GDT: 2013 NHL Entry Draft–Sun Jun 30–3:00PM ET–NBCSN,TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I don't think your response is in the same context to the post I originally replied too.

StruckBPC talked about trading our new found defensive depth for help at forward...

my response is that we are deep in young forward talent/prospects, so depleting our blueline for anything other than an elite young forward makes little sense.

essentially, we shouldn't trade Myers or Pysyk for more Grigorenkos and Armias.

make sense?

True. Thanks for the clarification.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I'm curious how long it will take for people to have this reaction regarding McBain... in relation to Sulzer...

4gyyvm.jpg

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hamilton interview this morning: Devine said Nichushkin was too much of a flight risk to invest that pick in. They've been burned before, not willing to go there again.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
When relying so much on the draft as Buffalo has to right now, they had to be sure and Nichushkin is too much of a gamble.

Also, stocking up on D-men now might work out in the ultimate timeline. They can draft FWs later that will develop faster, or just add through UFA to put the final pieces in place. Meanwhile, I'll hope Monahan and Lindholm tank to make me feel better...lol.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Burned before? by who?

He didn't say. Maybe Fabry, Gogulla or Zagrapan? Not sure -- those were his words and those three guys all either didn't come over or stayed relatively briefly before bolting back home.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
He didn't say. Maybe Fabry, Gogulla or Zagrapan? Not sure -- those were his words and those three guys all either didn't come over or stayed relatively briefly before bolting back home.

Zagrapan was the only one that made sense (1st rounder).... but he was over here for 3 years, without getting a single sniff of the NHL... so it's not really a surprise he left...

The comment, "we got burned before".... seems a little overly dramatic (but im glad they felt that way... i didnt want anything to do with valeri nichushkin)

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Hamilton interview this morning: Devine said Nichushkin was too much of a flight risk to invest that pick in. They've been burned before, not willing to go there again.

Sounded like they weren't thrilled with Nichushkin's attitude either. Not willing to take his lumps in the AHL to become an NHLer. Obviously, as a player, there's an advantage to playing in the KHL over the AHL ($$$), but no NHL team wants to hear a kid say "NHL or I'm going home" with how rapidly the KHL is growing.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
They're talking about Miller for Strome. :biglaugh:

Ok, Howard did just say that he has no memory of any #1 goalie ever going to a playoff team at the deadline. At least he's mildly paying attention to that.

Roloson. Traded to Edmonton at the deadline, traded to the Lightning mid-season (think it was a bit before the deadline though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad