Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawaiinleaf

Jan 4, 2011
Honolulu
Me first

Scrivens for Edmonton's 2nd $ 685,000 Cap
Liles for 2nd $ 3,875,000 Cap

Our available cap relief would be a ridiculous $ 27 M sure hope we spend it!!!

Draft Package 2 2nds to get a better 2nd

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Rumors:

-Bernier for Frattin

-Stastny to Toronto, possible return may be Liles+

-Deal with Edmonton

-Buyout targets like Dipietro+++

-UFA market, Nonis interested in Weiss and Clarkson

feel free to add on to this

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I would call Stastny to TO speculation and not a rumor, but another one to add is the likely buyout of Komisarek

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
see - i wonder if the GMS technically know who is going to be bought out, but really won't act on it/say anything until the finals, because truthfully, i'm surprised there's not any more "buyout" talk other than Philly's.

Asif16*

Rumors:

-Bernier for Frattin

-Deal with Edmonton

I think the stastny rumor was speculation made by fans on this board.

Also add in the rumor of the Leafs inquiring about Clutterbuck and Konopka

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Chuckwoods actually verified the speculation around Statsny, and added in that it was Liles plus a package of mid round pick(s) that was being tossed around

NBLeafster

May 15, 2011
I have not posted in a long while but i had to sign in to agree on the stastny for liles rumour. If That deal is possible id be All over that ! Also Steel Boychuck from boston and Grab Clarkson or Clowe.

These are my pipe dreams

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
LOL.

THis is why Chuck never says anything anymore.

**** gets wayyyyyy out of context, and eventually will lead to people questioning his credibility, etc.

Chuck mentioned that the Leafs and Avs had made contact at some point and mentioned that Liles + pick for Stastny was part of what was discussed. Nowhere did he say 'Liles for Stastny', I think it's safe to say that you'd be adding significantly to JML to get Stastny. If it was Liles for Stastny it would be done by now.

(not hating on you Bert- just the direction this is rapidly heading, what you said was accurate)

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
I'd like to get Stastny if its Liles +, not Liles ++. I'm all for sending mid-round picks or lower-end prospects, picks + Liles, but anything more no thank you. He's been declining and soon to be UFA.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Rumors:

-Bernier for Frattin

-Deal with Edmonton

With the Leafs going to buyout Komisarek I rather like to see them save their 2nd compliance buyout for someone else on the roster, just incase they might need to use it and not waste it on DiPietro or someone else with a equally bad contract.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
LOL.

THis is why Chuck never says anything anymore.

**** gets wayyyyyy out of context, and eventually will lead to people questioning his credibility, etc.

Chuck mentioned that the Leafs and Avs had made contact at some point and mentioned that Liles + pick for Stastny was part of what was discussed. Nowhere did he say 'Liles for Stastny', I think it's safe to say that you'd be adding significantly to JML to get Stastny. If it was Liles for Stastny it would be done by now.

(not hating on you Bert- just the direction this is rapidly heading, what you said was accurate)

:laugh: All good man, I know what you mean .. I should have worded my post better

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
With the Leafs going to buyout Komisarek I rather like to see them save their 2nd compliance buyout for someone else on the roster, just incase they might need to use it and not waste it on DiPietro or someone else with a equally bad contract.

I don't understand the buy-out of Komisarek... you're telling me no team want's to take a chance on a guy that could be a vet bottom pairing Dman that gets payed less than his cap-hit (3.5m instead of 4.5m)? If it doesn't work out he walks at the end of the year... NYI or a cap-type team wouldn't be willing to take a gamble on him for a 6th,7th, or even "future considerations"?

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I don't understand the buy-out of Komisarek... you're telling me no team want's to take a chance on a guy that could be a vet bottom pairing Dman that gets payed less than his cap-hit (3.5m instead of 4.5m)? If it doesn't work out he walks at the end of the year... NYI or a cap-type team wouldn't be willing to take a gamble on him for a 6th,7th, or even "future
considerations"?

Why would they pay for someone like him when they know they can just wait, and he or a similar talent. will be available for a fraction of the cap hit and money? He isn't just overpaid. He's overpaid and ******.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Why would they pay for someone like him when they know they can just wait, and he or a similar talent. will be available for a fraction of the cap hit and money? He isn't just overpaid. He's overpaid and ******.

It helps that he's only a year though, if Dipietro does go won't NYI need help reaching the cap-floor?

Kbs

Jun 30, 2008
London ON
The more I think about Nonis going after Clarkson, the less appealing it sounds. It seems like a contract that'll bite us in the ass in a couple years when he's not producing as much as people expected.

It's too bad Torres got re-signed, I think he would've been a good replacement for Komarov.

Kbs

Jun 30, 2008
London ON
I don't understand the buy-out of Komisarek... you're telling me no team want's to take a chance on a guy that could be a vet bottom pairing Dman that gets payed less than his cap-hit (3.5m instead of 4.5m)? If it doesn't work out he walks at the end of the year... NYI or a cap-type team wouldn't be willing to take a gamble on him for a 6th,7th, or even "future considerations"?

I think once a player reaches the point where he's being stuck in the AHL, his value is basically zero. Other GMs aren't stupid and they know he's going to be bought out soon anyway.

It's not like you saw teams lining up during a pretty weak trade deadline for Connolly after he was waived.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The more I think about Nonis going after Clarkson, the less appealing it sounds. It seems like a contract that'll bite us in the ass in a couple years when he's not producing as much as people expected.

It's too bad Torres got re-signed, I think he would've been a good replacement for Komarov.

Bingo. I'm hoping for Weiss and Briere.

Briere is looking for a 1 or 2 year deal, which is perfect.

Weiss to a 4 year deal.

JVR - Weiss - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Briere

A good looking top 6.

Kbs

Jun 30, 2008
London ON
Bingo. I'm hoping for Weiss and Briere.

Briere is looking for a 1 or 2 year deal, which is perfect.

Weiss to a 4 year deal.

JVR - Weiss - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Briere

A good looking top 6.

I like that. More because of Weiss than Briere. Although Briere wouldn't be a bad addition on a short-term contract. We have to fill some spots on the wings and a stopgap in Briere could work out.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Oh yes, forgot the rumor that Nonis inquired about Clutterbuck and Konopka.

I have a feeling we will see a flurry of activity right after the cup is handed to Bos/Chi.

The next couple weeks are going to be very interesting.

leugangen

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto
Oh yes, forgot the rumor that Nonis inquired about Clutterbuck and Konopka.

I have a feeling we will see a flurry of activity right after the cup is handed to Bos/Chi.

The next couple weeks are going to be very interesting.

Would love Clutterbuck. Konopka would make our fourth line basically useless, but he is at least decent at faceoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad