OT: 2013 Redskins Thread Part III: Barfs on the Warpath

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I'm more mad at Shanny for his garbage track record drafting the OL. Other than Trent, everyone else has done nothing. Erik Cook, Selvish Capers, Maurice Hurt, Josh LeRibeye, Adam Gettis, and Tom Compton have done nothing. He thought he was smarter than everyone else and could find gems in the later rounds. Won't miss him.

The radio talk is that a lot of people have since complained that MS was such a micromanager that nobody could do their jobs and everyone was "talent held captive". Well that's a convenient excuse however true it may be, so we'll see. We should remember that that's the exact same rap that Snyder has gotten: stifling micromanagement.

So we'll see if Gruden can change that culture as someone who relies more on the people around him.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Funny about Cousins considering weeks ago I posted something where the Skins said publicly they weren't interested in trading him. No offers have come in since....go figure.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Funny about Cousins considering weeks ago I posted something where the Skins said publicly they weren't interested in trading him. No offers have come in since....go figure.

Article says no offers this offseason, not since any announcement.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
The radio talk is that a lot of people have since complained that MS was such a micromanager that nobody could do their jobs and everyone was "talent held captive". Well that's a convenient excuse however true it may be, so we'll see. We should remember that that's the exact same rap that Snyder has gotten: stifling micromanagement.

So we'll see if Gruden can change that culture as someone who relies more on the people around him.

I was a big Shanny supporter but its clear as day he imploded.

The first sign was how he mismanged the McNabb situation and vindictively humiliated him. Then he did that with RGIII and then Snyder.

What led him to be such a jackhole?

He really should have handled this last year much better than trying to get fired. Lame. Lost a ton of respect for him.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Veteran headcase on top of a new coach trying to change the culture (again)? Not a good fit.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
DJax has been nothing but drama in the past few years, especially the off-seasons, in Philadelphia. Lots of contract demands and effort concerns. On the other hand, he is the type of player that has gamebreaking potential and will steal you a few touchdowns per season. And it's not as if the Redskins WR core is top notch.

Still, my gut tells me to stay away. He may be a better fit in New England or Seattle or somewhere else that can deal with "problem" players by assimilating them into their system.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
DJax has been nothing but drama in the past few years, especially the off-seasons, in Philadelphia. Lots of contract demands and effort concerns. On the other hand, he is the type of player that has gamebreaking potential and will steal you a few touchdowns per season. And it's not as if the Redskins WR core is top notch.

Still, my gut tells me to stay away. He may be a better fit in New England or Seattle or somewhere else that can deal with "problem" players by assimilating them into their system.

Right..this type of player is never a fit for a team that has dysfunciton issues (Raiders, Redskins, Dallas) but usually has great success on teams where the other players can keep him in line (New England and maybe Pittsburgh/Seattle)

I want to see him goto Dallas to see them implode spectacularly. Dez and Desean will end up in a fist fight on the sidelines before the season ends.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
DeSeans 1st visit is with the Skins Monday, Rotoworld said we have about 7mill we could offer him.

Im all for it, Sign Jackson cut some scrubs, Give RG3 Jackson and Garcon

Sep 19, 2008
Given the Redskins history with malcontents I'd be wary of signing DeShaun. He fits a need but I hope it doesn't end up like Haynesworth 2.0.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I want to win. Tired of being an after thought. No first round pick and we can get D Jax without giving up any assets? Absolutely. Just protect ourselves with the contract.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Buyer beware. The Eagles are usually right on when it comes time to part ways with players who've outgrown their worth. Should have a giant chip on his shoulder though.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Because Dawkins and TO won so many?

Nice try. Your argument failed. You said the Eagles have a proven track record of letting guys go at the right time without it hurting them. I gave you two clear indisputable examples where you're wrong. The Eagles have also never won a title so I'm pretty sure their management and personnel decisions are not beyond reproach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad