2013 Frozen Four: Young concentrating on defensive play at Yale

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Sure you're not confusing him with 18 (Kenny Agostino)? ;) 28 has some skill, but Agostino is the best player on this team. Miller is a great player, too. Although he's a bit slight.

Calgary's trade does not look near as bad now that I've seen #18 play.

Miller seems right up the Avs wheelhouse: character, undersized, versitile forward with captain credentials.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs did trade Gaunce and didn't sign Rutkowski, but there's still a logjam on D for next year.

EJ
Hejda
Zanon
Wilson
O'Brien
Hunwick
Elliott
Barrie
Beaupre
Lauridsen
Chouinard
Siemens
Young?
Donnelly?
Pock and other AHL vets?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Avs did trade Gaunce and didn't sign Rutkowski, but there's still a logjam on D for next year.

EJ
Hejda
Zanon
Wilson
O'Brien
Hunwick
Elliott
Barrie
Beaupre
Lauridsen
Chouinard
Siemens
Young?
Donnelly?
Pock and other AHL vets?

I wouldn't call that a Logjam at all. It's actually pretty thin if you get rid of all the pylons. If you go to the Pens on the other hand...

Letang
Martin
Depres
Orpik
Murray
Niskanen
Bortozzo
Pouliot
Maatta
Harrington
Dumoulin
etc.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

The NHL 7?
EJ
Hejda
Wilson
O'Brien/Zanon
Hunwick
Elliott
Barrie
------------------------
AHL etc
Beaupre
Lauridsen
Chouinard
Siemens
Young?
Donnelly?
Pock and other AHL vets?

Pock will likely leave for home this year since he is not getting NHL time. If Elliott can make the Avs next year, one or both of O'Brien/Zanon will be moved I'd think so Siemens can come up when the opportunity arises through the year. Jones may be in play too still.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Looks to me that it would be better for Young to play in the AHL next year than play his last year in Yale. Defensively he seems to be ready for the next step.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I hope at least he pays his own way to the rookie camp next year so we can have a better look at him. I think he is a real dark horse in our prospect pool.

Beaupre and Young could turn out to be really good pick in 6th and 7th rounds defensively. And let's not forget Smith who is a 7th round pick as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad