1st Round
3rd Round
4th Round
5th Round
6th Round
7th Round

Seeding [Updated May 12, bolded is the current selection]
Currently we pick 25th overall.

However if one of Anaheim, Pittsburgh or Chicago lose before the 3rd round then we pick 24th overall.

If two of the three teams listed above lose before the 3rd round then we pick 23rd overall.

If all three teams lose before the 3rd round then we pick 22nd overall.​

Sources:
Bob's Mid-season Rankings [January 2013] : http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=9840
Craig Button's Monthly Rankings: http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=49649
McKeens Hockey: http://www.mckeenshockey.com/draft/
CSS Mid Season Rankings: http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm
ISS Rankings: http://www.isshockey.com/
The Hockey Writers: http://thehockeywriters.com/category/nhl-entry-draft-2/

Previous Thread:
Draft Talk I: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1264589

Last edited:

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
He's been pretty average for the 2nd half of the year + playoffs.

His team did not make the playoffs :huh:

He did slow down offensively after he chipped a bone in his hand, he missed some games. But still lead his team in points, 2nd in points per game, 3rd in goals, while being on the worst team in the east as a defenseman.

What i was hoping for was a specific aspect of his game that is a concern.

WestleySnipez

Christmas came early
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver. Duh.
I say we draft Drouin, he's been amazing in my NHL 13 GM Mode, 90 overall, 40 goal scorer!

In all seriousness though, I'm hoping we get the 30th pick, so we pick someone like Nicholas Petan, he's done great this season, hometown boy (Delta), and he could be another Hodgson. could

maxell91

B.O.B.
Feb 22, 2012
Delta, BC
I'm thinking the canucks will probably just miss out on lazar. He's likely a top 20 pick depending on how well he plays during the whl playoffs. What do you guys think about kerby rychel? He's ranked anywhere from 15-30 depending on the source. His stats, highlights, and scouting reports are all pretty impressive.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
I think the Canucks will targeting a center more than a d-men or winger......maybe we could trade up with Columbus lowest 1st round pick (kings/Rangers?) to get what we want

arsmaster*

I don't think that's an easy decision. Certainly a tough decision for me.

What are your concerns with Pulock?

Lacks the wow factor, and I'd say he doesn't play the body as much as I'd like, especially from a guy who's more mature physically than his peers.

Plus I'm a huge Lazar fan. To be fair, I think he and Pulock are both top 15 picks.

Our need is at forward, especially a versatile one like Lazar (who could very well be our new Higgins in a couple years), so it's more of a BPA decision + positional need.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I think if Lazar is on the board when we pick, we have to take him.

But if he's not, a guy I'd like us to look at is Ryan Hartman of the Plymouth Whalers. He's a super gritty winger with some scoring touch (60pts in 56 games in first OHL season).

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I think if Lazar is on the board when we pick, we have to take him.

But if he's not, a guy I'd like us to look at is Ryan Hartman of the Plymouth Whalers. He's a super gritty winger with some scoring touch (60pts in 56 games in first OHL season).

I've advocated taking Hartman on here before, but the response was mixed. Same with Dickinson I guess. I'd like to see some lists on here of 10 candidates that are likely to be available at our position (say mid 20s). Meaning, no Lazar or Horvat. And then see what people value and in what order. Something like this (in no particular order yet):

1. Lehkonen
2. Klimchuk
3. Zykov
4. De La Rose
5. Hagg
6. Hartman
7. Dickinson
8. Rychel
9. Mueller
10. Petan

And another with a list of players that are all but guaranteed to go before 20, like Erne, Lazar and Horvat. It would really narrow down the choices, and the fallers would be easier to spot as the draft progresses.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Didn't like Hartman before, watched him once in the playoffs and I still don't like him. :laugh: Purely looking at what he's doing compared to other guys in our range, 3 points in 4 games on a team that scored 24 goals is really poor. Just not a fan of a guy that size playing that style.

I'm still really high on Zykov. I think he has all the right qualities to succeed and his skating has been improving as the season has gone along. 6'1", 215lbs guy that has the Russian skill and an amazing shot but plays tough, battles in the corners, goes all out every shift and covers all three zones well.

Last I checked Max Domi was in between 20-30 on all lists so that's a guy I'm also interested in.

Last edited:

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Didn't like Hartman before, watched him once in the playoffs and I still don't like him. :laugh: Purely looking at what he's doing compared to other guys in our range, 3 points in 4 games on a team that scored 24 goals is really poor. Just not a fan of a guy that size playing that style.

I'm still really high on Zykov. I think he has all the right qualities to succeed and his skating has been improving as the season has gone along. 6'1", 215lbs guy that has the Russian skill and an amazing shot but plays tough, battles in the corners, goes all out every shift and covers all three zones well.

Last I checked Max Domi was in between 20-30 on all lists so that's a guy I'm also interested in.

Very good points about Hartman.

As for Zykov, I like him a lot too. I just dont see him falling to us.

arsmaster*

I've come around a bit.

I like Zykov quite a lot now too. Power forward. Really strong on the puck, fits the 'heavy' mantra I've been touting.

The upside is there.

Looking at that list of 10 from Bleach Clean, you'd have to go with Zykov there IMO.

I'm hoping Gauthier, Mantha, Hartman and Rychel all go before we pick. I know the least about Lehkonen, so I want to make a call on him, but I don't think he'd be my favourite choice between 22-30.

I think I'm going to have to make a top 60 list of my own soon.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
What's the scouting report on Lazar? A locally grown product would be nice, but I've read very little about him (usually start researching prospects and the draft after the season ends)

arsmaster*

What's the scouting report on Lazar? A locally grown product would be nice, but I've read very little about him (usually start researching prospects and the draft after the season ends)

Right handed, one shot scorer, hard worker, BC kid, excellent two way player, Canucks fan...

Not very much not to like, can play C or RW, very heavy shot. Plays the net front on the PP (he'd have more assists if they didn't play him there), captain material.

Enthusiastic, loves the game, always smiling.

I think at worst he becomes a high level #3C, possibly a #2C, but could very easily find his way on a 1st line as the RW.

Played on a line with Drouin and Mackinnon at the Hlinka...complimented their elite skills perfectly.

If we don't get him, as long as he doesn't end up in Toronto, Boston, Chicago, or Edmonton I could live with it....preferably out of our division too. I don't want to ever have to hate him.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
His team did not make the playoffs :huh:

He did slow down offensively after he chipped a bone in his hand, he missed some games. But still lead his team in points, 2nd in points per game, 3rd in goals, while being on the worst team in the east as a defenseman.

What i was hoping for was a specific aspect of his game that is a concern.

That was what I meant, the Wheat Kings we're supposed to be playoff contenders, but didn't make it and Pulocks play was part of it.

Probably should've expanded on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad