2013 NHL Draft Talk Part 4: Flyers own the 11th overall pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I'm not totally against trading Coburn, if we were to trade him I would want a roster player coming back or one close to making the jump and preferably a defensemen but if I were to trade him for futures I rather set the bar a little higher than two 2nd's. I honestly think we could get a late 1st and a pretty good to decent prospect for Coburn if we were to deal him for futures.

You are correct. I can easily (and i do mean easily) see a team trading their first (around 20) and a decent to goodish prospect for him. He is worth that much also

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
You are correct. I can easily (and i do mean easily) see a team trading their first (around 20) and a decent to goodish prospect for him. He is worth that much also

Here's something I would look for:

Coburn to Toronto for the 21st and Percy or Biggs.

or

Coburn to Montreal for the 25th and Beaulieu or Tinordi.

Now they might be over-payments and unlikely but I'm not moving Coburn unless an over-payment is made. Unlike most on here I don't see the absolute need to move Coburn right away.

Last edited:

FanHabtic*

Here's something I would look for:

Coburn to Toronto for the 21st and Percy or Biggs.

or

Coburn to Montreal for the 25th and Beaulieu or Tinordi.

Now they might be over-payments and unlikely but I'm not moving Coburn unless an over-payment is made. Unlike most on here I don't see the absolute need to move Coburn right away.

That is a ridiculous overpayment. Habs would laugh at that - especially considering thar Tinordi will br a main staple on the backend next season. Beaulieu would be ideal for Philly but i don't see anything you would be willing to give up to acquire him.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That is a ridiculous overpayment. Habs would laugh at that - especially considering thar Tinordi will br a main staple on the backend next season. Beaulieu would be ideal for Philly but i don't see anything you would be willing to give up to acquire him.

Hence why I said its unlikely and why I wouldn't move Coburn right now unless an over-payment. I was using Montreal and Toronto as examples because they're the teams I see often associated with Coburn on the trades board.

FanHabtic*

Hence why I said its unlikely and why I wouldn't move Coburn right now unless an over-payment.

I could see the Oilers willing to overpay for Coburn. The Habs are set on D with Tinordi and Beaulieu in the pipe (amongst others). They may look for a stop gap like douglas murray if they feel the need to add more size.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I could see the oilers interested in Coburn too, but there's no really anything of Edmontons that I'd want that would be a realistic return for Coburn. Only thing if really want from edm would be their 1st, and I doubt they'd do that.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I could see the oilers interested in Coburn too, but there's no really anything of Edmontons that I'd want that would be a realistic return for Coburn. Only thing if really want from edm would be their 1st, and I doubt they'd do that.

I'd be fine with Martin Marcinin and a second for Coburn. Marcinin is also a big defenseman who can skate, but has excellent offensive potential. He's also strong defensively. He's young (just turned 21 back in February) and could stand to add a few pounds (he's 6'4, but weighs only 187 pounds).

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I can't find the tweet but someone retweeted a reporter saying that the general feeling amongst scouts is that Samuel Morin will get selected a lot higher than expected.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
was this guy

Brendan Ross ‏@RossyYoungblood 31 May
Chatter around the draft world is that Samuel Morin is going to be drafted much higher than people think. Teams love him. #2013NHLDraft

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I can't find the tweet but someone retweeted a reporter saying that the general feeling amongst scouts is that Samuel Morin will get selected a lot higher than expected.

Dont know how id feel drafting a 6'7 pure defensive defender woth no offensive upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad