2013 is going to be an amazing year for goalies

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Seth Jooooooones!

Kid is a master of hockey. He will be a great player. One of my closest hockey friends from back in the day had a brother that played in the NAHL on the Jr Stars against Jones and his brother and said that they were the two most destructive players in that league.

He's gonna go top 5 IMHO.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
I just checked again and he is 6'01 and 1/2.....that height and weight listed is what Erik Vierkant is (the 5'10/155)

Where do you see that?

On pointstreak he is listed at 5'10" 155. Look at the OHL Draft guide, they have him listed as the same.
USA Hockey had him at that at the U17's as well.

Curious where you found him as 6'1"?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Seth Jooooooones!

Kid is a master of hockey. He will be a great player. One of my closest hockey friends from back in the day had a brother that played in the NAHL on the Jr Stars against Jones and his brother and said that they were the two most destructive players in that league.

He's gonna go top 5 IMHO.

heard it from a friend who....heard it from a friend who.....heard it from another you been messing around!!

REO Speedwagon baby!!

Seriously though, Seth Jones is going to be something special. If he isnt in everyones top 5 already, please edit your posts and do so...you have 5 minutes to adjust! Thank you!

Kid might end up being a 6'8 behemoth out there when its all said and done. He is 6'4 already for the love of God....and still 2 years until his draft.

SMoneyMonkey

Dec 7, 2009
LA/MTL
Martin Brodeur
Carey Price
Marc Andre Fleury
Cam Ward
Roberto Luongo

These are probably the five best Canadian goalies in the NHL today. They were all drafted in the first round.

Not to mention Bernier, the most promising Canadian goalie prospect. Along with Reimer now, I suppose, who was drafted 99th, which counters the argument :laugh:

And probably some ten or twelve other prospects I'm just too sleepy to remember. Regardless, drafting goalies high can be a good thing. Thing is with so many late draft goalies doing well people always expect a ton out of a high drafted goalie.

eastcoastselects3575

Sep 22, 2010
Im not to sold on him as of now.

I wish him the best, but no invite to the US-NTDP and was not drafted into the USHL.

Im guessing that he will stay with Culver and play on the Prep team next year.

Im on board with Jenkins, although being 5'10 wont help him.

As of now Spencer Martin can be included, but who knows where we will be in two years.
Tyler Jansen should be included, only 15 years old 6'3 very quick. Saw him playing in a college/pro pick up game and he was stoning most guys on the Milwaukee Admirals (AHL) and a few NHL draft picks. Does anyone have any other info on him?

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
Tyler Jansen should be included, only 15 years old 6'3 very quick. Saw him playing in a college/pro pick up game and he was stoning most guys on the Milwaukee Admirals (AHL) and a few NHL draft picks. Does anyone have any other info on him?

With respect, Youve made 5 posts about him in 3 minutes Sir. All 8 of your posts have mentioned him. Im sure you know alot about him

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Oh absolutely. I didn't mean it as though they won't pan out, its just that for every goalie drafted in the first round, you can find an equal if not better goalie in the 2nd 3rd 4th round ect. The first rounder is better spent on a forward or Dman.

That's one of the oddities of the draft. Top end forwards are usually found in the first round, top end dman are most commonly found in the 2nd round, and goalies are most commonly found in late rounds. Obviously exceptions exist in all cases but generally these are (or have been) the case.

Luongo, Price, and Fleury have all worked well its true but for those three you could turn to Lundqvist, Thomas, Rinne in response as late round picks. It's generally accepted that only the most talented of talented goalies go in the top 30, the ones that seem like sure locks to be superb starters. However I think the logic is that goalies are very hard to peg at 18 years old, even compared to players so teams decide they would rather go with late round picks and let them develop.

Burke has even taken it a step further and decided to forgo picking goalies at all. He just signs them as FA's. He did it with Hiller and now he has filled the Leaf system with FA goalies (and they look pretty damn good, with the exception of Gustavsson). Granted Reimer was a late round pick but that was before Burke's time.

Goalies are just interesting draftees.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Martin Brodeur
Carey Price
Marc Andre Fleury
Cam Ward
Roberto Luongo

These are probably the five best Canadian goalies in the NHL today. They were all drafted in the first round.

Lundqvist, Rinne and Thomas. These are probably the 3 best goalies in the NHL today and none were drafted earlier than in the 4th round.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Lundqvist, Rinne and Thomas. These are probably the 3 best goalies in the NHL today and none were drafted earlier than in the 4th round.

you can make a case for any players like that...

PK Subban, Paul Stastny, Keith Yandl, David Krejci, Johan Franzen, Patrice Bergeron, Derek Roy, Tomas Plekanec, Patrick Sharp, etc etc....If I can get players like this after the 1st round why don't I just trade my 1st round off every year since I don't need to pick in the 1st round to get a 1st round talent eh....??????????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad