2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
It means they're buying extra time... Is it specifically his 6th game kills the contract? They could keep him up another 3-5 practices to make a choice. See how quick Henrique gets into form? I don't even know anymore.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

Lamoriello on Matteau: "“He will not be going back immediately and we’re not going to let his contract status get in the way."

What does that even mean haha...

8ball.jpg

It means he's not getting sent down, but he's not going to play either. :laugh:

KohoDonuts88

Sep 6, 2006
New Brunswick
It's his 6th game played that locks in the contract year. Nothing stopping him from sticking around for another couple of days. Typical Lou, he's not going to let a deadline get in his way of making a decision.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
It means they're buying extra time... Is it specifically his 6th game kills the contract? They could keep him up another 3-5 practices to make a choice. See how quick Henrique gets into form? I don't even know anymore.

O crap I didn't even think about that.

If it's just his 6th game played then they could use that spot from Janssen and sign Darche and just scratch Matteau until Henrique can play.

Pretty clever, and pretty odd if true.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Lamoriello said Janssen was placed on waivers to create roster flexibility and Henrique is now day to day. Those 2 players seem connected.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
What's the window on sending Cam down after clearing waivers? A day, a week?

Definitely adds flexibility the longer that window is.

Rob Nieds work ethic

Swarm it up Devils!
Aug 17, 2007

Lamoriello on Matteau: "“He will not be going back immediately and we’re not going to let his contract status get in the way."

What does that even mean haha...

He's staying, and he's contract status is not an obstacle, they'll sacrifice one year of it.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Wow so if Matteau can't play and Henrique is still working his way back in, then Janssen and Barch both have to play tomorrow unless you dress 7 D.

Goodness gracious.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Don't be shocked to see Harrold on the wing...

If they are really going to do that and leave Darche unsigned then you have to play Harrold, Janssen, or Larsson with Barch. Definitely don't like the way that looks. If that persists into the weekend it is going to be ugly.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Jesse Spector ‏@jessespector
What options are there other than "play" or "not play?" Are the Devils going to launch Matteau into space? That would still be "not play."

:laugh::laugh: Funny Spector. Very Funny

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Jesse Spector ‏@jessespector
What options are there other than "play" or "not play?" Are the Devils going to launch Matteau into space? That would still be "not play."

:laugh::laugh:

Guessing Lou keeps him around until he sees if he can make a trade for a forward or not. If he can make a deal then Stef goes back...if he can't then Stef likely stays. I think the team would rather burn a yr of Matteau's deal than sign Darche TBH

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Guessing Lou keeps him around until he sees if he can make a trade for a forward or not. If he can make a deal then Stef goes back...if he can't then Stef likely stays. I think the team would rather burn a yr of Matteau's deal than sign Darche TBH

I think Matteau played his best game yesterday soo far. Didnt score but looked really good

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I'm pretty impartial of Mytoe this season either way. He should be a 3rd liner or so and probably won't make a whole ton of impact. Difference is Darche wouldn't either but a trade would bump players down and allow Clarkson/Zubrus to.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
I think Matteau played his best game yesterday soo far. Didnt score but looked really good

Matteau has played 8:28 a game. I see no reason why you burn a year of contract for a player that can't play significant minutes for the team.

Richer 44

Jan 15, 2009
Whitehouse, NJ

I don't disagree but he really hasn't contributed much overall and itsn't worthy of taking up time with Zajac and Kovy. We need someone in that role that is going to contribute and fast. Henrique will be a welcome addition for sure but I just don't see it being worth it to keep the kid up for 8 min a game.

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida
Let's not forget that Matteau is 18, has only been with the team for a little over 2 weeks, is playing in a new system and in the NHL for the first time. Considering the circumstances he's done a pretty good job. He's only going to get better if they decide to keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad