Speculation: 2013 Offseason Thread Part IV: SCF, end. Trades, begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Don't want Nystrom. We don't need more players who can't score.

Well that's just silly. He's not being brought in to score. He's being brought in for just about everything else. He is the perfect energy line player who can PK. He is a type of player this team needs, especially under AV.

Punxrocknyc19*

Well that's just silly. He's not being brought in to score. He's being brought in for just about everything else. He is the perfect energy line player who can PK. He is a type of player this team needs, especially under AV.

i hope he does not sign with the Islanders since his dad has history their... i hope he signs with NY Rangers but i bet a lot of teams will be after him..

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
So Lindberg was MVP in his league championship...........guy looks like a steal..........hes going to make us forget about losing Korpikoski to the Yotes maybe.

He could surprise and make the team in camp

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
A 6'0", 190 lb. center who has major success in the SEL is nothing to sneeze at. Should be getting a serious look at the NHL level.

Kris Chreider

Pass Off The Pads
Aug 17, 2012
NYC/Minneapolis
Tom Gilbert in Minnesota, his game went to hell this year but he's very good at starting a breakout which is why Minny acquired him last deadline. The Wild beat writer said it's likely he gets bought out. What if we moved Del Zotto and say a pick or Boyle for Coyle + Brodziak + Gilbert?

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Zuccarello-Brassard-Coyle
Hagelin-Brodziak-Callahan
Pyatt-Lindberg-Dorsett

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
Moore-Gilbert
Eminger

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
The same people will be saying Nystrom is a 3rd liner this year that were saying Pyatt was a 3rd liner after we signed him last year. I'm not saying they're the same players. I'm saying people forget what a 3rd liner actually should be.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Tom Gilbert in Minnesota, his game went to hell this year but he's very good at starting a breakout which is why Minny acquired him last deadline. The Wild beat writer said it's likely he gets bought out. What if we moved Del Zotto and say a pick or Boyle for Coyle + Brodziak + Gilbert?

Coyle... a top youngster in the Minnesota organization.
Brodziak... a middle-6 center, closer to 3rd line than 2nd
Gilbert... generally a top-4 defenseman

for

Del Zotto... a top-4 defenseman
Boyle... a 4th line center or a pick

What?

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

We have enough guys who can't score as it is on the bottom lines we don't need more. There's no rule that's says your third line must be made up of grinders incapable of scoring more than 30 pts. We already have Dorset Boyle Pyatt powe etc who all provide minimal bottom line offense. Asham also

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
We have enough guys who can't score as it is on the bottom lines we don't need more. There's no rule that's says your third line must be made up of grinders incapable of scoring more than 30 pts. We already have Dorset Boyle Pyatt powe etc who all provide minimal bottom line offense. Asham also

if Sather knows anything Asham and Powe wont be ranger regulars next year. Bottom line is the bottom 6 has to be rounded out with responsible, high energy players. Nystrom is an excellent 4th liner and would instantly make this team better. Plus Nystrom, Boyle and Dorsett can all pinch in 20-30 points a year, I don't know where you get that they aren't effect fourth liners.

Kershaw

The same people will be saying Nystrom is a 3rd liner this year that were saying Pyatt was a 3rd liner after we signed him last year. I'm not saying they're the same players. I'm saying people forget what a 3rd liner actually should be.

Yeah he was 4th in Dallas TOI/PG amongst LWers.

Sound a lot similar to the Pyatt signing, where a lot were misinformed that he was a solid 3rd line player when he averaged 4th line mins in Phoenix.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
if Sather knows anything Asham and Powe wont be ranger regulars next year. Bottom line is the bottom 6 has to be rounded out with responsible, high energy players. Nystrom is an excellent 4th liner and would instantly make this team better. Plus Nystrom, Boyle and Dorsett can all pinch in 20-30 points a year, I don't know where you get that they aren't effect fourth liners.

I didn't say they aren't. I said we already have a bunch of them and don't need any more.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

Dorsett could put up 20+ in a really great season, a la what we saw from Prust in 10-11. Most of the time though, he's a 15-20 point guy. Nothing wrong with that from your 4th line players, but we shouldn't expect so much.

Our problem is not the 4th liners we have on the team. Asham and Powe can be fine as 4th liners (provided that Powe isn't completely ruined by injuries at this point). Boyle, Pyatt and Dorsett. We have 5 4th liners for 3 spots. At the moment, supposing Richards gets bought out, we have one 3rd liner and he tends to find a way into the top-6 (Hagelin). We need 3rd liners.

I like Eric Nystrom a lot and would have no issue with signing him. However, the one, and only, roster issue he really addresses is the need for another PKer. Let's not pretend he'll make us all that much better as an ES team, though.

Rangers44*

AV loves Pyatt. Pyatt played a full season on the first line with the Sedin twins IIRC.

He loves Pyatt based on what? 1 season? Why didn't Pyatt re-sign with Canucks then instead of going to Coyotes?

Rangers44*

How about trading Staal and say Pyatt to Carolina for 5th overall and Murphy?

Any thoughts on the following UFAs:

Ryan Jones
Pierre-Cedric Labrie
Tyler Bozak
Brenden Morrow
Steve Begin
Kyle Chipchura
Blake Comeau
Alexei Ponikarovsky
Matt Handricks

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
How about trading Staal and say Pyatt to Carolina for 5th overall and Murphy?

Any thoughts on the following UFAs:

Ryan Jones
Pierre-Cedric Labrie
Tyler Bozak
Brenden Morrow
Steve Begin
Kyle Chipchura
Blake Comeau
Alexei Ponikarovsky
Matt Handricks

RJ-Possibly. Great depth guy.
PCL-No, kinda a pylon on skates.
TB-No, will be massively overpaid this summer.
BM-Maybe, if he's cheap I'd be ok with him being a depth signing.
SB-No, tbh I don't know much about him.
KC-Maybe, scrappy guy.
BC-Maybe, good PKer and physical.
AP-No, soft and inconsistent.
MH-No, good energy guy but scores nothing and never wins fights, and he's 32.

Last edited:

Rangers44*

RJ-Possibly. Great depth guy.
PCL-No, kinda a pylon on skates.
TB-No, will be massively overpaid this summer.
BM-Maybe, if he's cheap I'd be ok with him being a depth signing.
SB-No, tbh I don't know much about him.
KC-Maybe, scrappy guy.
BC-Maybe, good PKer and physical.
AP-No, soft and inconsistent.
MH-No, good energy guy but scores nothing and never wins fights, and he's 32.

I think I want some combination of Lapierre, Nystrom, Chipchura, Jones, and Morrow to replace the likes of Asham, Pyatt, Haley, Powe, Clowe, and Richards.

We need some serious grinders if we are to compete for a Cup. Asham has injury problem, Pyatt is really slow, Haley is nothing special, Powe and Clowe have concussion issues, Richards is no grinder.

Rangers44*

lines would be:

Zuccarello-Brassard-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-Callahan
Hagelin-Lindberg/Lapierre-Jones/Morrow
Chipchura/Nystrom-Boyle-Dorsett

I think it would be great and money/capwise very doable.

Waive or trade for minor draft picks Asham, Powe, and Pyatt. Buy out Richards. we could keep Haley around as 13th/14th forward in case we need someone to fight and he is dirt cheap.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Morrow seems to be losing his effectiveness rather quickly, old and slowing down. Not worth it unless its very cheap. As far as the rest of them, no thanks. Have guys currently on the roster or in the system that can add what they add for the most part.

Rangers44*

Morrow seems to be losing his effectiveness rather quickly, old and slowing down. Not worth it unless its very cheap. As far as the rest of them, no thanks. Have guys currently on the roster or in the system that can add what they add for the most part.

who do we currently have? Mashinter? Newbury? They are nowhere near the level of those UFAs. We have nobody in Hartford that would make a great 4th line grinder.

We need to sign some of these guys.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
All of the role players get 3 and 4 year contracts now. Handing out that type of contract is a big mistake. Many of the those players aren't upgrades over Boyle,Powe,Asham and Pyatt. Its just rearranging the deck charts. Its not worth it.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
All of the role players get 3 and 4 year contracts now. Handing out that type of contract is a big mistake. Many of the those players aren't upgrades over Boyle,Powe,Asham and Pyatt. Its just rearranging the deck charts. Its not worth it.

But that Cadillac in the neighbors driveway is sooooo waxed & shiny...

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
But that Cadillac in the neighbors driveway is sooooo waxed & shiny...

The free agent list sucks so bad. Two years ago,the entire league wanted Rupp. The Rangers gave him 3 years. Torts couldn't stop talking about Rupper. Rupper this. Rupper that. He was terrible. Rupp injured his knee in his first month with the Rangers. Sather was lucky to find a taker for him.

Bickell is a very good player but he will be ridiculously overpaid. Some team will give him the 7 years MAX as a free agent. He plays all over the place for Chicago. Top line. PP. Having an excellent playoff run. Goes up against the other big guys.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
The free agent list sucks so bad. Two years ago,the entire league wanted Rupp. The Rangers gave him 3 years. Torts couldn't stop talking about Rupper. Rupper this. Rupper that. He was terrible. Rupp injured his knee in his first month with the Rangers. Sather was lucky to find a taker for him.

Bickell is a very good player but he will be ridiculously overpaid. Some team will give him the 7 years MAX as a free agent. He plays all over the place for Chicago. Top line. PP. Having an excellent playoff run. Goes up against the other big guys.

No way in hell he sniffs a max contract

Kris Chreider

Pass Off The Pads
Aug 17, 2012
NYC/Minneapolis
Coyle... a top youngster in the Minnesota organization.
Brodziak... a middle-6 center, closer to 3rd line than 2nd
Gilbert... generally a top-4 defenseman

for

Del Zotto... a top-4 defenseman
Boyle... a 4th line center or a pick

What?

Gilbert is a likely buyout. Overpaid and did a whole lot of nothing this year on Minnesota's 3rd pairing. DZ for Coyle and Brodziak was already proposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad