OT: 2013 red sox/mlb thread part XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Was he the one who quit becuase of the pay?

Yes he quit after being asked to take a massive (rumored to be 30%) pay cut.

He was planning on taking a tech course on how to be a programmer. Good luck to him on that, but as a 45 year old Senior engineer in the industry I am almost a dinosaur. So if he tries to enter as a 41 year old entry level engineer, well good luck to him

acr*

This Gilaspie guy has impressed me all series with his slick fielding at third.

acr*

We're up 8 in the loss column on the third place WC team right now, so it would definitely take another 2011 to miss the playoffs altogether.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Didn't get to see too much of the game because I was posted up in the library working on a group project.

I did see that Drew hit a homer though :)

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I'm really digging the Drew/Bogaerts/Middlebrooks triumvirate. As I said before X was called up, collectively, they are a very good group to have.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
Gammons, they were picked first most publications. To miss playoffs would most likely need a third place finish. I love the guy too, but he's no more invincible than francona

I can't stand Maddon. I hate how the media tells us how fun he is to cover, how sophisticated he is with his wine collection, and his damn hipster glasses but really why I hate him is the guy can never keep his nose out of other teams' business. He's never shy to call someone on another team out like with Lackey earlier this year. I doubt it happens but I'd love to see him get the ax if his team faltered down the stretch.

acr*

I think Maddon is overrated as all hell and I really don't like him, but there's no chance that he gets fired unless there's a major Grady moment that costs them a playoff series or he has an affair with Longoria's wife or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad