Confirmed with Link: [2013] [TB/OTT] Ben Bishop to TB for Cory Conacher and a 4th round pick

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He might get a rush of cult/sexy pick/under the radar votes, but it's probably Holtby's year. I'm hoping Bish gets a nomination though. And, if we end the year on a high note, he might make the race close because, again, it'll be a sort of sexy alternative to the near consensus pick.

There's a good argument (that'll never be heard) that Bish should get a Hart nomination too. No one's going to pry the award away from Kane, especially considering last year's disappointing scoring race. But, if not for Bishop's heroics in the early part of the season, we're not in the playoffs. Even now that we're winning, he's more often than not a key factor in the victories. He saved the season, pretty much single-handedly. But no one who wasn't paying attention--and most hockey writers weren't--will ever know that.

Doubt it with his current numbers despite the win totals.

As good as he's been I don't think it's hart worthy, nor should he get a nomination. As good as he's been our defense has been rock solid for most of the year and probably the best it's ever been, you along with some other posters noted this earlier in the year, and it still holds true.

Just looked it up, our GAA/game is 5th in the league right now, the highest finish before that was 10th in 2004, that's not all because of Bishop. He's had to stand on his head a few times but he's getting tremendous help from the D this year. Compare that to Mrazek who's posting similar stats with a team in the playoffs who offense and defense are nowhere near the Lightning's.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Thought about that too but his stats are far too impressive right now.

3 most deserving candidates thus far should be Bishop, Mrazek and Schneider. Holtby's stats aren't as impressive considering the amount of wins he has, he's 10th in save % and GAA. Crawford has an amazing save % but his GAA is significantly higher than Bishops.

Yeah exactly, wins are not really the telling tale of a goalie's performance, should be the last stat to reflect on the Goalie's overall performance. I mean say if your team is scoring 3 to 4 goals a night, you better win those games, lol.

Imo, should be Save%, GAA, and then wins when breaking down a goalie's overall performance. Honestly, would not even look at wins/losses too much.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Yeah exactly, wins are not really the telling tale of a goalie's performance, should be the last stat to reflect on the Goalie's overall performance. I mean say if your team is scoring 3 to 4 goals a night, you better win those games, lol.

Imo, should be Save%, GAA, and then wins when breaking down a goalie's overall performance. Honestly, would not even look at wins/losses too much.

Bish has been playing out of his mind this season. He deserves to at least be nominated.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bish has been playing out of his mind this season. He deserves to at least be nominated.

I agree. I think he is 1st in GAA and like 5th in Save %

Bish has stolen games for us, that is how good he has been this year. Vasy is not taking his job anytime soon.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Bishop is a big part of this team being a playoff team. The year Stamkos went out Bishop took us to the playoffs then got hurt right before and we got swept. The next season we had a lot of help from TKO but Bish was still lights out and set a new goalie win record for the franchisee, went into beast mode in the playoffs. If we make playoffs this year it will be because of him yet again.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
I came here to read TB fans thoughts on FLA as of early March.

I come across this thread , wow what a crazy read circa 2013. I remember thinking as a competitor to you guys that Lindback would battle Markstrom for years to come (how wrong the majority of us were) and that Bishop was a Meh to below average trade for you guys. He showed some promise in Ottawa, but more people doubted him than believed in him. He was the lone guy lost in the shuffle of the new era of big goaltenders.

Now look at him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad