Speculation: 2013 Leafs Trades, Proposals, and Free Agent Talk XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
If Kadri should get about 3.75 for 3 years now, i'd go 4.25-4.5 for a few extra years.

Yep. The way i see it, thats a steal for a legitimate top 6 centre. And if he doesnt develop into a legitimate top 6 centre, we're screwed anyways so who cares lol.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Vinny is certainly the perfect type of player for our #1 line (so long as he can keep up). Big, very defensively capable. Between Kessel and JVR we'd have the speedy, gifted passing sniper, the big bodied net presence and the big bodied cycler/corner man. Not likely we'll land him but his DNA is ideal. Might even encourage Phil all the more to sign long term.

That would free us up to drop the gifted Lupul to the second line alongside Kadri, who he seems to have chemistry with. Add another tough as nails type winger and your top 6 looks dynamite.

I could see a Kulemin-Colborne-D'Amigo type third line.

No offense to Bozak but he's easily going to price himself out of the market

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Yep. The way i see it, thats a steal for a legitimate top 6 centre. And if he doesnt develop into a legitimate top 6 centre, we're screwed anyways so who cares lol.

Steals are guys that are in their ELCs.... once we get into the $4M range the 'steal' factor is not really there anymore, unless you're Kris Letang and you're Norris-level @ $3.5M.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Vinny is certainly the perfect type of player for our #1 line (so long as he can keep up). Big, very defensively capable. Between Kessel and JVR we'd have the speedy, gifted passing sniper, the big bodied net presence and the big bodied cycler/corner man. Not likely we'll land him but his DNA is ideal. Might even encourage Phil all the more to sign long term.

That would free us up to drop the gifted Lupul to the second line alongside Kadri, who he seems to have chemistry with. Add another tough as nails type winger and your top 6 looks dynamite.

I could see a Kulemin-Colborne-D'Amigo type third line.

No offense to Bozak but he's easily going to price himself out of the market

Yea, the big-bodied net presence and cycler/corner man who's constantly injured. Seems like you haven't seen Lecavalier play for 4 years now because hes not that player anymore.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426445

The Chicago Blackhawks are shopping forward Dave Bolland.

According to TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN.com and TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie, word is surfacing that he's being shopped by the Stanley Cup champions in trade talks.

Bolland, 27, has one year remaining on a five-year contract that carries an annual average value of $3.3 million. He is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent next summer.

Bolland scored the game-winning goal that won the Blackhawks the Stanley Cup in Game 6. The Mimico, Ont., native scored seven goals and seven assists in 35 games this season and added three goals and three assists in the playoffs.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Yea, the big-bodied net presence and cycler/corner man who's constantly injured. Seems like you haven't seen Lecavalier play for 4 years now because hes not that player anymore.

Yes he could get injured. So could Lupul. That's the risk you take. The net presence I was referring to wasn't Lecavalier, it was the guy who was routinely doing it for us this season. Maybe you saw him?

Penalty Kill Icing*

Both Seguin and Hamilton grew up Leafs fans and their dreams of playing for them were stripped away from them by BB. Now Kessel can walk next year while Tyler and Dougie are Bruin property for years to come. :help:

What makes you think Kessel is walking away next year? Where did you find that information?

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Yes he could get injured. So could Lupul. That's the risk you take. The net presence I was referring to wasn't Lecavalier, it was the guy who was routinely doing it for us this season. Maybe you saw him?

Difference is that we still see Lupul battle on the ice. Lecavalier seems to have lost a step and just seems frustrated to watch as a player. JvR does most of the board work for us but I agree with you, we need more players like that to improve our possession numbers.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
constantly injured equals playing 85% of the games.

#rhetoric

80% if you look at the last 3 years and its not like he's getting any younger.. That number will likely trend further downwards.

My biggest concern with him is that he hasn't been as good a player as he was as a result of an injury he sustained 4 or 5 years ago.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Difference is that we still see Lupul battle on the ice. Lecavalier seems to have lost a step and just seems frustrated to watch as a player. JvR does most of the board work for us but I agree with you, we need more players like that to improve our possession numbers.

JVR was consistently in front of the net last year, I'm not sure how anyone could miss that?

Lecavalier has been in the league 14 years. Only 3 times has he played less than 76 games. He had a broken foot that caused him to miss 14 games in 2001. He broke his hand in 2010 and broke his hand again in 2012.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
JVR was consistently in front of the net last year, I'm not sure how anyone could miss that?

Lecavalier has been in the league 14 years. Only 3 times has he played less than 76 games. He had a broken foot that caused him to miss 14 games in 2001. He broke his hand in 2010 and broke his hand again in 2012.

& now he wants term on his next deal and Leafs fans are ok with it (keeping in mind his cap hit will exceed $5mill)? He separated his shoulder 4 or 5 years ago and hasn't been the same player since.

AddMan3001

Don't poke the bear!
Sep 16, 2007
Cambridge, ON
Richard Cloutier, a reporter for hockeybuzz (worse than Eklund) says Edm wants to trade Gagner for Gardiner and Kulemin..... AH no thanks buddy

Lol yea, I think Toronto passes here. One 8 point game doesn't make ganger the #1 centre we've been looking for, and how in the heck does this guy think the value is right here, unless of course we're also swapping 1st round picks.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I wonder if at the end of this Vinny will take home the most money of any player in the history of the NHL. Over his career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad