2013 NHL Draft Talk Part 4: Flyers own the 11th overall pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
To my eye... and I'm certainly no scout... I don't see how you'd project Zadorov to be significantly better offensively than Morin. Zadorov is more physically developed and played for a more storied Juniors program. Offensive development just seems like a complete projection (like picking goalies) for both players. Sure there are tools that you see on occasion, but how you speculate that that leads to 20 points a season or more in the NHL? No clue how you'd say that.

By way of comparison, Nurse was vastly more productive and it's still speculated whether his offense will project well in the NHL. There's really no conversion to speculate about with Zadorov or Morin. Not saying it can't be there, but the Flyers scouts would be putting themselves out on a larger limb than most picks with either of those guys at 11 imo.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
To my eye... and I'm certainly no scout... I don't see how you'd project Zadorov to be significantly better offensively than Morin. Zadorov is more physically developed and played for a more storied Juniors program. Offensive development just seems like a complete projection (like picking goalies) for both players. Sure there are tools that you see on occasion, but how you speculate that that leads to 20 points a season or more in the NHL? No clue how you'd say that.

By way of comparison, Nurse was vastly more productive and it's still speculated whether his offense will project well in the NHL. There's really no conversion to speculate about with Zadorov or Morin. Not saying it can't be there, but the Flyers scouts would be putting themselves out on a larger limb than most picks with either of those guys at 11 imo.

True, just seeing the little I've seen of them though, Zad just seems to have more skill. He's got slick hands for a d-man his size. I don't know but Morin is projected from anywhere from 15ish to early second round, not unlike Poluck. You soldom see a ranking or mock draft with Zadorov outside of the 15. That may be based only on his defensive and physical edge over Morin at this point but I think others see he's got good tools to work with tool. At this point though no one really knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad