Olympics: 2014 — Canada Roster Discussion (Part XVIII) (St. Louis in for Stamkos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
I believe that. However, I believe our chances are far better with Price.

Nothing wrong with that. I'm in the same boat. DM66 on the other hand believes Luongo will hurt rather than help Canada, and the evidence suggests otherwise.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Why wouldn't it be a discussion? It's been a discussion since the offseason, even for management and the coaches. It's only becoming more clear now that Price may be the man, but if it was so clear cut there wouldn't have been a discussion at all.

You're right, we should be able to discuss, but most people at this time would be quite surprised if Luongo was the starter. There is a larger gap than say the starters on team USA.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Nothing wrong with that. I'm in the same boat. DM66 on the other hand believes Luongo will hurt rather than help Canada, and the evidence suggests otherwise.

Luongo already proved he can win Gold.

Canada has the best D-Men in the tournament. Canada has the best forwards by a large margin. We will likely have the number 1 seed and an easy path to the semis. Our goalie doesn't need to win us a game, he just can't lose it - like Luongo almost did in 2010.

I would prefer Price.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Yeah, cause he NEVER blows it in big games.

To me, Price is the lesser of the evils. Do I wish we had Quick, Miller, Lundqvist or one of the Finish goalies? You bet I do. Sadly, we don't.

As for Luongo...

Remember that Simpsons' episode when Marge's dad meets Homer and then we later hear him say, "Meeting that Simpson boy took years off my life" (and we never see his character again)? Well, Luongo's play in the 3rd period of the GMG took years off my life and I hope I never see him again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
To me, Price is the lesser of the evils. Do I wish we had Quick, Miller, Lundqvist or one of the Finish goalies? You bet I do. Sadly, we don't.

As for Luongo...

Remember that Simpsons' episode when Marge's dad meets Homer and then we later hear him say, "Meeting that Simpson boy took years off my life" (and we never see his character again)? Well, Luongo's play in the 3rd period of the GMG took years off my life and I hope I never see him again.

Good thing we had him in OT though.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Good thing we had him in OT though.

I don't know, Taelin. He had one semi-tough save in OT, off Pavelski, and he almost blew it. Anyway, if he wins Gold I will never say another bad word about him again.

Little Ball of Hate

Oct 15, 2011
Parts Unknown
As a USA fan I'd much rather see Luongo than Price. Between the SC Finals and the last Olympics he's been shaky in every big game I've seen him in. He's been great in other games, just not the big ones.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

As a USA fan I'd much rather see Luongo than Price. Between the SC Finals and the last Olympics he's been shaky in every big game I've seen him in. He's been great in other games, just not the big ones.

I agree. This is my worry as well.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
I don't know, Taelin. He had one semi-tough save in OT, off Pavelski, and he almost blew it. Anyway, if he wins Gold I will never say another bad word about him again.

Oh man, I remember that. It actually started from a terrible turnover by Scott Neidermayer.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Oh man, I remember that. It actually started from a terrible turnover by Scott Neidermayer.

Yup. My heart was in my stomach. Even now, when I re-watch it, it makes me a little sick. So close to disaster. :(

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Hope price does well and runs through the entire tournament. First unit pp is kinda sketcky to me. Why not weber on the first unit throwing bombs on the point. Keith is a good passer.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Luongo's performance in the GMG reminds me of his showing in the 2004 World Cup against the Czechs.

In both games he let in 2 weak goals, was shaky throughout but made a big save in OT before we scored.

I don't want to go thru that a 3rd time.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Luongo's performance in the GMG reminds me of his showing in the 2004 World Cup against the Czechs.

In both games he let in 2 weak goals, was shaky throughout but made a big save in OT before we scored.

I don't want to go thru that a 3rd time.

if we wins WHO CARES :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad