OT: 2013 Redskins Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Who gets the 5 year 30 million dollar coaching offer, Bill Cowher or Jon Gruden?

If either of those men get the job it's another half decade of fail.

They need an innovative, up and comer with a legacy to build.

Shanny's heart is in primarily to work with his son. The drive is gone.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You cannot get this many INTs from Peyton and blow the game. The offensive coaching has been so ****ing bad, made worse by RG being sloppy.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Maybe Reed wasn't shut down, they just weren't throwing the short passes to him. Or maybe Griffin just didn't notice him.

Awesome job finding playcalling that works in the last 5 minutes, down by 17. Keep it up Kyle.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
If your going to make RG3 a pocket passer, what's the point? He was drafted to be the dual threat, rather roll with Cousins if you want a pocket passer.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
QB change wouldn't do crap. Not enough talent on the roster...DBs are crap, WRs are crap. Rg3 battered all day. Wasted year.

Actually the DBs have been a relative bright spot. Amerson will be a good one and Hall seems rejuvenated. Denver did most of their damage against our linebackers and safeties. Garçon and Reed are a pretty nice duo, but yeah after that we are limited.

Kyle called a terrible terrible game, very unimaginative. Just because you are faking handoffs doesn't mean you are creative. It was either run or pass 20 yards downfield. RG3 doesn't help by missing open receivers and failing to use check downs.

Sep 19, 2008
@AndrewSiciliano 9:08 AM
Go on... RT @NFL_ATL: Pierre Garcon: 'If you suck at passing, you suck at passing' nfl.com/news/story/0ap…

Why did they stop running? The whole offense is built on the option and then in the 2nd half they just started hurling it out there. You're not down 21 at that point. You're only down 7 at that time. Take it easy.

It doesn't really matter anyway, as the Redskins looked incompetent on offense other than the one drive to tie it at 7 apiece. The defense contained the Broncos well and they actually had a 21-7 lead at one point, but then the implosion began. I'm not too mad, because this was a game the Redskins weren't supposed to win. Everything happened as expected, defense eventually got torched, special teams was pretty bad, only surprise is that the offense was that lackluster.

San Diego is a tough game but hopefully they'll be able to win that one and return to winning ways. There isn't much leverage for losses now.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
We are 2-5 and have looked bad at being that way.

Moss and Robinson have dropped more passes this year than they have caught and all the ones they dropped have been absolutely crucial. The other guys drop balls too but at least they make plays.

Despite our uber suckitude its amazing that the Skins still control their own destiny. The entire NFC east seems to get worse each week.

Cowboys will probably still win it since they suck just a little bit less than the other 3 teams.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
It amazes me they keep RG3 in the pocket, not many attempts to roll him out. He's a sitting duck and he's not a pocket passer, can Kyle really not see that?

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
It amazes me they keep RG3 in the pocket, not many attempts to roll him out. He's a sitting duck and he's not a pocket passer, can Kyle really not see that?

I have a theory that I fear is 100% true...

I want to blame Kyle but I can't. I think this revolves around RG3 and his dad. The comments they made in the offseason and they way they have manipulated the press seems that they forced Shanahan squared into letting him be mainly a pocket passer. The guy wants to prove that he isn't just a running RO qb and his ego seems to me to have got the best of him.

Our O line is not built for drop back passers. Its built for stretch running and overall is mediocre but much disguised due to the running of RG3.

Its my belief that RG3 is the driving force behind the shift in offensive philosophy. He has used the press to put the Shanahan's in a no win situation since if he runs and gets injured there would be nowhere to hide for them and he knows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad