Offense - Offense - Fighter

Extended Offense - Extended Offense

Only hope to stop 70 shots a game
Offensive minded goaltender

So we are getting Brouder?

nazembiggs*

Lol Nonis is on Timandsid and his email keeps going off, either he's getting alot of junk mail or there are some talks going on.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
It sounds as if the Leafs have ''allegedly'' made qualifying offers on; Kadri, Colborne, Franson and Gunnarsson.

No rush or timeline on completing contract extensions.

Take it with a grain of salt as per usual!

edit; Typo between qualifying and qualifed

Last edited:

William Nylander*

Nonis was just on tim&sid and it seems like he expects Phaneuf to be here opening day

Thank goodness.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Nonis was just on tim&sid and it seems like he expects Phaneuf to be here opening day

Thank goodness.

Please put this Phaneuf trade to rest.

I would be against trading him unless, OEL, Pietrangelo are someone of that ilk comes back, which won't happen.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Colorado is going to be in an interesting situation next year. If they don't need Stastny beyond this year, you would have to assume that this is the off-season that you trade him.

If you are going to go into the season with Duchene and O'Rielly as your top 2 centres and a healthy Landeskog on the wing, along with their first overall pick (which is reported to be MacKinnon), then I don't think it will be out of this world to think that Stastny is on his way out.

The Avs could use an upgrade on defence and realistically the only 2 that could do that for them is Phaneuf and Gunnarsson. With Gunnar being an RFA and likely to get in the 2.5-3 mill range (max), I could see him being the target. The Avs have room under the cap to take Phaneuf, but I'm not sure the Leafs actually want to deal him.

Avs fans and Avs management think in entirely different ways. Fans think Stas is still a #1C, whereas I'm sure Avs management have more realistic valuations.

The only deal I see making sense between Colorado and Toronto is a Stas for Gunnarson swap. If we felt very strongly about a couple prospects likely to fall to the 2nd round, we might also entice Colorado's 31st overall for a guy like Kulemin or Liles although if the latter I'd expect something else going the other way.

KlattNazty

Feb 3, 2011
It sounds as if the Leafs have ''allegedly'' made qualifying offers on; Kadri, Colborne, Franson and Gunnarsson.

No rush or timeline on completing contract extensions.

Take it with a grain of salt as per usual!

edit; Typo between qualifying and qualifed

Chuck, any idea if they plan on giving Colborne the reigns at 3C this year?

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
Chuck, any idea if they plan on giving Colborne the reigns at 3C this year?

Depending on what happens on the market between now and July, it sounds as if he has a very realistic shot at making the club out of camp if he's around.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Depending on what happens on the market between now and July, it sounds as if he has a very realistic shot at making the club out of camp if he's around.

I think with so much in the air nothing can really be established until we see who's names are on the reserve list as of July 10th or so.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

I think with so much in the air nothing can really be established until we see who's names are on the reserve list as of July 10th or so.

He'd be a cheap player which is always good in a Cap system.

KlattNazty

Feb 3, 2011
Pretty much.

Nonis isn't making promises to anyone.

So there is absolutely nothing set in stone at this point.

Okay well, do you have any idea how management regards Colborne at this point?

Either as how big of a piece in a trade do they consider him, or what role he might be able to play one day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad