2013 Schedule Discussion Thread

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Here it is: http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm

Here is a printable schedule if anyone wants one.

SCN_0001.jpg

Last edited:

Paisano*

Well opening night might be a sell out since half the place will be wearing red.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@BlueJacketsNHL: To answer several questions: the official #NHL schedule will be released once the CBA ratification process has been completed. #CBJ”

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009
Disappointed the home opener is a Monday. It is so hard on me to make weekday games living 2 hours away and having to be at work between 6 - 7 am.

Kim & I are thinking of making the trip to Nashville. It will be interesting to see how many STH's from Nashville will get tix and how many will be available on ticketmaster.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I'm interested to see how people like myself with flex plans will be able to pick our games. I already know I have a conflict on the 21st that would prevent me from going opening night so hopefully this opening night won't be a requirement for my plan like it was when there was still an 82 game schedule planned out.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
“@Aportzline: Puck-rakers: Barring #NHL schedule tweak, #CBJ will open in Nashville on 1/19, host Detroit in Nationwide 2 days later http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2013/01/opener-in-nashville.html "

I will update this post once we have the full schedule.

The NHL schedule is not yet set regardless of what AP says.... not saying AP is wrong but the NHL season ticket and mini pack holders will be the first to know and that information has not been released yet.

Those that have pre paid tickets will know the full schedule 12 hours before all tickets go on sale to the general public....

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
The NHL schedule is not yet set regardless of what AP says.... not saying AP is wrong but the NHL season ticket and mini pack holders will be the first to know and that information has not been released yet.

Those that have pre paid tickets will know the full schedule 12 hours before all tickets go on sale to the general public....

Can't believe you are going to make me defend Portzline.

"Both of these games are subject to change, as the NHL has not finalized the schedule and won't make it public until the NHL Players' Association ratifies the collective bargaining agreement on Saturday."

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Can't believe you are going to make me defend Portzline.

"Both of these games are subject to change, as the NHL has not finalized the schedule and won't make it public until the NHL Players' Association ratifies the collective bargaining agreement on Saturday."

Just trying to stop rumors before the facts are out.... (I have been informed from an NHL team about this subject)...

3 goals = chili

Jan 14, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Here's hoping the Jackets play @Carolina this year with the limited number of games.

If not i think the next closest place would be Nashville? At that point it would just be worth the extra 30-45 mins to drive to Columbus.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Here's hoping the Jackets play @Carolina this year with the limited number of games.

If not i think the next closest place would be Nashville? At that point it would just be worth the extra 30-45 mins to drive to Columbus.

No Carolina. Western Conference teams only. No Eastern teams at all until the finals :naughty:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

We (the general public) will know the full schedule before the season ticket holders are notified (me included). They (season ticket holders) will not be the first to know jack ****.

Having said that, the first couple of games for all teams seem to have been leaked by pretty credible resources. Yes, we have to wait for it to be official, but we already knew that.

So yes, I fully expect to be at Nationwide on Monday the 21st.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
IIRC, Monday the 21st is MLK day, so maybe it's a holiday matinee. Much better situation attendance-wise than a typical weeknight game.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Looks like we'll just have to see Carolina in the Stanley Cup Final then.

(Boy, wouldn't that make the collective heads of the hockey media explode simultaneously)

I assume since Carolina won the Cup in 2006 most of the exploding would be caused by the Jackets appearance.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

The league will notify the teams before anyone else and based on reports they have been do thus with sources leaking it to the media.

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
IIRC, Monday the 21st is MLK day, so maybe it's a holiday matinee. Much better situation attendance-wise than a typical weeknight game.

How many businesses are closed on the 21st? I know I'll be working. It would suck to have the home opener during a weekday afternoon and have to miss it.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Many are closed. Nationwide is closed so parking would not be a problem.

I don't think they will do a day game on the 21st, but if they did I would be for it. BTW the Jackets have explored this idea in the past and I think it will happen at some point.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
I don't think the club has ever had a day game on a non-Sunday. I doubt they start now.

Correct they have not and I do not think they will do it mainly because it is opening night, but at some point I do see them having a day game on the day after Thanksgiving, MLK or maybe Columbus or Presidents Day but not as likely since Nationwide works these days. Like I said they have explored this and there have been questions about it on the past two STH surveys I have done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad