OT: 2013 Playoff Prediction and Discussion

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Cannot wait for tonight's game.

Did not really look forward to seeing these two teams battle for the cup, but I have to admit this series especially games 1 and 4, have been stellar.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Not really a fan of either team, they both recently one won a cup. No underdog.

Just no intriguing story lines like we usually have. The quality of hockey has been fantastic though.

I agree with this. The only selling point of this series is that it has two very good, very evenly matched teams playing very entertaining hockey. Thank goodness that that is the best selling point there is once the game starts!

Did you happen to find yourself suddenly pulling for one team or the other? I found out I was cheering for Chicago about halfway through the second period of game 1.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I agree with this. The only selling point of this series is that it has two very good, very evenly matched teams playing very entertaining hockey. Thank goodness that that is the best selling point there is once the game starts!

Did you happen to find yourself suddenly pulling for one team or the other? I found out I was cheering for Chicago about halfway through the second period of game 1.

Yeah, I really have started to dislike the Bruins each time I watch them. I personally think they're dirty and a lot of their fans are arrogant.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Yep cheering hard for the Hawks.

Mostly because of the Iginla debacle and how Bruins fans have acted on this board.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Frankly, I respect the hell out of the Bruins. I think I've seen everything they do through rose-coloured glasses since they beat the Canucks. That won a lot of favour with me. I like the gritty style they play with and I like the way their role players play.

On the other hand, I've always hated Chicago as an opponent, so I was a little surprised to find myself cheering pro-Hawks.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Tied 1-1. I'm really hoping the cup is presented tonight. I'm ready for the official announcement of Shanahan plus if there are any trades.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Tied 1-1. I'm really hoping the cup is presented tonight. I'm ready for the official announcement of Shanahan plus if there are any trades.

Maybe it's the possibility of all this happening, but I agree. I'm ready for the offseason.

Gary83*

Ew. Anytime I watch a hawks game I'm reminded of their young players mocking an injured Brendan Morrison as he struggled to get off the ice.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Wow what a finish. Hawks score two goals in 17 seconds to take the lead. Still a minute left.

And the Hawks are the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
So, would Iginla on Boston have changed things, or was this just not his year?

I don't think Jagr scored a goal in the playoffs so one would think Iginla would have done more.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
So, would Iginla on Boston have changed things, or was this just not his year?

I don't think Jagr scored a goal in the playoffs so one would think Iginla would have done more.

Meh.
Could be the wrong chemistry at the end of the day. Maybe Bruins get ousted by the leafs in the first round with iggy on the team, you never know.

Jagr is up there. Shortened season getting into the late parts, he just ran out I think.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Was pulling for the B's but I won my playoff pool so I could care less really. If not the Flames I cheer for the Flyers and Kings, and the Kings because they have my 2 favourite former Flyers lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad