BTW, I wish that game would've gone to a shootout. We could've pulled that off maybe.

Immonen, J.Jokinen, Lehtera shooting.
Bonus rounds: J.Jokinen - J.Jokinen - J.Jokinen - J.Jokinen ...
(No I don't trust Granlund in shootouts anymore.)

I wish we had seen what would've happened. Well have to be thankful to Rask that we even got that far and didn't loose that game 1-5 I guess...

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
This, or move Jussi to center 1st line (has done it well in Penguins, was on fire at center position, 1st line, is good in face offs) and keep Granlund at wing. Immonen will be good 3rd line center.

Korpikoski - OJ - Ruutu

I actully like that a lot. I know granlunds line is number 1 only in paper but still gotto get that working and maybe Jussi at center will do it.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu

Korpikoski - OJ - Ruutu

3 right handed guys on fourth line who can't defend. Safe to say that is not going to happen.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I actully like that a lot. I know granlunds line is number 1 only in paper but still gotto get that working and maybe Jussi at center will do it.

Yup.. any one who saw Penguins games knows Jussis potentional this year. It's total waste to play him with center like Kontiola. Give him a break from sh** line mates, he didin't even get shoot once today. That way we might capitalize Jussis potentional, and get 1st line going again.

loudis

Dec 21, 2012
Finland
Granlund-Lehterä-Selänne

Komarov-Immonen-Pihlström

or

MG/JJ-MG/JJ-Selänne

Korpikoski-OJ-Ruutu

Salminen-Kontiola-Aaltonen

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
3 right handed guys on fourth line who can't defend. Safe to say that is not going to happen.

Immonen did well defensively today, Aaltonen hasn't been disaster defensively. Not sure about Salminen, but at this point, brining him is worth a try.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
It was off night game from Granlund.. some times, that happens. He had puck bounching ect.. not usual Granlund.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
You mean by NOT playing center.

FYI: Granlund himself told a former teammate from HIFK after the Norway game that he thinks he should still play wing (because he's used to it, unlike the guys who have barely ever played wing) even though Barkov's out. He's smart.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
FYI: Granlund himself told a former teammate from HIFK after the Norway game that he thinks he should still play wing (because he's used to it, unlike the guys who have barely ever played wing) even though Barkov's out. He's smart.

Doesn't change the fact that he's a better player at center. I was just pointing out a grammatical error in that post is all. He said watching that game, Granlund was severely limited, but left out the NOT in his pointing out the center situation. ;)

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I don't get how people are so certain Russia will beat Finland in the QF. Sure, I think the result of the game is more dependent on them than us because their offensive arsenal is obviously superior to ours and their goaltender can be just as good or even better than Rask, but that's exactly it: you can never know which Russia you will get. They screwed up today and are perfectly capable of doing so on Wednesday as well. If I've learned anything in all my years of watching hockey, it's that you can't trust team Russia.

Doesn't change the fact that he's a better player at center. I was just pointing out a grammatical error in that post is all. He said watching that game, Granlund was severely limited, but left out the NOT in his pointing out the center situation. ;)

Yep, and I was pointing out that Granlund sees the same thing most Finns see: that playing him at center is still not the best option for the team.

Unless we want to bench a center who's a better player than the only extra winger (who happens to be a mainly useless physically weak midget and should be watching the games from his couch) we have, Granlund stays where he is.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Has any one ever went trough a tournament without using the home jersey at all? I think we've played all games in white jerseys, and next game is probably Russia game, and we will be in away Jerseys again.

We must win, to get to use the blue jerseys, as they are the better ones. Now we have the motivation :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad