9. new jersey
10. florida
11. winnipeg
12. ottawa
13. toronto
14. montreal
15. ny islanders

toronto 24th overall

I'll wait to see if there are any deals after the CBA is ratified. If we get Luongo, I can see us sneaking in the 7th or 8th spot. People seem to forget that if we had had just AVERAGE goaltending last year, we would have made the playoffs. That said, I expect a few players to regress this season.

If we don't get Lou, I see us finishing 14 or 15. Montreal is a better team, and the Isles are due.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
I'll wait to see if there are any deals after the CBA is ratified. If we get Luongo, I can see us sneaking in the 7th or 8th spot. People seem to forget that if we had had just AVERAGE goaltending last year, we would have made the playoffs. That said, I expect a few players to regress this season.

If we don't get Lou, I see us finishing 14 or 15. Montreal is a better team, and the Isles are due.

we have no defence, short season, even if we get luongo

Penalty Kill Icing*

Going to take a stab at it:

1. NY Rangers
2. Washington
3. Buffalo
4. Pittsburgh
5. New Jersey
6. Boston
7. Philadelphia
8. Carolina
-------------------------
9. Florida
10. Montreal
11. Winnipeg
12. NY Islanders
13. Ottawa
14. Toronto
15. Tampa Bay

Not too sure about order of non-playoff teams, but got playoff teams sorted out.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
1. New York
2. Boston
3. Washington
4. Pittsburgh
5. Philadelphia
6. Carolina
7. Buffalo
8. Florida
9. Ottawa
10. Winnipeg
11. Montreal
12. Toronto
13. Tampa Bay
14. New Jersey
15. NYI

Leafs For Life*

Why is NJ in a playoff spot PKI, when Parise=gone, and Brodeur is another year older?

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
New Jersey will be a disaster if Kovi doesnt come back or comes back late. Brodeur has been slipping for a bit now.

It's really hard to predict when you have a #1 Goalie potentially coming our way. So I'll say with Luongo this is my prediction:

1. NYR
2. Boston
3.Carolina(highend offense in short season)
4. Pitty
5. Philly
6. Washington
7. Toronto
8. Winnipeg
------
9.Buffalo
10. NJ
11. Ottawa
12. Florida
13. Tampa
14. MTL
15. NYI

JMcLeaf

With current rosters, something like:

1)Rangers
2)Bruins
3)Hurricanes
4)Penguins
5)Capitals
6)Sabres
7)Flyers
8)Senators

9)Panthers
10)Habs
11)Leafs
12)Lightning
13)Devils
14)Jets
15)Islanders

I think the standings will be extremely close.

Nah, our defense will look a lot better with Lu in net.

and Carlyle as coach

Penalty Kill Icing*

Why is NJ in a playoff spot PKI, when Parise=gone, and Brodeur is another year older?

I figured that if a team is to reach cup finals, it'd be from more than just one player. And how often does it happen that a conference champion doesn't even make it to playoffs the next season?

Badger Mayhew*

we have no defence, short season, even if we get luongo

Gunnarsson-Phaneuf was great until later in the season when Phaneuf got burnt out playing so many minutes each games.

Luongo in net, a more defensive system, Gardiner-Ranger as (hopefully) the second pairing to share the load and a shorter season are going to make a huge difference.

I'd like to remind you of just how many games started with Reimer or the Monster letting in two soft goals, five minutes into the game.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
1. NYR
2. Boston
3. Washington
4. Pittsburgh
5. Philadelphia
6. Tampa Bay
7. Carolina
8. Buffalo

9. New Jersey
10. Florida
11. Ottawa
12. Toronto
13. Winnipeg
14. Montreal
15. NYI

I think at this point, NJ, FLA and OTT have a shot at the playoffs... the other 4 (including us) won't be close.

Badger Mayhew*

Luongo is a notorious slow starter in a shorten season it may kill our chances at the playoffs. his last three october sv% 2009/10 902%, 2010/11 906%, 2011/12 869%.

Take away his first four games in 2011/2012 and he's back to looking pretty damn good.

Also, the Canucks' opponents in those first four games included the Rangers, Flyers and Penguins. We'll be playing Montreal and Buffalo...

Winreims

Dec 31, 2011
Without Luongo:

1. Pittsburgh Penguins
2. Boston Bruins
3. Washington Capitals
4. Philadelphia Flyers
5. New York Rangers
6. New Jersey Devils
7. Carolina Hurricanes
8. Buffalo Sabres
-------------
9. Winnipeg Jets
10. Toronto Maple Leafs
11. Florida Panthers
12. Montreal Canadiens
13. Ottawa Senators
14. Tampa Bay Lightning
15. New York Islanders

WITH Luongo:

1. Pittsburgh Penguins
2. Boston Bruins
3. Washington Capitals
4. Philadelphia Flyers
5. New York Rangers
6. New Jersey Devils
7. Carolina Hurricanes
8. Toronto Maple Leafs
-------------
9. Buffalo Sabres
10. Winnipeg Jets
11. Florida Panthers
12. Montreal Canadiens
13. Ottawa Senators
14. Tampa Bay Lightning
15. New York Islanders

leugangen

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto
Wow why do so many people have Tampa so low? They bolstered their D, have a good young goalie, and still one of the best top six's in the league. I'll be surprised if they don't make the playoffs.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
Take away his first four games in 2011/2012 and he's back to looking pretty damn good.

Also, the Canucks' opponents in those first four games included the Rangers, Flyers and Penguins. We'll be playing Montreal and Buffalo...

not sure what your talking about in 7 of the first 9 games he had a 900 or lower sv%. Vancouver were lucky Schnieder was able to step in for a bit.

Winreims

Dec 31, 2011
Tampa has an unproven goalie, an aging defense, pretty much the same top 6 they had last year, and a system that failed them all last season

Winreims

Dec 31, 2011
And Kovalchuk might not come back.

Ahh I just realized that point. If Kovalchuk doesn't come back, I'd put them outside of the playoffs. In a shortened season with things being so tight, he's an important part of their season.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Wow why do so many people have Tampa so low? They bolstered their D, have a good young goalie, and still one of the best top six's in the league. I'll be surprised if they don't make the playoffs.

That backup goalie they just brought in to be a starter was playing behind one of the best defenses in the league.

They are going in with a huge risk in net.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

Lindback? He could get lit up playing behind TBay instead of Nashville. There's no Suter or Weber to save him here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad