Olympics: 2014 — Canada Roster Discussion (Part XXI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Which forwards have produced? Benn, Carter (in 1 game) and ...... Maybe Getzlaf at times?

As far as what shows up in the box score no, he didnt produce. Neither did ANY other Canadian forward save Jamie Benn. He did draw a penalty and get robbed in the 3rd.

And how many of those other forwards are gifted first line ice time alongside Crosby and ample powerplay time?

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Luongo should have gotten the start. he would have done much better than Price against the US.

the score would have been 1 - -1.

:sarcasm:

Easy Habs fans, we won. Why do you feel the need to torch Luongo?

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Getslaf line has been awful for most of the tournament. One game doesn't make up for 4 games

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
In regard to Chris Kunitz:

Stats, stats, stats. All about stats, huh? Kunitz played a good game today and has been fairly effective. Agree with you, OP. Canadians take so much pride in hockey yet seem to fail to see this or see what game Kunitz brings to the table, Duchene? No goals, Perry? No goals. Why aren't they getting the criticism?

P.S. I'm not taking shots at Duchene or Perry. Two EXCELLENT players. Just using them as factual information.

They aren't getting criticism because they actually create their own chances, and chances for their teammates. They also help create space with their size and strength.

All Kunitz does is turtle around the half boards and wait for a pass from Crosby, only to miss. When Kunitz isn't scoring he is pretty useless, unlike other players on this team. Put a more clinical finisher in Kunitz's place and I can bet my bottom dollar they would have had 3 more goals than him by now. Crosby has been feeding him some gems in the slot and he has continued to miss.

calvin0416*

Great Post, Walter.

Thanks! Love your pic. I've considered him our Mark Messier for years now. He has the leadership qualities, size, toughness, offensive and defensive skills. Babcock loves him and Perry. I remember years ago when Detroit won the cup, (this was before 2004), Babcock mentioned how playing against Getz/Perry in Anaheim was the hardest part. Since then he coveted them and said that's the line he least would want to play against.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
No no no guys. Getzlaf sucks. That line sucks. They should get 4th line minutes.

Canadians am I doing this right?

That line has had great chances all tournament long.

calvin0416*

Getslaf line has been awful for most of the tournament. One game doesn't make up for 4 games

lol you haven't watched the games have you? Outside of carter who got that hat trick, consistently Benn, Getzlaf and Perry have been our best forwards.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
To say that USA's performance is irrelevant is just as ridiculous.

Don't do this at home, kids.

the US got shutdown by the best team on paper. you make it sound as if they lost 6-0.

admit it, if the US had scored one goal, you'd go on about how Price almost lost the game for TC. in this case, Price made every save count. Price had a heavy hand on the US' performance today.

ed bruin

Feb 14, 2010
Newton
Rooted for team USA, but its great to see Bergy play a bigger role than 2010. Hes showing that he belongs with the best. I remember people putting him as the extra forward or not on the team at all. This Olympics is showing that he is one of the best overall hockey players out there

calvin0416*

No no no guys. Getzlaf sucks. That line sucks. They should get 4th line minutes.

lol, thanks man. Good luck in the bronze medal match. The Finns are a SOLID team.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Getzlaf has been the best center for Canada in the tournament. Still, he is being bashed here and not getting proper credit. Ridiculous.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Easy Habs fans, we won. Why do you feel the need to torch Luongo?

oh, that was just a snipe at all the Price haters before the game. Luongo has been all class throughout this event. shame i can't say the same about some of his supporters.

calvin0416*

Getzlaf has been the best center for Canada in the tournament. Still, he is being bashed here and not getting proper credit. Ridiculous.

agreed. He was even dominant in the 2010 olympics....just all around qualities....size, strength, speed, defense, offense, cycling, possession, shut down,....love that line.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

I never said that, Getzlaf and Perry, and now Benn have a history of showing up in semi final and final games in the olympics.

Dominating line today, probably the team's best line against USA.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
If I didn't watch the games i'd be greatly confused.

Getzlaf is the only player that can be called "awful and slow" to "Godly, best line" after every game.

Which one is it
HF?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Talking bout wearing a team down, and dominating them physically in their zone ya that line has been pretty solid all tournyment long, they havnt got as many points as they prob could/should but niether has the other forward lines for canada.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
There is a reason Pietrangelo and Bouwmeester were on the ice with under a minute left while up 1-0.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
In 2010 it was Getzlaf Perry Morrow, the most dominant line.
In 2014 it's Getzlaf Perry Benn, the most dominant line (possession and cycling wise).
It was a great move by the coaching staff to put Benn there. I knew that line was going to dominate once it was made. You could see Babcock tried to put Getzlaf line out there every chance he could get in the 3rd.

But the MVP is Team defense. Our defence is what has brought us to the gold.
The Toews line was their best line in 2010

KingKopitar11*

I wouldn't be so quick to say that.

Getzlaf and Perry have been mediocre thus far into the olympics. One game doesn't null every bad performance they've had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad