Condra - Smith - O'Brien
x-Daugavins

Methot - Karlsson
Lundin - Gonchar
Phillips - Wiercioch
x-?

Anderson
Bishop

Something like this. I'd be surprised if Benoit gets called up. I think we'd sooner dip into UFA after amnesty buy-outs, or try and acquire a veteran via trade to fill in for Cowen.
The bottom-6 forwards are going to depend on where we slot Regin into the lineup. I think the top-6 would largely be set with Michalek-Spezza and Turris-Alfredsson as linemates.

I like it.

But I thought the buy outs were after the season?

Benoit could be the #7. I could see Phillips - Gonchar staying together too, especially if the team is pushing for the playoffs.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Michalek - Spezza - Silfverberg
Latendresse - Turris - Alfredsson
Greening - Regin - Neil
Condra - Smith - O'Brien
x-Daugavins

Methot - Karlsson
Lundin - Gonchar
Phillips - Wiercioch
x-?

Anderson
Bishop

Something like this. I'd be surprised if Benoit gets called up. I think we'd sooner dip into UFA after amnesty buy-outs, or try and acquire a veteran via trade to fill in for Cowen.
The bottom-6 forwards are going to depend on where we slot Regin into the lineup. I think the top-6 would largely be set with Michalek-Spezza and Turris-Alfredsson as linemates.

Spot on. I predict the same.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I think Guilluame or whatever you spell it will replace Greening on line one. Speaking of which, does he have a nickname? I cant stand having to spell check his name everytime.

Latendresse - Spezza - Michalek
Silfverberg - Turris - Alfie
Greening - Smith - Neil
Regin- Obrien - Condra (switch wings on 4th line if you want. regin needs to prove himself again he can bring what he did in those few games last year.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
I've seen a bunch of creative ones for Latendresse, most of them are negative. Gets-undressed, Lat-in-dress, etc.

I've seen Minny fans call him the Big Bear. Although, knowing hockey players, I'd imagine his nickname is Lats.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
I think they have to go really big if its a shortened season. It might help our vets a fair bit. Alfie and Gonch will look pretty good in the playoffs after a 4X game season.

If Murray can get us a #3-4 D man and a top 6 winger (you know, the same top 6 winger that every team wants all the time) we could make noise. With a fair bit of luck maybe Alfie can retire on top.

John Holmes*

I'm surprised that nobody has Lehner in their lineups.

I think he'll be the backup, and I think he'll see plenty of playing time as well.

Assuming the 48 game season happens, there are going to be a lot of games jammed in to a pretty short time. You'll need two goalies that can play to stay in the hunt.

Bishop sucks. Lehner is the better goalie, I think he's probably ready to challenge Andy right now.

Remaining in the AHL does nothing for Lehner.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
I'm surprised that nobody has Lehner in their lineups.

I think he'll be the backup, and I think he'll see plenty of playing time as well.

Assuming the 48 game season happens, there are going to be a lot of games jammed in to a pretty short time. You'll need two goalies that can play to stay in the hunt.

Bishop sucks. Lehner is the better goalie, I think he's probably ready to challenge Andy right now.

Remaining in the AHL does nothing for Lehner.

i think bishop is the kind of goalie that needs to play a bunch of games in a row to play well. when lehner was injured this season and bish had to play a few games in a row, he played very well. after lehner came back and he was benched for a bit, his next game sucked. i think he might have played another after that crap game and wasn't very good either.

i do agree that lehner is ready to play in the nhl, but not to challenge andy. he's ready for backup duty. there are probably some things that he still has to learn before we can say he's ready to challenge for a starting job in the nhl. not sure what, since i'm not a goalie, but just facing the higher level of competition, the higher pressure, keeping his cool, communicating with the defense, things like that.

John Holmes*

I am very happy with Andy as the #1, but I think it's pretty clear that Lehner's got a higher upside than Andy does.

The things you listed will come with experience. When I said that I think he is probably ready to challenge Andy now, I am speaking about his skill level.

Undoubtedly he will start as a backup, but you never know. Injuries happen. Maybe Andy decides to make chicken again...who knows?

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
I am very happy with Andy as the #1, but I think it's pretty clear that Lehner's got a higher upside than Andy does.

The things you listed will come with experience. When I said that I think he is probably ready to challenge Andy now, I am speaking about his skill level.

Undoubtedly he will start as a backup, but you never know. Injuries happen. Maybe Andy decides to make chicken again...who knows?

yup, lehner will probably end up better than andy. i think anderson is a great goalie to mentor lehner. andy looks like he talks with his defense a lot back there. andy is still in his prime and has worked his way up, he most likely has some nice things to teach lehner and maybe he'll like it in ottawa enough to stay once lehner dethrones him. that would give us solid goal-keeping (no offense to bishop, i just don't see him being better than andy. it's possible of course, but his lateral movement is no good).

andy is fine for chicken, i got him this for chrstmas:
poultry-deboning58.jpg

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
Gave up a 2nd rounder in a very deep draft for a backup goalie when there are already 2 better goalies in the organization.

I'm just so confused.

They had aspirations this past offseason to land Nash via trade and they needed some bait and/or insurance (Lehner/Bishop) to make it happen. Plus beyond Lehner, the cupboard was pretty bare as far as goalie prospects were concerned. Andy won't be around forever and they will need someone to push Lehner. That's probably why they picked up 2 more goalies this past draft. From a depth standpoint, it was a position of weakness within the organization.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Gave up a 2nd rounder in a very deep draft for a backup goalie when there are already 2 better goalies in the organization.

I'm just so confused.

We've been over this, I don't see how you're still confused...

Anyways, Boshop-bashing aside, I still think we're going to bring in a defenceman for the rest of the year to replace Cowen, or at the very least have as a 6th/7th guy in case of injury. We have absolutely no depth right now on the blueline, I can't see Murray not taking advantage of somebody who needs to move someone due to the new CBA cap, or sign a depth guy who was compliance-bought-out, or trade, or whatever.

But yeah. Whatever lineup we see, there will be a defenceman added who is not currently under contract by the org. Just my gut feel.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Silfverberg - Spezza - Michalek
Latendresse - Turris - Alfredsson
Greening - Regin - Condra - Regin & Condra could be replaced by Zibane & Stone at some point
Z. Smith - JOB - Neil/Daugavins

Methot - Karlsson
Phillips - Gonchar
Wiercioch - Lundin/Boroweicki

Anderson - Bishop

2013 - 2014 Season
Silfverberg - Spezza - Michalek
Latendress - Turris - Zibanejad
Greening - Grant - Stone
Z. Smith - JOB - Neil/DD

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Wiercioch - Phillips/Boroweicki

Anderson - Lehner

WhiteLight*

We've been over this, I don't see how you're still confused...

Anyways, Boshop-bashing aside, I still think we're going to bring in a defenceman for the rest of the year to replace Cowen, or at the very least have as a 6th/7th guy in case of injury. We have absolutely no depth right now on the blueline, I can't see Murray not taking advantage of somebody who needs to move someone due to the new CBA cap, or sign a depth guy who was compliance-bought-out, or trade, or whatever.

But yeah. Whatever lineup we see, there will be a defenceman added who is not currently under contract by the org. Just my gut feel.

Care to repeat? Because all I remember is all you all being scared of Lehner flopping at the end of the season and cause the Sens to miss the playoffs.

But like I said, Lehner played like 5 games before the trade and was awesome. No need to worry. And que sera sera, no need to trade the future for a quick fix.

Nobody is giving up a 2nd rounder for Bishop. Sens aren't gonna recoup what they gave up for him if they try to flip him.

The NHL tandem should be Lehner-Anderson. No need for another goalie on an NHL deal. Zero need. You guys are 100% wrong about this.

Anderson + Smith + Da Bosta for Bolland + Hjalmarsson

ohya.

That's interesting. Overpayment by the Sens imo. Also when Cowen comes back, what happens to Phillips, Methot, Cowen, Hjalmarsson. Even Wiercioch. A lot of Left D. That said, it's interesting, and Bolland is a sweet player.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I'd bring Redden back if he was bought out.

I bet you he would bust his ass if you gave him a 1 year to prove he still is capable of playing in the NHL.

1yr/1m

Methot/Karlsson
Redden/Gonchar
Phillips/Lundin
Weircioch

WhiteLight*

Phillips can retire. :laugh:

not likely

I'd bring Redden back if he was bought out.

I bet you he would bust his ass if you gave him a 1 year to prove he still is capable of playing in the NHL.

1yr/1m

Methot/Karlsson
Redden/Gonchar
Phillips/Lundin
Weircioch

Redden is an AHL d-man. He sucks. He can't play in the NHL. Wiercioch is a much better player at this point, but you have him sitting :nono:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad