2013 Schedule Discussion

EvilCoop

What year is it?
Nov 29, 2011
The Black Lodge
You have plans? I work nights. That game lands smack in the middle of my sleep schedule.

Touchey, I'm probably gonna cancel the plans, if my friends don't understand that Hockey > a backwoods flea market while watching laid off auto workers try to wrestle, I don't know what to tell them.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
All confirmed for Jan 19:
Sens @ Jets, 1:30pm (says WFP)
Leafs @ Habs (says RDS and TVA Sports)
Flames @ Oilers (CHED confirmed BoA, Saddledome booked for lacrosse on 19th)

No brainier that those last 2 will be in the HNIC regular time slots.

That is going to be a day of some ugly ugly hockey.
Short camp, no preseason.

I'll take the over on 9 goals each for all three games.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Honestly I wasn't excited at all when the lockout was over, I didn't really care. Now that we're discussing the season opener I'm starting to get excited. Jan 19 I'll be watching 3 consecutive hockey games.

I have plans that afternoon. :facepalm:

Not anymore :handclap:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Good idea came up from a friend of mine, for the out of division games we might see a scenario where, for example, the SE plays the NE twice at home, once away, and the Atlantic plays the SE once away and twice at home. Makes it easy to determine opponents at least and makes divisional competition fairer.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Good idea came up from a friend of mine, for the out of division games we might see a scenario where, for example, the SE plays the NE twice at home, once away, and the Atlantic plays the SE once away and twice at home. Makes it easy to determine opponents at least and makes divisional competition fairer.

With less time to separate from the pack and all Easter Conference games, three point games could really congest the standings. Who does and doesn't get in will be really tight.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The great news about the lockout is that it is now January 9th and we are tied for 1st place in the Eastern conference :sarcasm::handclap:

Of course the bad news is we are tied for last place as well but we won't dwell on that small fact :help:

oh Yea the other good thing about the lock out is we won't have to endure the All Star week. I really hate that entire event (same as the NBA all star game and NFL Pro bowl.....only baseball seems to have it figured out because the game means something)

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
The great news about the lockout is that it is now January 9th and we are tied for 1st place in the Eastern conference :sarcasm::handclap:

Of course the bad news is we are tied for last place as well but we won't dwell on that small fact :help:

oh Yea the other good thing about the lock out is we won't have to endure the All Star week. I really hate that entire event (same as the NBA all star game and NFL Pro bowl.....only baseball seems to have it figured out because the game means something)
I have always enjoyed the skill competition stuff.

I even like the old NFL QB challenge where they hucked at moving targets etc.

The games are awful though.

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
heard yesterday on 1290 that the original schedule will be adhered to more than many people thought. if that's true then these home games will likely go as scheduled...

Jan 19 Sens
Feb 7 Leafs
Feb 15 Penguins
Feb 17 Canadiens
Mar 2 Capitals
Mar 14 Rangers
Mar 16 Sens
Mar 19 Bruins
Mar 22 Capitals
Mar 24 Tampa Bay
Mar 30 Carolina
April 6 Philly
April 9 Sabres
April 11 Florida

looks like 14 games against the East may already be (mostly) set and 10 to fill in.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
They need to adopt the MLB rule where the winning conference gets home-ice advantage in Stanley Cup final

I have always enjoyed the skill competition stuff.

I even like the old NFL QB challenge where they hucked at moving targets etc.

The games are awful though.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
heard yesterday on 1290 that the original schedule will be adhered to more than many people thought. if that's true then these home games will likely go as scheduled...

Jan 19 Sens
Feb 7 Leafs
Feb 15 Penguins
Feb 17 Canadiens
Mar 2 Capitals
Mar 14 Rangers
Mar 16 Sens
Mar 19 Bruins
Mar 22 Capitals
Mar 24 Tampa Bay
Mar 30 Carolina
April 6 Philly
April 9 Sabres
April 11 Florida

looks like 14 games against the East may already be (mostly) set and 10 to fill in.

I was wondering about that after the Sens home opener rumour came around.

Missing a Carolina, Tampa and Florida game for sure, possibly two of two of those teams (or a third Caps game). Two Sens games and two Flyers games in there.

So out of the ten to fill in then we'd be looking at five in the division and five outside?

BobEssensa

Jun 16, 2011
What are the chances that CBC will carry the 1st Jets home game on TV? Also, does anyone know if CBC streams games online? Reason I ask is that I'm going to be in Hawaii from the 14th to the 21st, but I still want to find a way to watch the home opener. I already subscribe to Jets TV, so I don't want to shell out for Center Ice.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
They need to adopt the MLB rule where the winning conference gets home-ice advantage in Stanley Cup final

They can't really do that in the NHL since the chance of injury if the game is taken seriously is too high.

Baseball is all about individual play (batter vs pitcher) so it makes more sense.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011

Jan 19 Sens
Feb 7 Leafs
Feb 15 Penguins
Feb 17 Canadiens
Mar 2 Capitals
Mar 14 Rangers
Mar 16 Sens
Mar 19 Bruins
Mar 22 Capitals
Mar 24 Tampa Bay
Mar 30 Carolina
April 6 Philly
April 9 Sabres
April 11 Florida

I would say that it's unlikely as travel plans have to be altered a great deal.
For example the Jets had a big swing out to the West coast. Now they will
have to travel somewhere else or have other teams come to Winnipeg which
changes those teams plans as well. I think we have to wait until the schedule comes
out during the weekend or next week to see if those game stick.

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
What are the chances that CBC will carry the 1st Jets home game on TV? Also, does anyone know if CBC streams games online? Reason I ask is that I'm going to be in Hawaii from the 14th to the 21st, but I still want to find a way to watch the home opener. I already subscribe to Jets TV, so I don't want to shell out for Center Ice.

CBC is already confirmed. assuming there are no other early games it should go national. I would think that TO/Montreal goes after the Jets game and then the battle of Alberta late. Triple header to open the season. Smart move to get things back in gear in Canada.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

CBC streams online (although the stream quality is crap). However I doubt you'd be able to watch the stream from the US unless you use some ugly workarounds as it will most likely be blocked. You best bet is see if Center Ice is offering a free trial

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
CBC is already confirmed. assuming there are no other early games it should go national. I would think that TO/Montreal goes after the Jets game and then the battle of Alberta late. Triple header to open the season. Smart move to get things back in gear in Canada.

I would assume they'll try and get Vancouver to start on the 19th as well.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011

Toronto is not playing on the 19th.
The only two teams not playing on the 19th are Detroit and Toronto.

bodybreak

Whiteshell Wild
Jul 11, 2006

Here's hoping that the rumours about Centre Ice being free for this season, as a sign of goodwill following the lockout, will turn out to be true.

Toronto is not playing on the 19th.
The only two teams not playing on the 19th are Detroit and Toronto.

Both of the all-sports French networks in Quebec have confirmed that Toronto is playing in Montreal on the 19th. One of those networks is also the official French broadcaster for the Canadiens... Unless there's been some opponent flipping, but I don't think they'd mess around with Leafs-Habs or the Battle of Alberta.

Becel

I Hate Jamie Macoun
Sep 14, 2011
Here's hoping that the rumours about Centre Ice being free for this season, as a sign of goodwill following the lockout, will turn out to be true.

Isn't Centre Ice always a free preview for the first week or so?

Becel

I Hate Jamie Macoun
Sep 14, 2011
From NHL.com

The National Hockey League Players' Association will begin voting on ratification of the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the National Hockey League on Thursday night.

The Union said on its website voting would start at 8 p.m. ET Thursday and continue for 36 hours, through Saturday at 8 a.m.

Secret ballots will be cast electronically and the results will be announced Saturday morning after the voting window closes.

It is anticipated that if the CBA is ratified by the players, teams could open training camps on Sunday, with the regular season reportedly to begin on Jan. 19.

The NHL Board of Governors voted unanimously Wednesday to ratify the new 10-year CBA.

Commissioner Gary Bettman said the 2012-13 regular-season schedule would be released "instantaneously" after the players' ratify the CBA.

Schedule Saturday morning? Noon latest? Time for a ticket draft!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad