Confirmed with Link: [2013] [TB/OTT] Ben Bishop to TB for Cory Conacher and a 4th round pick

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Well I somehow have the feeling that he could be a Lightning soon, I know we all (me included) said we don't need him, but EE said no talks about Miller, no talks about Luongo (I really hope so), and we need another solid goalie.
And Janus decided he will stay in the KHL for one more year: http://www.hcslovan.sk/en/spravy/janus-to-guard-slovan-goal-for-second-season/

So I start to like the idea to get Bishop, at least he would give us an upgrade over Garon as backup and the chance that one of two goalies pans out is higher than one of one. :naughty:

For the right price, I would be willing to trade for him.
I think they would want an AHL goalie back, along with a 2nd/ good prospect.

As I am not that sure if Panik will really hit his ceilling, I would be willing to trade Panik and Helenius/Desjardins for him.
But I would prefer to make it Brown and one of the goalies.
And 2nd and one of the goalies would be okay as well for me.

story about Janus is fake.

PS Syracuse Crunch ‏@PSCrunchHockey 4m
RT @lightningtimes: Lightning G prospect Janus says story he is staying in KHL is "made up" http://soa.li/2R1XbhQ

http://twitter.com/PSCrunchHockey

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
For the right price, I would be willing to trade for him.
I think they would want an AHL goalie back, along with a 2nd/ good prospect.

The asking price for Bishop is apparently a 2nd and a prospect or player. I don't think Ottawa is interested in an AHL goalie in the deal.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
The asking price for Bishop is apparently a 2nd and a prospect or player. I don't think Ottawa is interested in an AHL goalie in the deal.

I thought about a AHL goalie because I thought you guys wouldn't have any half decent goalie left, but I forgot about Lason.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
No interest in Bishop. I don't want to see a trade for a goalie unless he's been a started for a sustained period of time.

Though I will say that he's been able to improve his stats every season while playing more games every season.

Still don't see him being the answer. If we insist on not getting an established goaltender I'd rather just go with Janus.

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
Maybe we could sign Janus to finish out the season with us. Garon is UFA, so that would give us a Lindback/ Janus tandem next season. The problem with getting a big money goalie for next season is we are nearly at the cap limit for next season already. We have 2.7m left and we still need to sign Gudas, Pouliot, #2 goalie, Aulie. All of our big money players, except Hedman and Purcell, have no trade clauses of some type and Hedman and Purcell have looked like all-stars since Boucher moved out.

We could trade for young Bishop, but is he really better than Janus who has kicked the AHL and KHLs ass the last two seasons, or is it a grass is always greener phenomenon. We could get a great, but old, goalie like Khabibulin. That might make us too nervous though.

Lindback// Janus/Bishop/other trade/Garon/UFA. Tough decision. I, personally, would be OK with Lindback/Janus next season. One of the two should be playing well at any given time, but get a better goalie coach. Maybe Chief is available.

http://www.capgeek.com/lightning/

Last edited:

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
We can go over by Ohlund's cap hit, plus any buyout/trade savings. I am sure SFY is on top to of it, and we will not be in cap hell.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Wow!!!! Crazy, but I am pleased as hell with this pick-up. :handclap:

I can see why others aren't happy, but of our options, hes probably the best bet. At least for this season.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
I hope we didn't give up anything significant, I don't mind this trade though. Better than going with Garon/Desjardins, unless we're hoping for a top 3 picks still.

EDIT: We gave up Honey Badger?! :facepalm:

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
I'm iffy on this. Odd, considering I really wanted SFY to pick him up last year. Depends on the return I guess. He has been playing well this year though..

Conacher! Are you ****ing kidding me. Just went from iffy to unhappy.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Wow. Conacher was absolutely expendable but it should have been for a more established goaltender. The Tampa fans are going to hate this deal.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Auguuguhghghghghghhgghgh

Conacher and a 4th round pick =(

Are you ****ing kidding me?! God Yzerman, you're willing to give up top prospects for ****ing Ben Bishop but not for Ryan Miller?!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad