2013 Draft Thread Part III - Squeezed Into The Top Ten

Status
Not open for further replies.

devils61

Jan 8, 2007
oh ya?

i was under the impression management felt differently about him but it was worth a try. i think hes got a very good ceiling and shot that one out there

thanks for the feedback

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Yeah but he has a better shot than Parise

And better vision/playmaking/creativity. He'd bring a lot of what the Devils are sorely missing in their system. He'll probably never have the legs Parise had though, or the defensive dominance.

Yeah, not all of them will, but someone out of the bunch will drop.

I'm praying Burakowsky drops far enough that Lou can move up or pick him outright.

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
And better vision/playmaking/creativity. He'd bring a lot of what the Devils are sorely missing in their system. He'll probably never have the legs Parise had though, or the defensive dominance.

I thought Shinkaruk's skating was supposedly top-notch?

Kensu

Nov 1, 2011
New York City
Erne fell really quick in the ISS rankings, he's not even in the top 30 I believe.

I don't really like the ISS rankings though.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Erne fell really quick in the ISS rankings, he's not even in the top 30 I believe.

I don't really like the ISS rankings though.

I doubt he falls that far. would be awesome if hes available at 39 lol

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Todd Cordell ‏@ToddCordell 1m
Sean Monahan will be going to combines hosted by several teams in the next few days, including the #NJDevils.

Kensu

Nov 1, 2011
New York City
Mark Masters@markhmastersMonahan
will be going to combines hosted by Sabres, Leafs, Devils, Flames, Oilers in coming days

also going to those

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
We have too much competition as is for those top forwards. We don't need teams jumping up and taking the rest as we sit with the scraps.

Although the talent this year looks.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
We have too much competition as is for those top forwards. We don't need teams jumping up and taking the rest as we sit with the scraps.

Although the talent this year looks.
I think we need to trade up, myself. We're close enough to the top talent that we might be able to, but we're far enough away that if we don't we might end up with none of it.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
I would trade up aswell. If we have a chance to get someone like Nichuskin,Lindholm,Barkov,Monahan who may be ready to play in the NHL next season, you do it

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I think we need to trade up, myself. We're close enough to the top talent that we might be able to, but we're far enough away that if we don't we might end up with none of it.

What spot do you think the Devils can trade up to? What's it going to cost?

Kensu

Nov 1, 2011
New York City
Mark Masters@markhmastersMonahan
will be going to combines hosted by Sabres, Leafs, Devils, Flames, Oilers in coming days

also going to those

include Carolina now to the list.

Mike Morreale ‏@mikemorrealeNHL 10m
With the #nhldraft combine completed, @Monahan20 will now have personal visits with TOR, NJ, BUFF, CAL and EDM in the coming weeks.

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 5m
Nichushkin says he will play in the NHL or KHL next season, not the AHL.

some team's either going to grab him if they need a top 6 winger immediately or he's going to drop.

I can see us grabbing him, this free agent season is pretty weak and we really need a winger.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
include Carolina now to the list.

Mike Morreale ‏@mikemorrealeNHL 10m
With the #nhldraft combine completed, @Monahan20 will now have personal visits with TOR, NJ, BUFF, CAL and EDM in the coming weeks.

some team's either going to grab him if they need a top 6 winger immediately or he's going to drop.

I can see us grabbing him, this free agent season is pretty weak and we really need a winger.

Calgary not Carolina

And I agree about Nichuskin

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
What spot do you think the Devils can trade up to? What's it going to cost?
Really hard to say. I'd like to move up to at least 7, so as to ensure we get one of: Jones, Drouin, MacKinnon, Nichushkin, Barkov, Lindholm, or Monahan. I'd ideally like to secure one of Barkov or Nichushkin, as guys I think are NHL ready right out of the draft.

It's so hard to predict this year's draft order though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad