Speculation: 2013 Offseason Thread Part IV: Streit's rights to PHI for 2014 4th Rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
No clowe, too slow and extra 2nd it would cost = no.

if not Clowe, who?
They need size on top 9, Clowe would fit the bill.
Name somebody with his skillset you can get for a 2nd rd pick and at 3M for 3 years.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Ruutu possibly being bought out by Carolina is very interesting. Injury prone, but I would take him on a one year "show me" deal.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
let's just hold out and sign Dubi or Arty.

Wait, what, how?

Still a proponent of MacArthur.

Stålberg is also an intriguing option, he has been a consistently good ES scorer in his career scoring over 2.0 ESP/60 the past two seasons. He has however played easy minutes for Chicago, and doesn't play on the PP.

MacArthur should come cheaper as a cast-off from the Leafs than the guy from Chicago that will be on everyone's radar.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Re Byfuglien, I am not the biggest fan.

First of all, don't underestimate the positive impact Toby Enström have on him. Enström is really good at getting him into a shooting position and cover for him in many other areas.

Second of all, Byfuglien is a shooter and not much else. So was McCabe, Kotalik and someone like Souray. Those guys gives you a bomb from the blueline. In the right position, that bomb can result in a ton of goals pts. But those guys definitely don't make a PP.

Byfuglien would help our PP. Kotalik helped our PP. But Byfuglien would not help us 5 on 5 much offensively.

Third of all, Byfuglien got a ton of issues.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
if not Clowe, who?
They need size on top 9, Clowe would fit the bill.
Name somebody with his skillset you can get for a 2nd rd pick and at 3M for 3 years.

Yeah. I wouldn't give up on Clowe.

And lets not forget, Clowe is not a "35+ contract". If we give him 4 years and 3.75m per, and Clowe is "done" half way into next season, he goes on LTIR and stays there. It hurts us in the sense that (i) we don't got as much mobility on our summer cap and (ii) we will not save up money under the cap (this didn't change in the new CBA did it?).

But its not a Pronger in Philly type of situation where they gotta stay under the cap by the amount Pronger makes...

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Staal signed a 5 year deal when he wasn't arbitration eligible. The first season was worth $3.1M. The next 3 are between $3.675M-$3.875M and are arbitration years. The last is a group III year worth $5.45M. He was 4 years away from group III. McDonagh is 3 years away from group III and is arbitration eligible.

Group IIs have until July 5 to file for salary arbitration. Free agency opens at 12 noon on July 5 this year.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
Raffi Torres

hes not an option.. he has already said he wants to stay in SJ..

clowe is perfect for us, depending on term..

3yrs at 3.5-4 is perfect.. he still has a lot left in the tank..

if anything has taught us anything in these playoffs and previous.. you got to be tough and we loose him we're a soft team, with no gritt in top 9..
callahan is about the closest but hes not enough..

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Clowe-Brass- X (Eberle/ UFA horton/iginla 3yr deals)
Hags-Miller-Callahan

im open to trading DZ like everyone for young fwd... eberle would be ideal and fit in well with the team and on a line with brass..

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
I'm 100% for Clowe at 3y 3-3.5m. Players like him are hard to find and we need the physicality he brings with the realignment.

My only concern is sustained health.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I'm kind of banking on the fact that Clowe wants to stay here and he hinted he'll take a paycut. We need physicality in that top 6 and please no Horton. I'd LOVE him but he's got to be an absolute last resort guy, he's one head shot away from his career ending. And I hope Slats' has some ace up his sleeve with McD because I expect offer sheets to pour in for him, I can see a 7 year $50 mill offer sheet in Paul Holmgren's future, lol.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
If we re-sign Clowe, I want Pyatt gone (somehow). He probably has minor trade value. Sign Nystrom. Keep Asham around as a spare forward and give Haley a shot at a full-time roster spot.

Still a believer in very little roster turnover.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Re Byfuglien, I am not the biggest fan.

First of all, don't underestimate the positive impact Toby Enström have on him. Enström is really good at getting him into a shooting position and cover for him in many other areas.

Second of all, Byfuglien is a shooter and not much else. So was McCabe, Kotalik and someone like Souray. Those guys gives you a bomb from the blueline. In the right position, that bomb can result in a ton of goals pts. But those guys definitely don't make a PP.

Byfuglien would help our PP. Kotalik helped our PP. But Byfuglien would not help us 5 on 5 much offensively.

Third of all, Byfuglien got a ton of issues.

Buff is consistently out of shape. Not sure why so many people want him...

Ruutu possibly being bought out by Carolina is very interesting. Injury prone, but I would take him on a one year "show me" deal.

Ruutu would be a good fit here. Very good skater. Very good hitter. Can add ~40 points. LW.

I wonder if, instead of amnestying him, they would just hold onto 1 million of his contract and trade him that way.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Buff is consistently out of shape. Not sure why so many people want him...

Ruutu would be a good fit here. Very good skater. Very good hitter. Can add ~40 points. LW.

I wonder if, instead of amnestying him, they would just hold onto 1 million of his contract and trade him that way.

I know I don't understand why Buff is so wanted. He's lazy and plays awful defense, in addition to having a 5 mill cap hit :help:. He'd be hated by NYR fans in a month. I'd MUCH rather have Enstrom or Bogosian but those would never happen so.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I'm kind of banking on the fact that Clowe wants to stay here and he hinted he'll take a paycut. We need physicality in that top 6 and please no Horton. I'd LOVE him but he's got to be an absolute last resort guy, he's one head shot away from his career ending. And I hope Slats' has some ace up his sleeve with McD because I expect offer sheets to pour in for him, I can see a 7 year $50 mill offer sheet in Paul Holmgren's future, lol.

Clowe will only be here if he takes a paycut. 2-3 year deal at 3.5 million max.

If we re-sign Clowe, I want Pyatt gone (somehow). He probably has minor trade value. Sign Nystrom. Keep Asham around as a spare forward and give Haley a shot at a full-time roster spot.

Still a believer in very little roster turnover.

As am I. Upgrade the 3rd line center and 2nd line LW positions and we're in very solid shape. It's very likely that Miller or Lindberg will be ready for 3rd line minutes by the end of next season, but I would not be opposed to going out and getting Burmistrov as many have suggested here. Even if Miller or Lindberg push for minutes, Burmistrov can play LW, Miller can play either wing as well.

The 2nd line LW hole is a bit more tricky. If bought out, I wouldn't mind buying low on Tuomo Ruutu as I previously mentioned. Otherwise, it needs to be addressed by trade.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Ruutu-Brassard-Callahan
Hagelin-Lindberg/Miller-Clowe
Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett

Is a very deep forward corps. provided JT or Oscar are ready. Fast and Thomas are the first call ups.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Clowe will only be here if he takes a paycut. 2-3 year deal at 3.5 million max.

As am I. Upgrade the 3rd line center and 2nd line LW positions and we're in very solid shape. It's very likely that Miller or Lindberg will be ready for 3rd line minutes by the end of next season, but I would not be opposed to going out and getting Burmistrov as many have suggested here. Even if Miller or Lindberg push for minutes, Burmistrov can play LW, Miller can play either wing as well.

The 2nd line LW hole is a bit more tricky. If bought out, I wouldn't mind buying low on Tuomo Ruutu as I previously mentioned. Otherwise, it needs to be addressed by trade.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Ruutu-Brassard-Callahan
Hagelin-Lindberg/Miller-Clowe
Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett

Is a very deep forward corps. provided JT or Oscar are ready. Fast and Thomas are the first call ups.

If they can get Ruutu, I am fine walking away from Clowe.

Trade MDZ for Pajaarvi + EDM 1st?

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Ruutu-Brassard-Callahan
Paajarvi-Lindberg-Hagelin
NYSTROM-Boyle-Dorsett

The great thing here is that Dorsett is truly a 3rd line forward, not a 4th. Hagelin is a complimentary top-6er already as well.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Ruutu-Brassard-Callahan
NYSTROM-Boyle-Dorsett

The great thing here is that Dorsett is truly a 3rd line forward, not a 4th. Hagelin is a complimentary top-6er already as well.

I would think we would have to add to that MDZ deal. Regardless, we get faster and younger with MPS instead of Clowe. Lower cap hit too.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I would think we would have to add to that MDZ deal. Regardless, we get faster and younger with MPS instead of Clowe. Lower cap hit too.

MDZ + Boyle? Sign Gordon?

I agree they would probably have to add, not sure how much. Paajarvi would fit the team with the size and speed on the wings as well

Punxrocknyc19*

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Ruutu-Brassard-Callahan
NYSTROM-Boyle-Dorsett

Ruutu is a solid player.. and a bit chippy.. can put up 40 +.. he can throw them a bit if needed http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/90932
http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/39019 id love if he became a NY Ranger.. he can play wing and center.. this is a Sather type move.. get it done...

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
hes not an option.. he has already said he wants to stay in SJ..

clowe is perfect for us, depending on term..

3yrs at 3.5-4 is perfect.. he still has a lot left in the tank..

if anything has taught us anything in these playoffs and previous.. you got to be tough and we loose him we're a soft team, with no gritt in top 9..
callahan is about the closest but hes not enough..

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Clowe-Brass- X (Eberle/ UFA horton/iginla 3yr deals)
Hags-Miller-Callahan

im open to trading DZ like everyone for young fwd... eberle would be ideal and fit in well with the team and on a line with brass..

Until Torres actually signs a contract to remain in SJ, he's an option.

The NHL is littered with players that state This is where I want to be only to sign somewhere else.

No tickie, no washie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1