Speculation: 2013 Leafs Trades, Proposals, and Free Agent Talk XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
So Crosby, Malkin, Letang all set up with massive amounts of money, even with the cap rising, that screams trouble because right now they've got 18 players and about 7 million to play with...man oh man.

In 2014 they will have 45 million committed to 8 players. That's ridiculous.

They're going to have problems getting soild support players around their stars, especially up front.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I don't think its too crazy to consider. Myers has been pretty bad the past couple years.

Obviously there will be more to be exchanged.

There is no way Myers is the basis to move up 3 spots. Not a chance in hell. If Myers is thrown in, it's a lot more then just switching picks.

It's always a 2nd+ to move that much. Why, on these boards, with fans this rabid for the draft do we need to repeat these facts?

TMLFAN4LIFE

Dec 11, 2006
If we were to trade up and get 5. Gardiner and Biggs and maybe a 2/3 round pick. Would you trade down to buffalo to get there 2 picks and get Domi and Horvat. Sounds like were high on Domi

Assuming that we do acquire the fifth, I would be all over trying to trade down and squeeze two mid firsts out of someone. Getting Domi AND Horvat would be unreal. It's always good to dream....

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
In 2014 they will have 45 million committed to 8 players. That's ridiculous.

They're going to have problems getting soild support players around their stars, especially up front.

exactly, that's incredibly, utterly stupid.

I think that'll come back and bite them one day, mind you they are great players but..........

right. there's that but.

Could be a sign and trade cause idk why Pittsburgh would want to screw themselves like this.

but whose going to pay a ransom like that with a cap hit like that. Oh well, will be fun to watch

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Could be a sign and trade cause idk why Pittsburgh would want to screw themselves like this.

Has a limited NTC too

Renaud Lavoie @RenLavoieRDS
Kris Letang contract with Penguins. 8 years / 58 M (#58!) 7.25 AVV Limited no trade to 15 teams. #RDS

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
If the Leafs were to acquire the fifth overall pick, I fail to see why Nichushkin shouldn't be the pick (assuming none of the big-4 are available).

Always, always select the best player available.

Crazy risky. If you believe the KHL offered Brobovsky 10 mill....what makes you think they couldn't do something like that to him if he becomes a star. Tax free, living at home. 1st round with so many safer options... Don't take a Russian.

Phatic

Aug 2, 2011
Myers has a salary of $12M this upcoming season, and a $10M signing bonus to go with it. The Canes certainly won't take that on.

Buff could take on part of salary remember (the idea of buff moving 3 spots for this still seems ridiculous to me)

Penalty Kill Icing*

Nope. People keep forgetting that Letang has a very healthy 3.5 million caphit for 2013-14; and Jeremy Jacobs said earlier this week that the cap is going to rise to 70 million for 14-15. And subsequently, keep rising.

So, Pittsburgh wouldn't be in ideal spot, but isn't as big of a spot of bother as people are claiming them to be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad