2013 NHL Re-Draft

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
Hindsight over the past four years obviously influences the vote. Drafting a player who becomes a top D man high in the draft seems to more of a gamble but has a way higher payoff given how hard they are to find (relative to C/F). It does sting that the Avs certainly needed a top D man at the time. Coupling that with the fallout loss of Stastny and O'Reilly makes it even worse, assuming one/both would have stayed had we drafted Jones.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
If I'm fully jumping into the hindsight game...

We should have drafted MacKinnon #1, and traded Duchene to Nashville the moment Jones slipped to 4th O/A.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
If I'm fully jumping into the hindsight game...

We should have drafted MacKinnon #1, and traded Duchene to Nashville the moment Jones slipped to 4th O/A.

In a perfect world I'd rather trade Duchene to Nashville for Jones before the Johansen deal went down, let him get some of that magical Nashville defense development first :laugh:

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Not sure why Monahan isnt in the poll as I think he's been the best player from that draft class so far but I'd still take Mackinnon long term

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
In a perfect world I'd rather trade Duchene to Nashville for Jones before the Johansen deal went down, let him get some of that magical Nashville defense development first :laugh:

Exactly this.

Had Jones not been drafted by the best team at developing defensemen, and instead by the worst team at doing so, then who knows how good he would be today. I'm guessing it wouldn't have gone so well.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I love Mackinnon. I spend/spent tons of money on Mackinnon stuff since his draft day....but its Seth Jones. Hes not as sexy as Mackinnon but having him on the blueline right now would be sexy. This is why we must get a very very good pivot for Matt Duchene. They cant **** this up.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I really can't understand all the votes for Barkov. I know MacK hasn't taken the "next step", but neither has Barkov, and MacK's ceiling remains much higher.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I really can't understand all the votes for Barkov. I know MacK hasn't taken the "next step", but neither has Barkov, and MacK's ceiling remains much higher.

Its a toss up for me between Mack and BArkov at this point in their careers. You can make compelling cases for either guy but to say Barkov is way ahead of the class is laughable. Im actually shocked the guy with the most goals from that class isnt even on the list. If there were more than 6 Flame fans on this forum im sure they be pissed off Monahan got snubbed.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Mack then and Mack now for me, but I have a serious man crush on Jones. I really hope those rumors of Nashville offering Jones to us first for Duchene before going to Columbus are untrue. Especially seeing how Duchene's time with the Avs ended.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Mack was ranked #1 on most lists, it wasn't a Roy thing they just picked the BPA.

Mack was the most talented guy of his draft class, he's only 21 and can still become the best player of his class. So him.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Mack was ranked #1 on most lists, it wasn't a Roy thing they just picked the BPA.

Mack was the most talented guy of his draft class, he's only 21 and can still become the best player of his class. So him.

That's highly debatable... just as it was at the time of the draft.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
MacKinnon developed by a competent team is a scarier thought than Jones developed by the Avs.

PepsiCenterMagic

Food is Great
Jul 17, 2013
I go with MacKinnon. When I watch him play, sometimes I get this special feeling that he will one day turn on the "elite" switch, and never turn it off. He has it on sometimes, when he rushed down the ice, makes that incredible pass, etc.

Some games he can really take over with his will. There is still 8-10 good prime years in him.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Wanted Mackinnon at the time. Wish it was Jones now. Mack is 2nd though. Still expect him to be better than Barkov.

detrude

(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻
Apr 23, 2007

The offer was apparently on the table and Sakic wavered.

Wanted MacKinnon at the draft, wish it was Jones now. Wish even more that Sakic took that deal.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I wanted Seth Jones then, so I'll say Jones. Not that I'm unhappy with MacKinnon by any means.

I wanted Jones then and I still want Jones now. However, would Jones be the same if he developed under our organization compared to going from Nashville to Columbus? Definitely a "what if" situation, but I don't know if he would've been this good as he's showing as a Blue Jacket. Overall, I picked Nathan because I still have some faith in MacKinnon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad