Speculation: 2013 Leafs Trades, Proposals, and Free Agent Talk XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Big mistake by the Hurricanes.

I don't know why GM's are so rushed to pay big bucks to RFA's who have had one good year.

Seguin, Skinner, Myers etc are all pretty lucky.

Seguin is going to make more than Kessel next year! That's a good joke.

Tavares, OEL, Getzlaf, Perry, etc. There are examples where the team made out like bandits as well.

It's a risk to sign an RFA with only one good season under their belt to a longterm deal. If they regress, you're paying way more than they deserve. But if they become franchise players, you're getting a steal.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426445

He's a winner. Would love him on the Leafs, replaces Komarov but he can put the puck in the net.

Do you mean Borat? Way funnier than Komorov.

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426445

He's a winner. Would love him on the Leafs, replaces Komarov but he can put the puck in the net.

AlBorlandDontThinkSo.jpg

JMcLeaf

JVR-Lecavalier-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson
Kulemin-Bolland-Clutterbuck
McClement-Gordon-Orr

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Don't hate on Seguin just cause when he plays Toronto he lights us up.(except in playoffs) If we didn't trade him for Kessel you guys would love him.

Both Seguin and Hamilton grew up Leafs fans and their dreams of playing for them were stripped away from them by BB. Now Kessel can walk next year while Tyler and Dougie are Bruin property for years to come. :help:

kilgore111

Jul 12, 2010
Both Seguin and Hamilton grew up Leafs fans and their dreams of playing for them were stripped away from them by BB. Now Kessel can walk next year while Tyler and Dougie are Bruin property for years to come. :help:

Yeah I didn't like the trade then and still don't BUT I agree with those who say it is done, time to move on and NOT trade out of the first round anymore

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Yeah I didn't like the trade then and still don't BUT I agree with those who say it is done, time to move on and NOT trade out of the first round anymore

Trade was fine who would have known rotten Ronnie would lead us to fail like he did

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Yeah i'd love to have White back. Coming off a bad year so I think we'd be able to get him for pretty cheap.

Actually yes. If Liles is out and Whitey brings his A game (with stache) he would be a nice cheap replacement, and would keep Kostka from squeezing his way back in.

number72

Oct 9, 2011
Tavares, OEL, Getzlaf, Perry, etc. There are examples where the team made out like bandits as well.

It's a risk to sign an RFA with only one good season under their belt to a longterm deal. If they regress, you're paying way more than they deserve. But if they become franchise players, you're getting a steal.

Hawks have Keith signed up and Toews etc. This is a winning strategy if you get it "right"

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

You make it sound like only the team has a say in where the player goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad