2013 Schedule Discussion

Becel

I Hate Jamie Macoun
Sep 14, 2011
Only 4 sets of back to back games and at least one day off at each the start and end of every road trip. That should minimize the impact of flights.

Not much practice time though.

I count 7 back to backs. 6 on the road and 1 at home.

DancesWithWookies

Aug 22, 2011
True North Email about when tickets arrive:

2012-2013 SEASON TICKET PACKAGES

Season Ticket packages will be delivered to the address on your Winnipeg Jets season ticket account commencing on Monday, January 14th. The packages will be delivered to you by Canada Post and will be delivered within two business days.

If you do not receive your season ticket package by end of business day Wednesday, January 16th, 2013, please contact your Ticket Sales & Service Representative. You can contact your Winnipeg Jets Representative by email by clicking on the "Contact Us" link while logged in to your Winnipeg Jets account.

Soble

Jan 12, 2012
Toronto
No Saturday night games at home. Us and Ottawa seem to be CBC's main ponies for their additional Saturday afternoon games.

And as predicted, game 2 is a Monday matinee at Boston on Martin Luther King Day.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
14 days ago this felt like it might not happen

I still can't believe it. There are days I am doing something and then it hits me that the game is back. What a great feeling it is. And you know what? After we were said by ownership to be a mid-cap team to Chipman now saying with the new system we could be closer to a cap team, as many hoped and predicted, this lockout/new system was clearly good for the Winnipeg Jets now and longterm.

Soble

Jan 12, 2012
Toronto
I can see one change from the "leaked" schedule - the Feb 3 game at Buff got moved to Mon Apr 22 creating another back to back (@Wash on Apr 23). Feb 3 is Super Bowl Sunday so perhaps that was part of the protest from one of the teams.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
No Saturday night games at home. Us and Ottawa seem to be CBC's main ponies for their additional Saturday afternoon games.

And as predicted, game 2 is a Monday matinee at Boston on Martin Luther King Day.

I hate those 2pm start times. I hope in the future that we go back to some Saturday nights starts.

I am also not a fan of 6pm and 7pm home games. I much prefer the 7:30 starts. It leaves more time to get downtown and grab some dinner and drinks before the game.

I am glad to be a STH but the start times are horrible.

gibber1600

Aug 6, 2003
Great white north
I hate those 2pm start times. I hope in the future that we go back to some Saturday nights starts.

I am also not a fan of 6pm and 7pm home games. I much prefer the 7:30 starts. It leaves more time to get downtown and grab some dinner and drinks before the game.

Ya, we are getting the Saturday Night Shaft! Come on 2:00pm brutal.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
That sucks, hate the homestand right at the end of the year. That's during exams for me! Urgh, I'll manage I guess...now to start putting together my list for the ticket draft lol...

TCsmyth

Mar 25, 2011

I hear you Blues and your opinion, but I have an opposite one. I love a 7pm start. The couple of times I might be able to take my little guy and not have us get home at 11pm or later.

Also, for many that are close to or working downtown, 7pm is a really nice time to make the choice to stay down after work. That said, I truly see it both ways...

Becel

I Hate Jamie Macoun
Sep 14, 2011
I can see one change from the "leaked" schedule - the Feb 3 game at Buff got moved to Mon Apr 22 creating another back to back (@Wash on Apr 23). Feb 3 is Super Bowl Sunday so perhaps that was part of the protest from one of the teams.

Damn Bills fans...

Actually I'm fine with this. I thought it made no sense in the leaked schedule that the Jets went from Montreal down to FLA and TB and then come all the way back up to Buffalo.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Wow, I seem to be the only one who likes those Saturday afternoon start times. But yeah, not a huge fan of moving the start times to 7:00 from 7:30.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I am annoyed that the CBC is giving pretty much all the prime time starts to Montreal and Toronto. It's to be expected, of course. I mean, those are the two biggest draws for Hockey Night in Canada, and gives them ample space to make a double header out of it with Vancouver, Calgary, or Edmonton.

The other problem with the 2 p.m. start times is I work nights, so the games fall right in the middle of my sleep cycle.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
I am annoyed that the CBC is giving pretty much all the prime time starts to Montreal and Toronto. It's to be expected, of course. I mean, those are the two biggest draws for Hockey Night in Canada, and gives them ample space to make a double header out of it with Vancouver, Calgary, or Edmonton.

The other problem with the 2 p.m. start times is I work nights, so the games fall right in the middle of my sleep cycle.

I'm actually really pleased with their being less Jets coverage on CBC this year.

1 - We don't have to watch as many games with CBC's dreadful coverage. More TSN Jets coverage with player interviews and press conferences pls.

2 - By not following the standard Canadian team "must play on Saturday" mantra they have ended up with a much better schedule. Less back to back games.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Wow, I seem to be the only one who likes those Saturday afternoon start times. But yeah, not a huge fan of moving the start times to 7:00 from 7:30.

Pretty sure this is a one year only thing to help the eastern teams.
Once they move to the central I think it will be moved back to 7:30

The afternoon start on MLK day kinda sucks.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad