Speculation: 2013 Offseason: UFAs, Trades, What's Next? | Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I think the sens have enough money to sign another free agent. Remember, bm said that melynk gave him the green light to get a fa even if alfie resigned. Mac is probably taking the money that alfie would have gotten. I expect the sens to sign another free agent today.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
I think the sens have enough money to sign another free agent. Remember, bm said that melynk gave him the green light to get a fa even if alfie resigned. Mac is probably taking the money that alfie would have gotten. I expect the sens to sign another free agent today.

That same management was also telling us that Alfie re-signing was basically assured.

Topside

Jul 2, 2009
I hope they get Brunner, I guess. If they don't then this free agency goes from an F to an F- so whatever, no big deal.

Marty Straka

HFBoards Senior Citizen
Aug 11, 2009
Toronto, ON
I'd love Grabovski.. the guy is a warrior, competitor, and consistent 50-60pt 2nd line C.. he was just atrociously used by Carlyle and it's not the 1st time he's had issues with players... but we don't really need a Center.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Wanted Clarkson but not at this price. After seeing how much Clowe got, I knew Clarkson would be hitting the jackpot.

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
i can't believe some people want Grabo or Roy. Want nothing to do with either. Save the cap space for another year.

I agree in not signing "B" guys.

But we've just dumped Alfie and Gonchar and signed a player making less than both of them. Save space for what? Ottawa is going to struggle to sign it's own guys. We're not saving space for anyone of importance.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
So Clarkson is going to be making between $5.5 and $6mil as a 36 year old?

Huh. I thought he might get that term, OR that cap hit, but not both.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Well we better go and get one then cause our top6 looks extremly weak

Really? We lost Latendresse, Regin and Alfredsson

Regin and Latendresse are going to be easily replaced by Pageau and Conacher

MacArthur basically replace Alfie's production. Not the rest but well, a rebuild is a rebuild. Alfie "retired" from the Sens, was going to happen someday

7years..6M per year..glad we stayed out.

lol wow! I wanted Clarkson for 4.0 per, but 6.0, are they out of their mind?

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
I'm pretty sure Murray is done. if anything he would pick up another 3rd or 4th liner or 5-6 Dman. Sorry to say it, pains me too, but we know that's the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad