GDT: 2013 Caps Trade Deadline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
So Ribeiro will walk for nothing or George signs him to too long of term. What's the better bet.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
If the team is set on buying, I'm on the Marcel Goc bandwagon. Cheap in both salary and likely assets to acquire him, allows you to either move MP in a trade, or move him to the wing if Chimera's traded, and is decent in the faceoff dot.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I'm probably the only one here who is hoping we don't make any trades unless it involves some minor future asset to bring in someone. I don't want anyone on the team moved out.

CrashTheNet9

Jul 11, 2011
I'm probably the only one here who is hoping we don't make any trades unless it involves some minor future asset to bring in someone. I don't want anyone on the team moved out.

Yeah our 3rd line has been helping out so much lately...

Chimera scored finally so let's keep him.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Poor Tinner, you've become so bi-polar. ;) It's like you've come full circle as a fan and you're back to day 1. You love all the players and don't want anything changed. It's cute...really it is.

I guess you're ok with another early playoff exit (if we make it) too?

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I was thinking a 3rd, maybe a 2nd....certainly not a the 1st. I'd throw in a middling prospect too if needed.

Somewhat comparable players in Clowe and Morrow each returned a 2nd + (the + for each was significant), and they're pending UFAs. I'd think the extra term on Ott's deal would push his price to a 1st+. No way I'd pay that for him.

Maryland17

Jan 7, 2008
Annapolis, MD
From Tradecentre, potential trade bait is Ryan Jones. I'd rather have him than Chimera.

Jones is a UFA after the year, and Chimera has played for the Oilers.

ReggietheSavage15

Feb 27, 2008
If the price is too steep for Ott, I'd love to have Raffi Torres on this roster. I know they play different positions, but he'd be a MUCH cheaper alternative.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Poor Tinner, you've become so bi-polar. ;) It's like you've come full circle as a fan and you're back to day 1. You love all the players and don't want anything changed. It's cute...really it is.

Nope. Just realized its not worth getting all mad about stuff I have absolutely no control of.

As far as trading goes...

When Adam Oates was a player for the Caps I believe it was one year (maybe RIGHT before the Zednik/Bulis trade) where he said something along the lines of : (I'm HEAVILY paraphrasing here)

"As a player you don't want any trades because you struggle and go through so much as a team that you want to succeed as a team with the guys you struggled with in the first place"

I think there is merit to that. Team unity and chemistry is undervalued.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
more likely the times wants him to stick to what he can prove. remember, he has bosses and does what they tell him he can do.

Yeah, that's true. It just seems like rumors would get more attention and therefore more pageviews if he could turn it into a post. Then again, maybe he didn't have enough for anything more than a tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad