Post-Game Talk: 2013 World Championship [Landeskog wins Gold, USA settles for Bronze]

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
It looks like Swedens first line center is Mikael Backlund. Unless something magical happens and Detroit miss the playoffs.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Kevin Allen @ByKevinAllen
Erik Johnson and Jacob Trouba added to Team USA for World Championship. Defense strong. Scoring is question mark.

Like I said on the previous page, EJ needed to go and needs to play well in order to have a shot at the Olympic team. Unfortunately for him, he'll probably be paired with Hunwick again.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Yes, we had it like the first medium.

Dater unfollowed us this month for no reason. I know him personally from my trips in Denver, we talked a little, so I do not understand it.

He's kind of a flake. I like his book. I read his **** on the DP website because that is all there is....but I've gotta say, I'm no longer a fan of his. Since I started following him on twitter, I can also say I'd probably not ever really want to hang out, drink a beer and watch a game with him. That's saying a lot for me, because to be honest I'll drink and shoot the bull with pretty much anyone in a bar. They guy just doesn't really seem to have a backbone. His blogs and tweets are as fair-weathered as posts here and although no-one get's any inside information to this team his articles also make it look like he's mailing it in at times while watching basketball.

EurolancheDavid

He's kind of a flake. I like his book. I read his **** on the DP website because that is all there is....but I've gotta say, I'm no longer a fan of his. Since I started following him on twitter, I can also say I'd probably not ever really want to hang out, drink a beer and watch a game with him. That's saying a lot for me, because to be honest I'll drink and shoot the bull with pretty much anyone in a bar. They guy just doesn't really seem to have a backbone. His blogs and tweets are as fair-weathered as posts here and although no-one get's any inside information to this team his articles also make it look like he's mailing it in at times while watching basketball.

He unfollowed us during the lockout and I openly asked him on the reason. He said he unfollowed us because the Twitter was showing him that we unfollowed him, what has never happened and has no logic... I am not going to ask him the same once again.

It is sad, because during the lockout we have a lot of stories amongst the first media, because Avs players were so close to us etc. We passed some stories to Dater, he sourced us, quoted us, what was nice, so I simply do not understand it...

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
I really want to see duchene center the edmonton boys. Duchene and Hall running around the rink should be pretty fun to watch.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Yes, we had it like the first medium.

Dater unfollowed us this month for no reason. I know him personally from my trips in Denver, we talked a little, so I do not understand it.

I just wanted people here to know where the news TRULY came from first. ;)

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
THE STATS GUY ‏@TH2NSTATSGUY 30s
Report from Russia says Team Russia has guaranteed Bryzgalov #1 spot at World Championship, ahead of Bobrovsky....may not finish that way

So what is going to be Varlys job? Swedish Nachos kinda suck..

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
THE STATS GUY ‏@TH2NSTATSGUY 30s
Report from Russia says Team Russia has guaranteed Bryzgalov #1 spot at World Championship, ahead of Bobrovsky....may not finish that way

So what is going to be Varlys job? Swedish Nachos kinda suck..

from Slava:
Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud
Sport-Express also reports that national team considers Semyon Varlamov a shoo-in for Sochi, that's why he isn't invited for Worlds #Avs
Sport-Express reports Bryzgalov has been guaranteed the No.1 spot on the World Champ team. Bobrovsky No. 2. #Flyers #CBJ
Bryz wouldn't come unless guaranteed No. 1 spot. In my opinion, if he fails at Worlds, they will have the excuse not to invite him to Sochi

So basically Varly won't be in the WC, but will be in the Olympics according to this.

Russia will probably take someone from KHL to play as the 3rd goalie, Barulin perhaps?

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
from Slava:

So basically Varly won't be in the WC, but will be in the Olympics according to this.

Russia will probably take someone from KHL to play as the 3rd goalie, Barulin perhaps?

Nice.

I'm really curious how Sacco uses all of the AVs guys now that he got canned.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Adam Larsson not picked for Team Sweden while players like Granberg, Fransson, Viklund, Fälth and Rahimi still are on the team. I realize Larsson has been a bit up and down, but I think he could help the team now that so many defensemen aren't available.

Gustafsson (Flyers), Landeskog, Markström, Enroth and Tallinder confirmed for the team.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Adam Larsson not picked for Team Sweden while players like Granberg, Fransson, Viklund, Fälth and Rahimi still are on the team. I realize Larsson has been a bit up and down, but I think he could help the team now that so many defensemen aren't available.

Gustafsson (Flyers), Landeskog, Markström, Enroth and Tallinder confirmed for the team.

An odd choice to say the least, I guess they're trying to go with a group that's been playing on the larger surface of the ice, it could work out, but it could also backfire pretty badly.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I'm real curious to see how the US defence pairings shake out. There is so many right handed defencemen. Maybe we will see EJ on his off side. Anyone have any idea of what it may look like? Personally, I hope to see Carle with EJ.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I'm real curious to see how the US defence pairings shake out. There is so many right handed defencemen. Maybe we will see EJ on his off side. Anyone have any idea of what it may look like? Personally, I hope to see Carle with EJ.

We know Hunwick-EJ will be the top pairing :laugh:

benzino

Mar 1, 2012
Estocolmo

Our team is a freaking mess as usual and then we have the likes of Mats Wennerholm that every year says that this Swedish team could win Gold without NHL players...

EurolancheDavid

Varlamov will represent Russia at WC. No Bobrovsky - he said he is too tired for it. That´s the reason why Varlamov is going. As we informed you earlier, Bryzgalov was first nominated goalie for the WC. Bobrovsky was supposed to be the next, but cannot go.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Team Canada

Amazing set of forwards. Average defense and goaltending.

Hall
Duchene
Staal
Staal
Eberle
Ladd
Simmonds
Read
Giroux
Skinner
O'Reilly
Stamkos