Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Stoner's love bear claws

2011_ultimate_stoner_foods1.jpg

Grover

Jul 8, 2012
Minnesota
Have you guys checked the Minnesota Wild facebook page lately? I'm pretty sure Stoner is the most hated player in the NHL now lol

OpRedDawn*

>OMG HE SHOT THAT BEAR HOW BRUTAL
>Eats meat 20 times / week

Giant story out of nothing. It was legal. Yeah it's kind of douchey to not use the meat for other things (assuming I got that part of the story correct), and I'd personally never trophy hunt, but c'mon.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
I still don't understand how legal hunting is even a story. :shakehead

Doesn't matter if it's legal or illegal if it feels immoral. I hate hunting as a sport but I can understand that if you don't spend any time with animals you won't value them as much. I think people who are so mad at him are rather ignorant.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I'm not losing sleep over it. If he got it legally, then that's all there is to it. But I'll be honest and say that I'm not at all thrilled with what they did to it after killing it. Lost some respect for the guy, but will just leave it at that. Pretty sad that he's apparently better at hunting than covering the blueline.

I'm even more pissed off that it wasn't Nordy.

Last edited:

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Doesn't matter if it's legal or illegal if it feels immoral. I hate hunting as a sport but I can understand that if you don't spend any time with animals you won't value them as much. I think people who are so mad at him are rather ignorant.

Agreed. Trophy hunting is the stupidest form of hunting there is, but it's not like I was particularly fond of Stoner to begin with.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I didnt read the story. Is it fact that he didnt keep the meat?

Imo, theres nothing wrong with the trophy thing as long as he didnt let the rest of the animal go to waste.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I didnt read the story. Is it fact that he didnt keep the meat?

Imo, theres nothing wrong with the trophy thing as long as he didnt let the rest of the animal go to waste.

As far as I know, the story is this:

Stoner and three family/friends went hunting in British Columbia on land belonging to some people. The people(I want to say they're Native Americans, but I'm not sure) say it is illegal to hunt bears on their land. The Canadian government does not recognize the peoples' law as official and thus it is not actually illegal.

Stoner and his group killed the bear, as far as everybody knows humanely and with a single shot, cut off the bear's head and fur, and left the rest. They did not take any meat(I don't know why. Bear meat isn't the greatest but it's still pretty darn delicious) or bones other than the skull/head.

I could be wrong, but I read two news stories on it and they both had those facts I outlined above.

He could have definitely handled it better, could have definitely done better, but I can't believe people are wishing harm on the guy.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
The people that are angry are just a bunch of angry soccer moms with no knowledge of what actually happened. This **** happens all the time, and people have been trophy hunting for a few hundred years. It's life, get over it and grow up. We don't live in Willy Wonka's chocolate factory, and life will never be as pretty as some people want it to be.

I don't care at all about what Stoner did to be quite honest. Reality here.

122712_price.jpg

^ Cary Price.. people got pissed at him too for killing some deer. Are you serious? Where do people think most of their food comes from? Where their meat comes from? Animals have always been killed for our consumption. Welcome to the food chain.

I understand it's a grizzly, but from the picture it doesn't seem like it was wasted. People can be so stupid.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
I have no problem with people that eat what they kill, or someone eats it. I'm not a fan of people that just hunt to get a trophy for their wall. Also think with all the high powered rifles and scopes, hunting is becoming a little too easy. I saw a youtube video about a scope that factors in wind, distance and all that other stuff that affects a bullet, and just tells you where to shoot. Where's the challenge in that?

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
I saw a youtube video about a scope that factors in wind, distance and all that other stuff that affects a bullet, and just tells you where to shoot. Where's the challenge in that?

Because most people know there's a stigma associated with saying that their favorite hobby is killing things. So it's trophy hunting.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
While black bear meat is pretty greasy, it is pretty good overall. I've had it a couple dozen times.

While not personally having tried it, all I've ever heard about Grizzly meat and Kodiak meat on the other hand, is that it is not good at all.

Also the number of bears in the providence that Stoner shot the bear in was quoted as over 150,000 bears, so there are PLENTY of bears left for all of you tree huggers to go out and handfeed and pet, and name sally and bubba, and then be eaten by.

I also find it funny to read some of the posts from you Urban dwelling folks, who complain about hunting, while you eat your steak, while wearing leather shoes and sleep under a down comforter.

And to MNWILDFAN001, if you really think hunting is that easy, then I've got a bunch of ocean front property to sell you in Iowa.

Killerinstinct

Dec 19, 2012
Yeo should put Granlund winger, he can´t play center in NHL. Maybe even he doesn´t have the potential to play in NHL at all though.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Yeo should put Granlund winger, he can´t play center in NHL. Maybe even he doesn´t have the potential to play in NHL at all though.

Granlund can be an effective NHL center - he just needs to adjust.

And Granlund has easily 50 points /year potential, so I'm not going to touch the last part of your sentence.

Killerinstinct

Dec 19, 2012
Granlund can be an effective NHL center - he just needs to adjust.

And Granlund has easily 50 points /year potential, so I'm not going to touch the last part of your sentence.

He have now had one season to adjust. If next season is as bad as last season he will play in KHL rest of his career.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
He have now had one season to adjust. If next season is as bad as last season he will play in KHL rest of his career.

He had one shortened season without training camp and he got injured.

He will be fine. Not every prospect becomes a beast right away. We Finns have a tendency of over reacting - which is exactly what it seems you're doing right now.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012

Yes because Finns always fail at everything and there will never be other chances and we're doomed to be a nation of failure forever. No reason to believe in Granlund or anyone else. Let's just dig a hole, crawl into it and stay there until the world ends. I would sincerely hope that the kid himself and the people around him have more faith and patience than you, or else we might as well do as I suggested. Here's a fact for you: Granlund has TWO years of his ELC left and he's absolutely not going anywhere until that ends, regardless of what happens next season. And it's far from guaranteed that he will be going anywhere even after that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad