2013 World Championships Thread (May 3rd-19th)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Johnson, Dubinsky won't take part of Team USA because of injuries. Erixon will not play for Sweden because of injury too.

Atkinson undecided

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
if cam is healthy i hope he goes to play...would give him some more experience with top players...and set him up for the Olympics....

foobar

Apr 13, 2013
Gaborik won't play - due to some problems with his inguen that he has been having for the last month, the CBJ team doctors & management advised him not to take part on the IIHF championship.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
heard from a person that i trust the Gaby stuff is totally bunk...the rumor of the sports hernia came from a Rags fan board and grew legs...so dunno what to expect or believe there

also per porty/mixer...Cam will rest his ankle and not play in WC

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Ridiculous but not a surprise.

Just don't listen to this crap. This is just a big pile of BS. They are just trying to have a look at all possible candidates for Sochi(That's why no Varlamov after winning the last WC). Nobody's guaranteed a no.1 spot there. There als will be a whole bunch of easy must win games due to the format. Russia's group is pretty weak this year(Partly due to no Dubi for USA and no Gaborik for Slovakia.) All goialies will probably get a couple of starts in the round robin to earn the spot in the playoff round.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
heard from a person that i trust the Gaby stuff is totally bunk...the rumor of the sports hernia came from a Rags fan board and grew legs...so dunno what to expect or believe there

also per porty/mixer...Cam will rest his ankle and not play in WC

No idea what he has, but the russian media is also telling he will not participate after failing the post season medical test.

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
Ryan Murray could be playing in his 2nd IIHF tourny... *sigh*

If he was skating with the team wearing a "no contact" sweater then I highly doubt that the organization is going to allow him to play in an overseas tournament.

Camp in the fall is more like it, or some "unofficial" contact activity in the summer.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
what insight would the Russian media have? Gaborik is Slovakian.

World Championships is a much bigger deal in Russia than it is in the US. The coverage is much more extensive. Half the hockey storylines today is about who is gonna play and who isn't.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Have to wonder what Bob's and Arty's agents have to say about them playing in a tourney where they can risk serious injury while being RFAs. I'm sure their agents would rather have them wrapped in bubblewrap before signing a new deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad