OT: 2013 Redskins Thread Part III: Barfs on the Warpath

Status
Not open for further replies.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
An absolute circus. This organization.

This is worse than the Cerrato/Zorn era. That from a 2 time super bowl winning coach.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
If this is all true the power struggle has begun! At least its something to keep us entertained ...

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Good.

It's time to see what value Cousins really has. To recoup picks or eventually replace the mess currently at QB.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Good.

It's time to see what value Cousins really has. To recoup picks or eventually replace the mess currently at QB.

You think bringing Cousins into this mess as it stands has any chance of accurately assessing his value?

We have a lame duck coach in a power struggle with the owner and a team well out of the playoffs who is completely deflated. Cousins will look awful as would any QB in this position.

No this is a move to force Snyder's hand to fire him.

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
Three firsts and a second walk into a bar.

They order two beers, but the bartender says "Sorry, one drink per person."

That's the joke.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
You think bringing Cousins into this mess as it stands has any chance of accurately assessing his value?

We have a lame duck coach in a power struggle with the owner and a team well out of the playoffs who is completely deflated. Cousins will look awful as would any QB in this position.

No this is a move to force Snyder's hand to fire him.

I know there are reports that this is supposed to enrage Snyder, but I'm not convinced Snyder didn't ask Shanahan to bench RG3 to protect him because DS doesn't trust MS to manage that asset for the last few games.

MS's motive for doing it would be to avoid the ugliness of being the coach that ruined RG3 if an injury were to occur. It makes him appear to be taking the Skins long-term interests into consideration over his record as a coach. That's a positive in his column for future negotiations with other teams.

Whatever the motive, it's the right move, imo.

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
I know there are reports that this is supposed to enrage Snyder, but I'm not convinced Snyder didn't ask Shanahan to bench RG3 to protect him because DS doesn't trust MS to manage that asset for the last few games.

MS's motive for doing it would be to avoid the ugliness of being the coach that ruined RG3 if an injury were to occur. It makes him appear to be taking the Skins long-term interests into consideration over his record as a coach. That's a positive in his column for future negotiations with other teams.

So why not bench more starters?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
So why not bench more starters?

Any of them come at the same price as RG3? Is the QB position the most important on any football team?

I don't know, you tell me. Why not bench more starters? Guys playing for future contracts who aren't superstars will probably protest.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
The only way to make this more entertaining is if Cousins wins the final three games.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
so RG3 not even practicing ?

how the hell is he gonna get any better if Grossman is taking his practice reps.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009

Well Shanahan did say that he confered with Snyder on this decision but didn't give the outcome of that discussion as to whether Snyder agreed to it or not.

I agree that its the right move and it probably was not wise to have him start the season in hindsight.

Something tells me this is all part of a power ploy tho. Seems like a game of chicken.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
so RG3 not even practicing ?

how the hell is he gonna get any better if Grossman is taking his practice reps.

I don't think he's 100%. He's not running as well as he did last year and he's not passing as well, either. IMO he should be in PT and should be doing drills to get his mechanics back.

When that brace is off (which the doctors won't let him remove until next year) he may be 100%. Until then, nope.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This organization is a ****show. I had a whole rant typed up bashing all three parties, but deleted it because "this organization is a ****show" says it all.

RG3 will not succeed here. This sloppy mess will continue, because it always does no matter who the coach is. After not succeeding in a ridiculously impossible position, he'll get traded to a real organization, escape this drunken clown orgy and thrive elsewhere. It'll be like San Diego with Drew Brees but far more embarrassing because nobody cares about the Chargers anyways, but people love crapping on Washington.

I don't think he's 100%. He's not running as well as he did last year and he's not passing as well, either. IMO he should be in PT and should be doing drills to get his mechanics back.

When that brace is off (which the doctors won't let him remove until next year) he may be 100%. Until then, nope.

I think this is true. He's really clearly not the same guy in terms of physical capabilities...he's getting caught by guys this year he would've left in the dust last year. Wasn't he supposed to miss the first 5 games but was rushed back? Something tells me that 5 weeks of rusty football behind a terrible offensive line hinders any healing process.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Chris Russell @russellmania980
Was told this again two weeks ago...Mike Shanahan was against giving up the level of compensation they did for #2 pick. He gave in....

He gave in to Dan & Bruce when he realized he could not secure Peyton Manning. ..Now he feels "I told u then" & is wrongly getting revenge

We will never win with this owner.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Ha, not that it matters. Who would be the QB otherwise? The team would still be a debacle. Every move this org makes is incorrect. Every single one.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
This organization is a ****show. I had a whole rant typed up bashing all three parties, but deleted it because "this organization is a ****show" says it all.

RG3 will not succeed here. This sloppy mess will continue, because it always does no matter who the coach is. After not succeeding in a ridiculously impossible position, he'll get traded to a real organization, escape this drunken clown orgy and thrive elsewhere. It'll be like San Diego with Drew Brees but far more embarrassing because nobody cares about the Chargers anyways, but people love crapping on Washington.

I think this is true. He's really clearly not the same guy in terms of physical capabilities...he's getting caught by guys this year he would've left in the dust last year. Wasn't he supposed to miss the first 5 games but was rushed back? Something tells me that 5 weeks of rusty football behind a terrible offensive line hinders any healing process.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I've had knee problems and I played college level sports. I've had to play with big braces on. Nobody who's 100% would ever choose to do that. Others I know who've been through the same things agree with that sentiment.

RG3 ran like a deer last year. Now he runs like...a wounded deer. :sarcasm:

Unfortunately he also fell like a deer, with legs flapping all over the place (which is when Ngata hit him for the first injury).

He clearly hasn't adjusted to the pro game in terms of learning to be tackled. Kids in HS can't tackle. In college you're down as soon as you hit the ground so defenders don't play through the whistle or attempt to bury you as much as they do in the pros. And in the pros EVERYONE is fast, even the linemen.

Skins fans have to hope what we've seen is the ultimate textbook "sophomore slump", and that RG3 learns something from this season instead of just relying on what he was doing in year 1.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Was told this again two weeks ago...Mike Shanahan was against giving up the level of compensation they did for #2 pick. He gave in....

He gave in to Dan & Bruce when he realized he could not secure Peyton Manning. ..Now he feels "I told u then" & is wrongly getting revenge

We will never win with this owner.

On my. It was reported that Shanahan wanted Tannehill I thought.

This just sucks. The fact that Snyder is so involved that is...

I'm actually kind of glad Shanahan is bringing this to light. Snyder had fooled the fans for a few years there.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
There's a great write up in the Post today with Cooley detailing how terrible RG3's mechanics have been.

I've got to believe the coaches see it and are trying to correct it which tells me that either he's either fighting them or incapable.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
There's a great write up in the Post today with Cooley detailing how terrible RG3's mechanics have been.

I've got to believe the coaches see it and are trying to correct it which tells me that either he's either fighting them or incapable.

You know, it's funny because several weeks ago some callers to the 980 show "The Drive" were telling Cooley and Czaban that RG3 had bad mechanics ...and in response they MOCKED the callers. Cooley went so far as to joke at length about how he'd approach RG3 and tell him some random guy had a problem with his mechanics and footwork, and get right on that (paraphrasing).

Well, so much for the fans always being wrong and the people "in the game" always being right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad