2013 Schedule Discussion

bodybreak

Whiteshell Wild
Jul 11, 2006
First thing's first... Who can teach me how to remove the no longer valid 2012/2013 Jets schedule from Apple Calendar and let me download a shiny new 2013 schedule for the same program once the games are announced?

I can't remember where I got the old schedule from, but I think it was from a post on here, and not the official website. If there is no easier way, I could click through and erase the old games before getting a new schedule, since I don't use Calendar for much... but I assume there has to be an easier way! And since I was already coming here to beg for a 2013 Schedule, why not beg for removal instructions too! :yo:

Also, I'm sure most people have seen this, but Gary Lawless and Rick Ralph were tweeting out tidbits re. the first Jets game on the schedule. Sounds like it will be Devils @ Jets, Sat. Jan. 19, 1pm. An Edmonton radio journalist was tweeting that the Battle of Alberta would be taking place that same day. First game leaks seem pretty common, so I'm going to go with that. Rumours swirling that first day will also feature all 30 teams. That would have to involve some scheduling magic if there are no inter-conference games... since you'd have one team per conference without a partner for this hypothetical 15 game start-up. However, they could still create a balanced sked and have all 30 teams in play on Day 1 simply saying, all teams will play a) same # of games vs division rivals, and b) same # of games outside division.

Last edited:

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Good question - I've been physically going in and deleting the individual games in my iCalendar. its a brutal process......

I got my calendar from the official website.

First thing's first... Who can teach me how to remove the no longer valid 2012/2013 Jets schedule from Apple Calendar and let me download a shiny new 2013 schedule for the same program once the games are announced?

I can't remember where I got the old schedule from, but I think it was from a post on here, and not the official website. If there is no easier way, I could click through and erase the old games before getting a new schedule, since I don't use Calendar for much... but I assume there has to be an easier way! And since I was already coming here to beg for a 2013 Schedule, why not beg for removal instructions too! :yo:

Also, I'm sure most people have seen this, but Gary Lawless and Rick Ralph were tweeting out tidbits re. the first Jets game on the schedule. Sounds like it will be Devils @ Jets, Sat. Jan. 19, 1pm. An Edmonton radio journalist was tweeting that the Battle of Alberta would be taking place that same day. First game leaks seem pretty common, so I'm going to go with that. Rumours swirling that first day will also feature all 30 teams. That would have to involve some scheduling magic if there are no inter-conference games... since you'd have one team per conference without a partner for this hypothetical 15 game start-up. However, they could still create a balanced sked and have all 30 teams in play on Day 1 simply saying, all teams will play a) same # of games vs division rivals, and b) same # of games outside division.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

Funny that it would be Jan 19 in the afternoon. There's apparently a wedding show at the convention centre on the 19th in the afternoon as well. I wonder how many future husbands will miss the opener? :laugh:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Funny that it would be Jan 19 in the afternoon. There's apparently a wedding show at the convention centre on the 19th in the afternoon as well. I wonder how many future husbands will miss the opener? :laugh:

If your fiancée is making you go to the wedding show instead of the home opener, you should probably just save everyone a lot of time and money and call the whole thing off now. :)

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

Thanks for the heads up about the wedding show, parking is always atrocious when that event is on and if there's a game as well, it's going to be a nightmare.

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
Hopefully sooner than later. We want to hold our ticket draft this weekend, but it will be very hard to draft without a schedule!! Would be good to know if I need to book off for a game on Jan 19.

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
Hopefully sooner than later. We want to hold our ticket draft this weekend, but it will be very hard to draft without a schedule!! Would be good to know if I need to book off for a game on Jan 19.

X2
Were having our ticket draft on Sat as well...and I gotta work on the 19th. Afternoon games in general dont work at all for me...so I hope that they are few and far between.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
X2
Were having our ticket draft on Sat as well...and I gotta work on the 19th. Afternoon games in general dont work at all for me...so I hope that they are few and far between.

Apparently the players won't be signing off on the deal until Saturday.

There is a very real possibility that we won't have a schedule until then.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Somebody brought this up on AIH and I think it is worth noting...

In the 2011-12 season the Jets went:

29-26-9 vs Eastern Conference
14-6-4 vs South East Division

8-9-1 vs the Western Conference
0-2 vs CBJ and Edm

So it isn't like the Jets padded their record with Western swings.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Rumour has it that the schedule will break down thusly:

4 games vs 2 division rivals
5 games vs 2 division rivals
3 vs 10 conference rivals

48 games. Either way, it will mean a decent amount of back to back games for our Jets.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
If you guys had your preference, which two teams would you like to play 5 games against and which teams would you like to play 4 times?

I'd like an extra game against Florida, I don't think they'll be able to repeat what they did last year.
The second team I'd go with is Tampa. Stamkos is scary but overall the team seems weak to me.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
If you guys had your preference, which two teams would you like to play 5 games against and which teams would you like to play 4 times?

I'd like an extra game against Florida, I don't think they'll be able to repeat what they did last year.
The second team I'd go with is Tampa. Stamkos is scary but overall the team seems weak to me.

I made a post on another forum about our likely divisional schedule, purely on geographical locations:

5 vs Tampa + Florida
4 vs Wash + Carolina
3 vs everyone else

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I made a post on another forum about our likely divisional schedule, purely on geographical locations:

5 vs Tampa + Florida
4 vs Wash + Carolina
3 vs everyone else

If its purely based on geography, why would be play an extra game against the teams furthest from us?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Apparently the players won't be signing off on the deal until Saturday.

There is a very real possibility that we won't have a schedule until then.

Why do they have to wait for both sides to sign off before releasing the schedule? If they feel they need to they could release a schedule saying "pending both sides signing off on the collective agreement".

IMO not releasing the schedule until a full week after the settlement is direspectful to ST holders. Many of us are in ST groups that have to split up tickets, tickets have to be sent out and divided up, and arrangements need to be made. I was really looking forward for our ST group getting together this weekend, having a ticket draft and celebrating the return of hockey.

And it is just plain stupid for the cities that need to start selling tickets to try to fill there buildings.

bodybreak

Whiteshell Wild
Jul 11, 2006
All confirmed for Jan 19:
Sens @ Jets, 1:30pm (says WFP)
Leafs @ Habs (says RDS and TVA Sports)
Flames @ Oilers (CHED confirmed BoA, Saddledome booked for lacrosse on 19th)

No brainier that those last 2 will be in the HNIC regular time slots.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
All confirmed for Jan 19:
Sens @ Jets, 1:30pm (says WFP)
Leafs @ Habs (says RDS and TVA Sports)
Flames @ Oilers (CHED confirmed BoA, Saddledome booked for lacrosse on 19th)

No brainier that those last 2 will be in the HNIC regular time slots.

Yup. I really wish that they would respect the Jets and not give us all of the matinee matches on these double headers. Is this going to be their Hockey Day in Canada triple header thing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad