Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
PennerCakes.gif

How have I not seen this one before?!
biglaugh.gif

Dooney

Jan 12, 2005
On the move
Praying to God that some lower seeded team beats Chicago before the Kings would have to face them if the Kings manage to go deep again. I just don't see any team beating them this year.

This....I was just having this very conversation tonight with my son and his wife.
Though personally if push comes to shove, I am confident the Kings once again can beat the hawks. I just pray it does not come down to it.

I worry about having to play SJ myself, even with the win tongiht.

Can't wait for the series against the Blues to start! Go Kings Go:yo:

MollerManor

Feb 18, 2009
I posted this on the PGT as well, but it's well worth knowing...

Blues and Elliott shouldn't be taken lightly. Just look at Elliott's SV% and GA in the past 13 games. The guy has been phenomenal!!! One goal or less in 10 of 13 games.

DEC GA SA SV SV% SO PIM TOI
W 1 23 22 .957 0 0 59:49 1
W 1 19 18 .947 0 0 60:00 1
W 1 18 17 .944 0 0 59:51 1
L 4 19 15 .789 0 0 37:23 3
W 1 22 21 .955 0 0 60:00 1
W 1 34 33 .971 0 0 64:23 0
W 1 22 21 .955 0 0 65:00 0
L 2 26 24 .923 0 0 58:17 1
W 0 23 23 1.000 1 0 60:00 0
W 0 15 15 1.000 1 0 59:58 0
W 0 28 28 1.000 1 0 60:00 0
W 3 36 33 .917 0 0 65:00 3
W 1 20 19 .950 0 0 40:13 1

Let's not get overconfident/cocky. Blues are a very tough team.

And to that I say with the exception of playing half the blackhawks team the last game, 8 of 13 are against non playoff teams and 3 more no better than 7th.

Not that worried.

bobafettish*

I posted this on the PGT as well, but it's well worth knowing...

Blues and Elliott shouldn't be taken lightly. Just look at Elliott's SV% and GA in the past 13 games. The guy has been phenomenal!!! One goal or less in 10 of 13 games.

DEC GA SA SV SV% SO PIM TOI
W 1 23 22 .957 0 0 59:49 1
W 1 19 18 .947 0 0 60:00 1
W 1 18 17 .944 0 0 59:51 1
L 4 19 15 .789 0 0 37:23 3
W 1 22 21 .955 0 0 60:00 1
W 1 34 33 .971 0 0 64:23 0
W 1 22 21 .955 0 0 65:00 0
L 2 26 24 .923 0 0 58:17 1
W 0 23 23 1.000 1 0 60:00 0
W 0 15 15 1.000 1 0 59:58 0
W 0 28 28 1.000 1 0 60:00 0
W 3 36 33 .917 0 0 65:00 3
W 1 20 19 .950 0 0 40:13 1

Let's not get overconfident/cocky. Blues are a very tough team.

uh look at elliots stats last year in the regular season.

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
Wonder how many minutes into the first period before Stewart does some stupid-ass thing that makes him look like a total moron.

SSSSHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Blues shouldn't be taken lightly. The biggest thing the Kings have going for them is that they're in the Blues' heads BIG TIME. Come in and win game one and that may as well be the series. Give the Blues any indication that they can actually, you know, win a single game, and the walls can come tumbling down.

I just get the feeling that this isn't our year, though. Too much personnel inconsistency on the blueline, too much inconsistency in net. Just a strange season all around. We've relied on a really good PP to keep our scoring up and that will disappear in the playoffs.

If everyone buys in and goes 100 percent, we'll win a series or two. But I just don't know how much they have left in the tank.

With all that said, though, GKG!

ikeman79

Aug 3, 2008

Haaa, I'm a Blues fan. I have to say that signature even made me laugh lol. I especially like the one how you have it where Penner is saving him from getting ran over by a Zamboni lol. I think that is Coliacivo but I can't see his number or head. If it is he isn't here anymore, he is in Detroit. Mabe he can do that to Jay Bouwmeester if he can catch him, I doubt it though, Penner isn't nearly as fast as J-Bo, but neither is any other skater on your roster lol. I gotta say though it gave me an epic laugh when I saw it the first time. I want you to know its received in good humor and I am very much looking forward to this series as we have added J-Bo, Leopold, Tarasenko and Swartz since our last meeting of the post season and our 4th line is on fire and I believe will match up well to your style of play. I feel better about our Goalie situation Allen has finally been tested at NHL if he has to play and is much better. Elliot has found his game, Halak is back if he doesn't pull his Balls again, However I would say Elliot is the starter.

I like your team too, its stacked as well. I think we are all in for a good series. Simply because the Blues are better this time around and the Kings have had our number, so I think we have something to prove. I'm not scared of you guys we get up pretty good for the better teams, exempting you so far, we beat the Hawks like 3 out of 4 times, we beat the Ducks, we owned the Wings and Vancouver. You guys are the only ones who have had our number. So I hope that we can turn the ship around and make this an epic series that goes down as the one that decides the west as in my eyes who walks out of this able to play and not decimated from the injuries of physicality will win the west as no other team after this series should worry either one of our teams as we our built in a like mold.

Im excited, heres to a good series boys! Lets get our hockey groove on

ikeman79

Aug 3, 2008
Penner sure, but methinks at least Voynov's got him beat.

Lol I was being ridiculous. If you want a race we can through J-Bo, McDonald, or Porter out there, they are like lightning bolts.

J-Bo is about the best skater you will ever see if you watch him though, he is pretty slick.

I was more making reference to the fact that it was Penner pulling on a guy when they were stationary and he probably wouldn't win many races while moving :handclap: lol

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
This is going to be a very tough series. All it takes is 1 win early for St Louis to get the monkey off their back and Game 1 will be absolutely crucial in determining the outcome of the series. If the Kings win the first game on the road, doubt creeps in early. Lose it and it could be a long series. Also, it's incredibly important that the Kings solve Elliott early. That was the thing that the Kings did in every series last season. They scored in the first period of every Game 1, removing any aura of invincibility from the opposing goaltender. Don't let Elliott get comfortable. Remind him the last handful of times he's faced the Kings and how unpleasant an experience it was.

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
Blues shouldn't be taken lightly. The biggest thing the Kings have going for them is that they're in the Blues' heads BIG TIME. Come in and win game one and that may as well be the series. Give the Blues any indication that they can actually, you know, win a single game, and the walls can come tumbling down.

I just get the feeling that this isn't our year, though. Too much personnel inconsistency on the blueline, too much inconsistency in net. Just a strange season all around. We've relied on a really good PP to keep our scoring up and that will disappear in the playoffs.

If everyone buys in and goes 100 percent, we'll win a series or two. But I just don't know how much they have left in the tank.

Geez. I hope NONE of the Kings players have this attitude. :shakehead

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
Geez. I hope NONE of the Kings players have this attitude. :shakehead

Yeah no kidding. As long as Greene's current issue isn't more than they say it is, any "personnel inconsistency" on D is resolved, barring further injury, and Quick has been VERY solid heading into the playoffs. Great D and goaltending will take you far.

IMO the biggest challenge for the Kings is not an opponent right now....it's getting Kopitar to play more like, well, KOPITAR. And I think he is going to respond.

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
Haaa, I'm a Blues fan. I have to say that signature even made me laugh lol. I especially like the one how you have it where Penner is saving him from getting ran over by a Zamboni lol. I think that is Coliacivo but I can't see his number or head. If it is he isn't here anymore, he is in Detroit. Mabe he can do that to Jay Bouwmeester if he can catch him, I doubt it though, Penner isn't nearly as fast as J-Bo, but neither is any other skater on your roster lol. I gotta say though it gave me an epic laugh when I saw it the first time. I want you to know its received in good humor and I am very much looking forward to this series as we have added J-Bo, Leopold, Tarasenko and Swartz since our last meeting of the post season and our 4th line is on fire and I believe will match up well to your style of play. I feel better about our Goalie situation Allen has finally been tested at NHL if he has to play and is much better. Elliot has found his game, Halak is back if he doesn't pull his Balls again, However I would say Elliot is the starter.

I like your team too, its stacked as well. I think we are all in for a good series. Simply because the Blues are better this time around and the Kings have had our number, so I think we have something to prove. I'm not scared of you guys we get up pretty good for the better teams, exempting you so far, we beat the Hawks like 3 out of 4 times, we beat the Ducks, we owned the Wings and Vancouver. You guys are the only ones who have had our number. So I hope that we can turn the ship around and make this an epic series that goes down as the one that decides the west as in my eyes who walks out of this able to play and not decimated from the injuries of physicality will win the west as no other team after this series should worry either one of our teams as we our built in a like mold.

Im excited, heres to a good series boys! Lets get our hockey groove on

It's Crombeen. Funny you like it "even though you're a Blues fan" (paraphrasing)....why wouldn't you? The **** is funny, regardless.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole

I don't take offense at that, kinda feel the same way.

I do think Sutter will get them ready tho, I feel more relaxed about this playoff than last year honestly. No expectations, just hoping to see maximum effort.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I think the team will respond to Sutter as they did last year. They knew to a man the importance of winning game1 and taking pressure off on the road, making game 2 better.
About a week ago, one 0f the NHL writers had an interesting stat. The LA Kings were the only team in the NHL to be top 7 in scoring, top 6 is GAA, top 10 PP and top 10 PK.

that would be impressive in any stance, but without Greene and Mitchell all year, it's amazing, esp the PK.

Going into the playoffs this year with that going for them, makes them better prepared esp against a good defensive team.

Scotty Bowman, who knew a thing or 2 about coaching, said to win a Cup, to go deep and be a true contender, you had to be top 10 in specialty teams. That if you controlled those areas in a series, you could control your fate.

Hoping both Greene and Richards are 100% for Tuesday.

I trust this team because of how Sutter motivates them and because of the strength they have in their faith in each other., that came thru last year on every shift.

GKG

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
So what lines do we see to start the playoffs? I actually like the balance the lines had yesterday. Will we see:

Brown-Kopitar-Carter
Penner-Stoll-Williams
King-Richards-Lewis
Clifford-Richardson-Nolan

Or will we see:

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Penner-Richards-Carter
King-Stoll-Lewis

I thought Kopitar and Carter had a little bit of chemistry last night. They made a few nice plays cycling off the walls and creating scoring opportunities in the middle.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
So what lines do we see to start the playoffs? I actually like the balance the lines had yesterday. Will we see:

Brown-Kopitar-Carter
Penner-Stoll-Williams
King-Richards-Lewis

Or will we see:

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Penner-Richards-Carter
King-Stoll-Lewis

I thought Kopitar and Carter had a little bit of chemistry last night. They made a few nice plays cycling off the walls and creating scoring opportunities in the middle.

The entire lineup seemed to have more jump last night, but I'm not sure how well those combos would work in the playoffs. The second lineup is more balanced, but they played like crap the last few weeks with those lines. Tough call.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I think Sutter sticks with what's proven to work:

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Penner-Richards-Carter
King-Stoll-Lewis
Clifford-Fraser/Richardson-Nolan

Regehr-Doughty
Scuderi-Voynov
Ellerby/Martinez/Muzzin-Greene

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Game 1 is huge for St. Louis. If they can get the "can't beat the Kings" monkey off their back right away, they have a good shot to win the series.

However, if the Kings torch Elliott again, the Blues will quickly be looking to change things up in net with either Halak or Allen. If the Kings win this series I am guessing they will see at least two Blues' goalies. The Kings won't get to feast on Elliott like they did last year.

I expect a tough series, Kings in six.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
The entire lineup seemed to have more jump last night, but I'm not sure how well those combos would work in the playoffs. The second lineup is more balanced, but they played like crap the last few weeks with those lines. Tough call.

Agreed. It will be interesting to see the reports from practice on Monday as to what the lines are.

I think Sutter sticks with what's proven to work:

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Penner-Richards-Carter
King-Stoll-Lewis
Clifford-Fraser/Richardson-Nolan

Regehr-Doughty
Scuderi-Voynov
Ellerby/Martinez-Greene

You're probably right, but I really wouldn't mind swapping Williams and Carter if the lines prove to be static to start the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad