Speculation: 2013 Offseason Thread Part IV: Streit's rights to PHI for 2014 4th Rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
Hmmmm

That was last night

The context tweets around it are kind of important.

Evander Kane ‏@EKane9JETS 9h
For everyone asking why I don't care to watch or talk about the NHL playoffs. I'm not playing in them, I can't win this year, CONT:
So I don't care! Next year will be a different story! You can count on that.
I'm sick of sitting here at this time of the year not having a chance to win, not scoring goals, not winning games and not winning rounds.
It really pisses me off and I'm done with these kind of results. It's time to start winning and it's starting now.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Until Torres actually signs a contract to remain in SJ, he's an option.

The NHL is littered with players that state This is where I want to be only to sign somewhere else.

No tickie, no washie

good one... :sarcasm:

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Buff is consistently out of shape. Not sure why so many people want him...

Ruutu would be a good fit here. Very good skater. Very good hitter. Can add ~40 points. LW.

I wonder if, instead of amnestying him, they would just hold onto 1 million of his contract and trade him that way.

Buff is a beast of a man. 6'5" and 260-270lbs

cannon of a shot from the point AND is comfortable playing wing.

He would be a nice addition.

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC

Except the weight isn't from muscle, it's from fat. So the beast of a man part is kind of washed away.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Ruutu is a solid player.. and a bit chippy.. can put up 40 +.. he can throw them a bit if needed http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/90932
http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/39019 id love if he became a NY Ranger.. he can play wing and center.. this is a Sather type move.. get it done...

Yeah, he would fit, but not at 4.75. That's worse than Dubinsky's contract and we all thought he was overpaid.

~3-3.5 would be ideal.

I asked on the Avs board to see if McLeod would be available. The first response pretty much said "take him". I wonder if the Rangers could move Pyatt for him and play him on the 4th line. I think he would fit in well.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The context tweets around it are kind of important.

Ah sorry, I saw it elsewhere on the boards.

He is fat. He GAINED weight during the season 2 years ago. And it was like 20 lbs.

Except the weight isn't from muscle, it's from fat. So the beast of a man part is kind of washed away.

Exactly.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
ohhhh boy if Ruutu gets bought out by the Canes I would love if Sather signed him. Always loved Tuomo's game.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
So, Avs fans are pretty much okay with moving McLeod. LW/C. Tough, good along the boards. Good for 6~10 goals and 200 PIM's. I think he would fit in nicely on the 4th line LW. Gives some insurance at center as well with his versatility.

Maybe Bourque + Pyatt for McLeod?

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Byfuglien is fat, but he's also very strong. That being said, I'm not sure why people think a guy with a big shot is going to solve our problems.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Byfuglien is fat, but he's also very strong. That being said, I'm not sure why people think a guy with a big shot is going to solve our problems.

I think it'd help the PP slightly - thats about it. Del Zotto played the best hockey of his career with Kotalik to his left as a triggerman.

PavelBure9

Jul 31, 2007
Why is everyone showing lineups without Zucc? The guy is clearly a second line skilled player. He should be signed to a 2 year 3 mill contract to show his worth.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Yeah but Kotalik!......I mean, McCabe!.....

Crap, ya got me there....

I actually didn't mind McCabe here at all. The only Ranger since Leetch who could walk the blue line, and keep the puck in when it swings around the boards on the power play.

Why is everyone showing lineups without Zucc? The guy is clearly a second line skilled player. He should be signed to a 2 year 3 mill contract to show his worth.

Preach.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Alright, would anyone else do:

Pyatt + Bourque for McLeod + 6th '13?

I realize it's a minor move, but I would be much happier with McLeod than Pyatt and I don't feel Bourque will get a shot here. Send him back to play under Roy again like he did in the Q?

McLeod is @ 1.15 for 2 more years. Pyatt @ 1.55 for one more.

McLeod plays center or wing and will drop the gloves.

I would be much happier with that.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Alright, would anyone else do:

Pyatt + Bourque for McLeod + 6th '13?

I realize it's a minor move, but I would be much happier with McLeod than Pyatt and I don't feel Bourque will get a shot here. Send him back to play under Roy again like he did in the Q?

McLeod is @ 1.15 for 2 more years. Pyatt @ 1.55 for one more.

McLeod plays center or wing and will drop the gloves.

I would be much happier with that.

I'm on board with this but only if we bring Clowe back.

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Hagelin - Brassard - Callahan
Clowe - Lindberg/Miller/Boyle - Zucc
Nystrom - Boyle/Lindberg/Miller - McLeod

That's a deep team. That's a fourth line that would wreak havoc in the playoffs.

Leaves Asham/Haley out of a job though.

EDIT - And I forgot Dorsett. I always forget players when I'm speculating lines.

Last edited:

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Kreider - Stepan - Nash

That's a deep team. That's a fourth line that would wreak havoc in the playoffs.

...And what happens if when Miller/Lindberg aren't ready? Or we don't acquire Nystrom or McLeod? Suddenly, we're back to being very weak in the bottom 6.

In the top 6, what happens if Kreider continues to struggle? Or if that 2nd line cant consistently generate offense, which is a very real possibility.

Let me ask you a question - do you think that team could win a championship?

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
why does everybody like Jamie McBain so much? From what I've seen of him this year he was horrible...

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I support the concept of having a trigger man on the PP, but $5.5M is a lot to invest in a point shot.

Oh I definitely agree. In terms of performance scaled to salary, Byuf would be pretty worthless, just like Kotalik.

I just don't think we have anyone on this team that can pump a shot from beyond the circles, and its a real problem on the PP.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
...And what happens if when Miller/Lindberg aren't ready? Or we don't acquire Nystrom or McLeod? Suddenly, we're back to being very weak in the bottom 6.

In the top 6, what happens if Kreider continues to struggle? Or if that 2nd line cant consistently generate offense, which is a very real possibility.

Let me ask you a question - do you think that team could win a championship?

Valid questions. I don't think that's how the team looks come the season opener, it's just a scenario I threw out and I agree with your questions, they're the right things to be asking.

I still think DZ goes at the draft for a top-6 winger, so that bumps Kreider. However, I do think in a new system Kreider will absolutely excel. Torts was trying to make him Hagelin. Kreider is not Hagelin. Their only similarity is their speed, that's it.

Lindberg has been playing in a men's league since 09-10. If he comes to NA, which it is believed he will AFAIK, I think he will absolutely impress. His faceoff skill and two-way play alone might get him a shot to open the season on the Rangers third line. Of course this is a very optimistic view though.

I do think though that you would be hardpressed to find any team out there without a single concern.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'd try and trade Pyatt for McBain long before McLeod.

If a d-man is moved without one coming back, maybe. I don't think it would take Pyatt to get McBain though.

Kreider - Stepan - Nash

Not sure they would need Nystrom if they bring in McLeod, which would be nice. Move Pyatt and his salary and no need to bring in a UFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad