Speculation: 2013 Leafs Trades, Proposals, and Free Agent Talk XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
So Bobrovsky is being shopped after winning the Vez. It would be hilarious to see him traded back to Philly.

On a separate note, if Rielly is traded, there should be other parts being moved. That being said, how would people value Sean Monahan vs Morgan Rielly? Neither have played an NHL game, so to say that one will succeed over another is ignorant on everyone's part. Based on the Leafs' needs, I would prefer Monahan because he projects to be a #1 centre and the Leafs have needed that for a long time. Rielly is going to be the next Karlsson? If so, then they miss out on big offense from the back end, but I still think the right decision is Monahan.

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
So Bobrovsky is being shopped after winning the Vez. It would be hilarious to see him traded back to Philly.

On a separate note, if Rielly is traded, there should be other parts being moved. That being said, how would people value Sean Monahan vs Morgan Rielly? Neither have played an NHL game, so to say that one will succeed over another is ignorant on everyone's part. Based on the Leafs' needs, I would prefer Monahan because he projects to be a #1 centre and the Leafs have needed that for a long time. Rielly is going to be the next Karlsson? If so, then they miss out on big offense from the back end, but I still think the right decision is Monahan.

The answer is always the most proven entity; Rielly over Monahan. I'd also argue his ceiling is higher.

We'd be filling a more pressing need, but it's still poor asset management.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Rielly should be a deal breaker in any deal for a top 5 pick.

Rielly's value is about a top 5 pick, but why do it? Especially if it isn't for a center. We have good PMDs, we have loads of talent on the wing. Why move what might be the best PMD for this draft and last for another gamble that's another year away.

If these D are what is reported as being out there, I think this is all related. Gardiner/Rielly, Myers, Edler. I think they are all there for CAR to discuss moving for their 5th. But I wouldn't add to the player to get another lottery ticket.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
The answer is always the most proven entity; Rielly over Monahan. I'd also argue his ceiling is higher.

We'd be filling a more pressing need, but it's still poor asset management.

Again, how do you know that Rielly is more proven than Monahan?

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
So the Canes list of suitors makes the deal more clear. We don't know which of the two the Leafs are talking about offering. I have no preference as long as they keep the better one:) and manage to draft the BPA at #5.

Fan love for a certain player shouldn't cloud our understanding that the guy they get, could in fact be much better than the guy they give up. The risk of making the deal is exactly the same as the risk of not making it, and if all of Franson, Reily and Gards top out as 50pt D men it does make sense to deal for the forward.

If the other options for the Canes are Edler and Myers it does not seem likely that it is Reilly they want.

There is a chance that Nikushkin is absolutely the best player available at#5 as well which kind of muddies the water. They really need a center, but every club needs a big gamebreaking 90 point winger.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
i dont mind the idea of giving up Rielly if its top 4 pick (Mack, Drouin, Barkov)
but would be hesistant once the dicsussion is Nich or Monahan

TMLFAN4LIFE

Dec 11, 2006
Considering he doesn't even know how to spell the players names in trade talks... Not credible...
lmao he tried correcting himself but still managed to screw up spelling Reilly's last name again. Credibility, gone.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Considering he doesn't even know how to spell the players names in trade talks... Not credible...
Do you think Don Cherry could spell players names when he can't even pronounce them? :laugh: That shouldn't make someone less credible, it just means they can't spell for crap :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad