Speculation: 2013 Offseason: UFAs, Trades, What's Next? | Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
wings closing in on weiss according to steve loyd.

The wings pretty much sign a second line.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
pretty sure Ottawa is done for the day, I wouldn't mind getting Penner and/or Brunner but only is they are cheap. Gonna be another year of letting the kids play.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Will post this again here.

Getting Mac is better than getting Clarkson for sure...and on a much better contract.

Also even if this is our only move this year we should be a better team than last year.

Additions: Spezza, MacArthur, Cowen, Karlsson and a healthy Michalek
Subtractions: Alfredsson, Latendresse, Gonchar, Benoit

We should be better. If we make any more signings it's gravy. Also MacArthur has produced at pretty much the same clip as Alfredsson over the last 3 years with less ice-time and worse line-mates.

Just some food for thought.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
pretty sure Ottawa is done for the day, I wouldn't mind getting Penner and/or Brunner but only is they are cheap. Gonna be another year of letting the kids play.

Letting the kids play will not work next season like it did last season. With alfie gone, who is going to lead them, Philips? We are in trouble next season if this is the only signing. I am also hoping that alfie leaving does not send a message to the team that they are incapable of winning.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I have a hard time believing the Sens aren't going to lose a ton of season ticket holders if MacArthur is the only signing the do this offseason.

That will lose the team even more money.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
Letting the kids play will not work next season like it did last season. With alfie gone, who is going to lead them, Philips? We are in trouble next season if this is the only signing. I am also hoping that alfie leaving does not send a message to the team that they are incapable of winning.

i agree, I mentioned in previous posts that this year will finally be the year the Sens take a step back. Our division just got a whole lot tougher.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I don't understand cancelling your season tickets because Alfie left. Would you have done that if he retired?

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I don't understand cancelling your season tickets because Alfie left. Would you have done that if he retired?

They're angry he bailed on the franchise... or that the franchise bailed on him.

Retiring is nowhere near as contentious as a player abandoning 'your' team or management abandoning 'your' favorite player.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
They're angry he bailed on the franchise... or that the franchise bailed on him.

Retiring is nowhere near as contentious as a player abandoning 'your' team or management abandoning 'your' favorite player.

Understandable but I still don't agree with it. I'm a fan of both Alfie and the Sens. Will continue to support both.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa

It's not that he left, but how he left.

Instead of making intentions clear and leaving with dignity, we were all left at the altar with no explanation.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Time to trade. Please no old guys like iggy

Get me a Ryan Kane or perron

Flip_4

Mar 22, 2006
Ottawa
It's not that he left, but how he left.

Instead of making intentions clear and leaving with dignity, we were all left at the altar with no explanation.

But why cancel your season tickets because of the way Alfie left? I'm not cancelling mine and it would take a LOT more than this to make me cancel.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
As bad as the signing is, the Leafs will have a significantly better forward corps than us next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad