OT: 2013 Redskins Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
MarkMaske ‏@MarkMaske
Redskins' Brandon Meriweather suspended for two games, NFL announces.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Fred on the trading block. I figured Green Bay may call. Finley is getting roughed up.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
RE: Doughty

Well this is the NFL. non-guaranteed contracts have a funny way of healing injuries especially concussions. He will most likely play. It's not too often a player in this league misses games due to concussions unlike the NHL.

RE: Slaughter house

Lets see...Denver is coming off a loss which is the worst thing that could happen. They are playing at home. No Merriweather means Rambo who, based on what I have seen, makes me want Madoodoo Williams back.

That said we do have a chance. RGIII looks like he is very close and just him alone can keep us in the game. Our average receivers need to stop dropping balls on 3rd downs tho.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Tonight's game might have set professional football back a decade.

That game was a disgrace. The Vikings should be ashamed of themselves. That wasn't fair to Freeman, his teammates, their fans, or anyone who happened to watch the game. I would want Leslie Frasier fired on the plane ride back if I was a fan of that team.

Freeman looked completely lost and frustrated. I actually felt bad for him when they panned to his facial expression on the sideline. It was evident he knew about 10% of the playbook and how could you blame him -- how many times did he shrug his shoulders walking to the sidelines?

Just a pathetic display.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
That game was a disgrace. The Vikings should be ashamed of themselves. That wasn't fair to Freeman, his teammates, their fans, or anyone who happened to watch the game. I would want Leslie Frasier fired on the plane ride back if I was a fan of that team.

Freeman looked completely lost and frustrated. I actually felt bad for him when they panned to his facial expression on the sideline. It was evident he knew about 10% of the playbook and how could you blame him -- how many times did he shrug his shoulders walking to the sidelines?

Just a pathetic display.

To me it is clear what Minnesota is trying to do....the Tank is on.

They need a QB and the best way to get one is to get a high draft pick.

The team they were playing last night is in DIRECT competition with them record wise. They had to lose that game.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
To me it is clear what Minnesota is trying to do....the Tank is on.

They need a QB and the best way to get one is to get a high draft pick.

The team they were playing last night is in DIRECT competition with them record wise. They had to lose that game.

If they were trying to tank, why not just continue playing Cassel and Ponder? Why go through the effort of signing Freeman?

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
If they were trying to tank, why not just continue playing Cassel and Ponder? Why go through the effort of signing Freeman?

Two fold

Its easier to tank when you bring in a guy mid season with no idea of your playbook. That way you can chalk it up to a learning curve.

Also it makes it APPEAR as though they are giving him a tryout for the future as opposed to trying to intentionally lose now. It buys them time with their fans as well.

If they were trying to win that game last night they would have used Ponder. Gruden said so about a million times.

Its a copy cat league. With the success that alot of teams have had with young QBs it stands to reason that Minnesota will have their eyes on a guy like Manziel.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Just a pathetic display.

I think I heard WTOP mention Freeman got a concussion in the process too; pick any of the dozens of hits he took.

Does anyone think we can convince a terrible team to give us a really good first round pick for Cousins? If so I'd do it immediately.

Sure, we wouldn't have a backup besides Rexy, but if Griffin goes down the team is 80 different kinds of ****ed anyways...so it doesn't really matter.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I think I heard WTOP mention Freeman got a concussion in the process too; pick any of the dozens of hits he took.

Does anyone think we can convince a terrible team to give us a really good first round pick for Cousins? If so I'd do it immediately.

Sure, we wouldn't have a backup besides Rexy, but if Griffin goes down the team is 80 different kinds of ****ed anyways...so it doesn't really matter.

I doubt it right now, but as I said previously, I'm not giving up Cousins for anything less than a high first rounder. I do think however, our best bet for a 1st rounder will be after the draft. There is no one, and I mean no one, worth a damn in the FA class this year outside Cutler who I don't see leaving Chicago. Some team will be left without a QB after the draft and come calling. Check out this garbage FA class:

Pos Player FA Status Previous Team Current Team
QB Derek Anderson UFA Carolina Panthers Free Agent
QB Kellen Clemens UFA St. Louis Rams Free Agent
QB Jay Cutler UFA Chicago Bears Free Agent
QB Pat Devlin RFA Miami Dolphins Free Agent
QB Josh Freeman UFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent
QB Rex Grossman UFA Washington Redskins Free Agent
QB Chad Henne UFA Jacksonville Jaguars Free Agent
QB Shaun Hill UFA Detroit Lions Free Agent
QB Tarvaris Jackson UFA Seattle Seahawks Free Agent
QB Josh McCown UFA Chicago Bears Free Agent
QB Luke McCown UFA New Orleans Saints Free Agent
QB Dan Orlovsky UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free Agent
QB Charlie Whitehurst UFA San Diego Chargers Free Agent

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I doubt it right now, but as I said previously, I'm not giving up Cousins for anything less than a high first rounder. I do think however, our best bet for a 1st rounder will be after the draft. There is no one, and I mean no one, worth a damn in the FA class this year outside Cutler who I don't see leaving Chicago. Some team will be left without a QB after the draft and come calling. Check out this garbage FA class:

Pos Player FA Status Previous Team Current Team
QB Derek Anderson UFA Carolina Panthers Free Agent
QB Kellen Clemens UFA St. Louis Rams Free Agent
QB Jay Cutler UFA Chicago Bears Free Agent
QB Pat Devlin RFA Miami Dolphins Free Agent
QB Josh Freeman UFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent
QB Rex Grossman UFA Washington Redskins Free Agent
QB Chad Henne UFA Jacksonville Jaguars Free Agent
QB Shaun Hill UFA Detroit Lions Free Agent
QB Tarvaris Jackson UFA Seattle Seahawks Free Agent
QB Josh McCown UFA Chicago Bears Free Agent
QB Luke McCown UFA New Orleans Saints Free Agent
QB Dan Orlovsky UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free Agent
QB Charlie Whitehurst UFA San Diego Chargers Free Agent

Trade Cousins to the Rams who lost bradford to ACL injury for 3 1st and a 2nd :naughty:

SlappaDaBass

May 7, 2012
Trade Cousins to the Rams who lost bradford to ACL injury for 3 1st and a 2nd :naughty:

That would be the trade of the century but I can still see us getting more than just a first rounder for Cousins if a team is desperate enough. I want to hold onto him until the end of the season though just in case something fluky happens to Robert again.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I mean...if something happens to Griffin all Cousins will do is screw up our draft picks. If Griffin goes down the tank should be on.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
No 1st rounder? Tank anyway!

Actually, that sounds exactly like something the Redskins would do.

Well my assumption is that we would ideally get someone else's decent first for Cousins, and then just let all our other draft picks be as high as possible if the worst happens.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

My favorite suggestion is that the problem isn't the name, it's the context. The person then provided a new logo, with the head replaced by a red skin potato. It's so stupid I feel compelled to love it.

Oh hey, found an example:

5e188835b9ae583e575309622290c10c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad