2013 is going to be an amazing year for goalies

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
2013 is shapping up to one of the best years for goalies in a long time if everything keeps going like it should.

Philippe Desrosiers
Alexander Belanger
Zach Fucal
Eric Comrie

these 4 goalies are all wow factor goalies and have the potential to be 1st round picks in there draft year.

Other goalies who I am still not sure if they belong in this group or not since I have not seen them enough are:

Ian Jenkins and Eric Vierkant both USA goalies.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Seems like a very strong year for Canada in general

Nathan Mackinnon
Curtis Lazar
Sean Monahan
Alex Forsberg
Hunter Shinkaruk
Connor Rankin
Madison Bowey
Josh Morrissey
Anthony Duclair
Jonathan Drouin
Jared Hauf
Nic Petan
Morgan Klimchuk
Ryan Pulock

All seem to have top 20 draft potential

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
2013 is shapping up to one of the best years for goalies in a long time if everything keeps going like it should.

Philippe Desrosiers
Alexander Belanger
Zach Fucal
Eric Comrie

these 4 goalies are all wow factor goalies and have the potential to be 1st round picks in there draft year.

Other goalies who I am still not sure if they belong in this group or not since I have not seen them enough are:

Ian Jenkins and Eric Vierkant both USA goalies.

Im not to sold on him as of now.

I wish him the best, but no invite to the US-NTDP and was not drafted into the USHL.

Im guessing that he will stay with Culver and play on the Prep team next year.

Im on board with Jenkins, although being 5'10 wont help him.

As of now Spencer Martin can be included, but who knows where we will be in two years.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Im not to sold on him as of now.

I wish him the best, but no invite to the US-NTDP and was not drafted into the USHL.

Im guessing that he will stay with Culver and play on the Prep team next year.

Im on board with Jenkins, although being 5'10 wont help him.

As of now Spencer Martin can be included, but who knows where we will be in two years.

Jenkins is actually 6'02

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
If I have learned one thing watching hockey over the years, it is to NEVER pick a goalie high up in the draft.

Sloth Slothersons*

Seems like a very strong year for Canada in general

Nathan Mackinnon
Curtis Lazar
Sean Monahan
Alex Forsberg
Hunter Shinkaruk
Connor Rankin
Madison Bowey
Josh Morrissey
Anthony Duclair
Jonathan Drouin
Jared Hauf
Nic Petan
Morgan Klimchuk
Ryan Pulock

All seem to have top 20 draft potential

LOL if they are all drafted in the top 20

Sloth Slothersons*

If I have learned one thing watching hockey over the years, it is to NEVER pick a goalie high up in the draft.

Price and Fleury have both turned out very well so far. But it tis a risky move.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Price and Fleury have both turned out very well so far. But it tis a risky move.

Oh absolutely. I didn't mean it as though they won't pan out, its just that for every goalie drafted in the first round, you can find an equal if not better goalie in the 2nd 3rd 4th round ect. The first rounder is better spent on a forward or Dman.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
My guess is he was referring to how goaltending has been our weakest position at the U20s for the last few years.

Yeah that's how I read it too.

I would say a portion of it has to fall on the coaches too. Pickard should've been the starter for this year while Jones should've had more playing 2 years ago.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008

Martin Brodeur
Carey Price
Marc Andre Fleury
Cam Ward
Roberto Luongo

These are probably the five best Canadian goalies in the NHL today. They were all drafted in the first round.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
I would add Spencer Martin and Jordan DeKort to that list as well. Very good tenders and should go high in the upcoming OHL draft.

KingJet*

Comparisons for my top 5

Nathan Mackinnon - Sidney Crosby
Curtis Lazar - Jarome Iginla
Hunter Shinkaruk - Patrick Kane
Connor Rankin - Brayden Schenn
Madison Bowey - Drew Doughty

I can see it going that way as well in the draft, also this draft is better than 2003/2008.
My call is Forsberg is going to drop in the draft by a longshot, hes not that good, a bunch of people I know played against him and said he'd be nothing without his shot and is so freakin slow.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
Comparisons for my top 5

I can see it going that way as well in the draft, also this draft is better than 2003/2008.
My call is Forsberg is going to drop in the draft by a longshot, hes not that good, a bunch of people I know played against him and said he'd be nothing without his shot and is so freakin slow.

Curious, You feel that 4 or the top 5 will be from the WHL?

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Is Comrie a possible duel-national?

I don't think so. He was born in Edmonton and I'm pretty sure his mom is Canadian as well. He's only 15 (turns 16 in July) so he almost assuredly has not acquired American citizenship. He's spent more of his life living and playing hockey though in California so if he wants citizenship he'll be able to eventually get it since he'll still be living in the USA with Tri-City.

I'd imagine he'd represent Canada regardless.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Comparisons for my top 5

im sorry as early as this is, seth jones will be there before Shinkaruk and Bowey...Jones is one of the best dmen I have watched for his age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad