Speculation: 2013 Leafs Trades, Proposals, and Free Agent Talk XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426265

The Edmonton Oilers look to be in the process of trying to lock up one of their centres, as sources tell TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger that the Oilers have offered Sam Gagner a multi-year contract extension.

Dreger added, however, that there is still work to do to get a deal done.

Wonder if they are low balling him and if he doesn't agree will move him to a team without any 1st. line centers?

I don't think he's 1st. line, but 2 2nd. line centers is better than 1.

AlbertaLeafFan31

Feb 5, 2013
Nonis was talking with Chiarelli today. Maybe Seguin is top6 young center they could be looking at. JVR plus a little for him?

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
Chuck you hearing anything on Phanuef and/or Kessel and whether the Leafs would consider moving them?

I know there is the 'no one is untouchable' quote out there but anything more substantial? rumblings?

just wondering if they are getting an idea of what they will want and if it doesn't match up with what the leafs want to pay them

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Any new rumours over the last day or so?

I imagine things will be rampant for the next two weeks so daily rumours will need to be kept on top of!

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I'd rather have JVR. Seguin is a talented little b--ch, but he disappears when the going gets tough. He had a terrible season despite being given ample opportunities with talented linemates, and he was even worse in the playoffs. No thanks.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Nonis was talking with Chiarelli today. Maybe Seguin is top6 young center they could be looking at. JVR plus a little for him?

Chiarelli telling Nonis, you're team may have blown a bigger lead, but, we did it in a more important game, and in much less time. :help:

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
during an interview on tim and sid today......said Nonis was the only one he could talk to today (ie in lieu of toronto and boston respective late game collapses)..didnt really hint at trade implications but who knows.....be interested to see if Horton's rights or Chris Kelly or Peverly are involved at all. Boychuck possibly available?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
lol, im thinking there would be quite a bit more added to jvr. it would be pretty epic though...

Honestly I would not trade JVR for Seguin. I would although trade Gardiner and Colborne for him but they probably would not do it and I would say oh well, because I am not a fan of him anyways.

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
What if the Flyers offersheet Bernier?

lets say 4mil - so a 1st + 3rd.

Take it or take the overpaid contract?

That would make no sense at all considering they just had the chance to acquire him for pretty much the same assets and without the ridiculous contract

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Chiarelli and Nonis are talking and now we're discussing Seguin coming here? I highly doubt it. We need to lay off the rampant crazy speculation guys.

Just last week the silly rumour was a Phaneuf and Gagner deal. Now we hear EDM is working out a deal with Gagner to stay. A few weeks ago Malkin was on the market. Then he signs long term shortly after. It's all speculation associated with two people in the same business talking. We need to take that info with a PAIL of salt.

Nonis was talking with his former employees new employer in MacTavish. Now he is seen talking to his teams last rival. There may have been some talk of trades, but it's likely nothing we will ever hear about.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Would a trade based around John Michael Liles for Scottie Upshall work?

Upshall is making 3.5 on the cap for the next 2 years and Liles is making 3.875 on the cap for the next 3. Neither team would have to take on additional salary, unless Toronto was willing to in the 3rd year of Liles deal.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Chiarelli and Nonis are talking and now we're discussing Seguin coming here? I highly doubt it. We need to lay off the rampant crazy speculation guys.

Just last week the silly rumour was a Phaneuf and Gagner deal. Now we hear EDM is working out a deal with Gagner to stay. A few weeks ago Malkin was on the market. Then he signs long term shortly after. It's all speculation associated with two people in the same business talking. We need to take that info with a PAIL of salt.

Nonis was talking with his former employees new employer in MacTavish. Now he is seen talking to his teams last rival. There may have been some talk of trades, but it's likely nothing we will ever hear about.

Maybe the Leafs could trade 2 1st round picks for him. And it could be an ongoing cycle?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Seguin moving is probably not out of the question. Party guy 5.5 mil a year, disappears, skips practice, sometimes these guys go just because. I doubt it but you never know.

Gards + Colborne and a 1st.

When he grows up in a couple years he will probably be elite. Gards very well could be elite too though.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Would a trade based around John Michael Liles for Scottie Upshall work?

Upshall is making 3.5 on the cap for the next 2 years and Liles is making 3.875 on the cap for the next 3. Neither team would have to take on additional salary, unless Toronto was willing to in the 3rd year of Liles deal.

Upshall could be of more use than Liles, but, i'd rather try to trade Liles for picks, or prospects instead if possible

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Maybe the Leafs could trade 2 1st round picks for him. And it could be an ongoing cycle?

would you trade 2 1st round picks for him ...I would.

...especially considering the 1st this year is 21, and we have a decent coach, and a system that will not see us finish in the bottom 2 again any time soon, save a plane crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad