Speculation: 2013 NHL Trade Deadline Thread (CBJ deadline discussion here)

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I really wanted to keep Moore and really really liked Dorsett. And I've been ambivalent about Gaborik's performance of late.

He damn well better be worth it, is all I can say.

Pure skill, he is better than anything we've seen in a Jackets uniform. This is a very interesting experiment, but I will now be at every Jackets game the rest of the year and will renew my tickets for next year.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
WTF

Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl 26s
Blake Comeau traded to #CBJ for 5th round pick #TradeCentre
Retweeted by Aaron Portzline

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
When can he get here?! (gaborik)

In a matter of hours if he so desires. I assume we'll have him run through his physical in the morning. I would expect him in tomorrows game. Instead of playing against Pitt, he'll probably be on a plane. I'd laugh if we sent Stinger 1 to fetch him, unless the team is leaving for Nashville tonight for some reason (or already down there).

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Haven't felt this way at a deadline in awhile.

I would feel better about it if Gaborik were signed for longer, so if he signs an extension at some point, I think I can like it.

right now though...man, it's very tough to swallow.

Happy to have Leighton. Wanted CBJ to pursue him last summer or the summer before. I know he has health issues, but he could be a good backup/spot starter, IMO.

Of all the pieces leaving, Moore is the one that hurts the most with Dorsett a close second. Brassard, Mason - you knew they were going and probably needed to go.

It will be interesting to see how this affects the team.

RickS

Sep 19, 2005
He sounded pissed when he was interviewed by TSN

Besides figuring he'd be a lifetime Jacket, I know he was looking to buy a house. Sat next to his table at Bob Evans when he was with his realtor a couple weeks ago. Hopefully, he hasn't put down the downpayment. Plus, just the feeling of not being wanted.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Btw, Bob may have been onto something with the "Canada doesn't respect Columbus thing." Kekalainen (the most active GM of the day by far) got cut off for a press conference of a player who didn't even get traded. :shakehead

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
In a matter of hours if he so desires. I assume we'll have him run through his physical in the morning. I would expect him in tomorrows game. Instead of playing against Pitt, he'll probably be on a plane. I'd laugh if we sent Stinger 1 to fetch him, unless the team is leaving for Nashville tonight for some reason (or already down there).

That's what their doing. JD is flying out to pick him up and bring him to Nashville.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Btw, Bob may have been onto something with the "Canada doesn't respect Columbus thing." Kekalainen (the most active GM of the day by far) got cut off for a press conference of a player who didn't even get traded. :shakehead

And in mid sentence too. It was quite a slap in the face.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Well, it appears the CBJ were buyers today... There is little time for new player chemistry to percolate, I hope Gabby plays tomorrow and hope he has a good game.. If Richards can keep the team playing defensively as well as he has for most of the season the last few games should be quite the ride... Gotta hope the teams other than us fighting for the 8th seed lose a few in the next few days..

CapnCornelius

Oct 28, 2006
Well, it appears the CBJ were buyers today... There is little time for new player chemistry to percolate, I hope Gabby plays tomorrow and hope he has a good game.. If Richards can keep the team playing defensively as well as he has for most of the season the last few games should be quite the ride... Gotta hope the teams other than us fighting for the 8th seed lose a few in the next few days..

Chemistry will be just fine. Gabby was playing with half of these guys less than 12 months ago.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
And we go into tomorrow night's game with Aucoin still a Jacket! :laugh:

The "What will Jarmo do next?" thread should be deleted :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad