OT: 2013 Redsox/MLB Thread - Playoff Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I put last nights game on Farrell`s decision not to walk Longoria. He defended this move saying he never even considered walking him. I wonder what will happen tonight if faced with the same situation?

The only thing I wish Farrell did different was not bringing in Morales (who can't have 1 good inning to save his life. I would have brought in Dempster or Koji. You see how the Braves messed up by not bringing in Kimbrel and how pissed he was. I think in that situation, you bring in your guy.

Clay had Longoria's number. He just made a bad pitch. The bad defense inning just makes that loss hurt. Sometimes you just have to go superstar vs superstar and see what happens. No problems with that. Loboton or whatever his name is, just sucked.

I have all the confidence in Peavy tonight. As long as our offense shows up, along with our d, Jakes taking us to the promise land. He's going to come out pumped.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
The only thing I wish Farrell did different was not bringing in Morales (who can't have 1 good inning to save his life. I would have brought in Dempster or Koji. You see how the Braves messed up by not bringing in Kimbrel and how pissed he was. I think in that situation, you bring in your guy.

Clay had Longoria's number. He just made a bad pitch. The bad defense inning just makes that loss hurt. Sometimes you just have to go superstar vs superstar and see what happens. No problems with that. Loboton or whatever his name is, just sucked.

I have all the confidence in Peavy tonight. As long as our offense shows up, along with our d, Jakes taking us to the promise land. He's going to come out pumped.

With Will Myers on deck and his issue`s I would have walked Longoria in a second. Not worth the risk at all.

I like Peavy tonight however the Sox just handed all their momentum over to TB, I would not be surprised to see this go 5.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Pet peeve of mine:

I hate when managers pinch run for Papi when he's on first base, especially if it's before the 9th. Hate it. I pinch run for him if he's on second, in the ninth, and we are down a run or tied (with less than two outs). I realize Berry stole the bag (not really but the ump says so), but we still ended up missing his bat. He's not so slow that it's worth taking out his bat when he's on first base.

Also hated not pinch hitting for Drew with X against the lefty. Also hated not walking Longoria.

I think Farrell was brutal last night, and I'm not a guy that typically second-guesses managers.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Pet peeve of mine:

I hate when managers pinch run for Papi when he's on first base, especially if it's before the 9th. Hate it. I pinch run for him if he's on second, in the ninth, and we are down a run or tied (with less than two outs). I realize Berry stole the bag (not really but the ump says so), but we still ended up missing his bat. He's not so slow that it's worth taking out his bat when he's on first base.

Also hated not pinch hitting for Drew with X against the lefty. Also hated not walking Longoria.

I think Farrell was brutal last night, and I'm not a guy that typically second-guesses managers.

I'm with you on that. Why take our your best hitter if it looks like the game will go extra frames? The other move that managers make regularly that irks me is using your closer in a tie game, just because it's the 9th inning.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I'm with you on that. Why take our your best hitter if it looks like the game will go extra frames? The other move that managers make regularly that irks me is using your closer in a tie game, just because it's the 9th inning.

Making the Ortiz move more questionable to me is why you'd let Salty and Drew hit against a lefty. If you're going for it, go for it. Don't let two guys who have absolutely no chance of getting a hit swing the bat.

The more I think about this the more other things come to mind. I didn't like the Victorino bunt either. Rodney was wild, the infield was all the way in and there were holes. You've already pulled Ortiz, and you can't expect TB to make the mistake of pitching to Pedey. The bunt there should have meant bases loaded, one out, and Carp up. I'd prefer 1st and 2nd, no outs and Victorino swinging against a drawn in infield PLUS the chance of Pedey getting to swing the bat.

I liked using Koji because you can't know you'll get the chance to use him. I get your point and I think it's debatable either way though.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
With Will Myers on deck and his issue`s I would have walked Longoria in a second. Not worth the risk at all.

I like Peavy tonight however the Sox just handed all their momentum over to TB, I would not be surprised to see this go 5.

Overused quote, but so true, by Earl Weaver I think (or Gammons, lol):

"Momentum is the next day's starting pitcher."

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
I don't like the Dodgers but what a classless move by the Braves players. I'm glad they lost.
http://nesn.com/2013/10/report-brav...-former-third-baseman-picked-dodgers-in-nlds/

The Braves lost me a few weeks ago, first the incident with Fernandez, then Gomez and now Chipper.
Really? Because he rightfully predicted the Braves to get stomped 3-1? If Millar or Pedro made such a prediction, people may not like it, but they would still be able to throw a first pitch to someone on the team.

As a franchise I don't mind them...and I still liked that team much better than the obnoxious Dodgers with "gods will Gonzalez" and Carl "I love cashing in without being hold accountable and the light LA media" Crawford.

The Braves should be ashamed of themselves, Jones is a true franchise player/icon.
They couldn't even take care of the Dodgers. Now I have to bank on the Cards/Pirates to get the job done.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Need a big game from Peavy. Want no part of Price in a potential game five.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
The Braves lost me a few weeks ago, first the incident with Fernandez, then Gomez and now Chipper.
Really? Because he rightfully predicted the Braves to get stomped 3-1? If Millar or Pedro made such a prediction, people may not like it, but they would still be able to throw a first pitch to someone on the team.

As a franchise I don't mind them...and I still liked that team much better than the obnoxious Dodgers with "gods will Gonzalez" and Carl "I love cashing in without being hold accountable and the light LA media" Crawford.

The Braves should be ashamed of themselves, Jones is a true franchise player/icon.
They couldn't even take care of the Dodgers. Now I have to bank on the Cards/Pirates to get the job done.

Kevin Millar is a unique character though. One of my favorite Red Sox. I mean the guy threw out the first pitch of 2007 ALCS Game 7 while a member of the Baltimore Orioles. Baseball norms don't apply to Millar. But screw the Braves and Dodgers wish both teams could have lost. Can't stand Crawford and AGon. I'm hoping it's God's will is for us to curb stomp Crawford, AGon, and company in the World Series, but first things first get past Tampa.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
So nervous. I felt this way before the series started, then felt great after game 1 through the 6th inning last night.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
four former Red Sox in the A's lineup and two very good young players Cespedes and Donaldson make up the majority of the A's lineup

nice- Lowrie:handclap:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The A's would be fun to watch. My kid got to meet Moss years ago when she was probably 10 or so and I told her he was 'a scrub- a really nice guy, but probably never will really make it'. He's done very well.

Would love to wake up tomorrow ready to start reading up on a Sox-A's matchup.

acr*

Jake Peavy only has two games in him: Dominant 7 IP, 1 ER performance or 5 inning, 9 hit, 6 run disaster. Fate is a flip of the coin. I hope he has it tonight.

acr*

Don Orsillo is more excited about the Tigers-A's game than he's ever been calling a Red Sox game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad