GDT: 2013 - Around the League Games Playoffs!!!!!! - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Over reaction by the refs. Clean hit. Call it the "Chara Effect". They gave the 5 & misconduct to placate the crowd & stop'em from swamping 911 operators.

Glad that 5 minute and following 5 on 3 pp didn't decide the outcome of that game. Sure looked like it might at the time. Kudos to Paul MacLean and his young team :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap: A very good coach who should win (but wont) the Jack Adam's award. Lets get another W tonight Sens!!

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Diaz should be ashamed of that pass, keep your stick on the ice, keep your head up and NEVER pass up the middle were essentially the first 3 things my coaches said to me when starting to play

People make that pass all the time, multiple times a game. Unfortunate result and yeah a bad pass but our guys do it all the time. Every team does, don't they?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
People make that pass all the time, multiple times a game. Unfortunate result and yeah a bad pass but our guys do it all the time. Every team does, don't they?

Your right they do Lance, but they don`t do it when there is an opponent CLEARLY right behind Eller stepping in, he`s looking right at Eller, it isn`t like Gryba came at him from a blind angle, a horrifically poor decision, they are called suicide passes and I haven`t heard one individual refer to that pass as anything but a suicide pass

Gordon Lightfoot

Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Your right they do Lance, but they don`t do it when there is an opponent CLEARLY right behind Eller stepping in, he`s looking right at Eller, it isn`t like Gryba came at him from a blind angle, a horrifically poor decision, they are called suicide passes and I haven`t heard one individual refer to that pass as anything but a suicide pass

I guess that's true. I was thinking that these guys move so fast that a safe-looking pass can instantly become a truly dangerous one. I get nervous every time I see Krejci take a pass like that, because it's hard to tell who is close by when watching on TV.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
I guess that's true. I was thinking that these guys move so fast that a safe-looking pass can instantly become a truly dangerous one. I get nervous every time I see Krejci take a pass like that, because it's hard to tell who is close by when watching on TV.

that's why you need a color man who can offer a well timed "HEY! HEY!" to give us a heads up.;)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

When DK took the hit from Richards that put him out a few yrs back, Richards came from the side, Gryba should have been in plain sight for Diaz, still no idea why he did it.

Radio station I listen to talked about it this morning, one of the guests said passes like that were often saved for a teammate who was......shall we say....steppin out with a teammate`s wife/gf

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Did I really see an NHL team wheel out a stretcher for a guy on his knees?

Is there any end to the degree of manliness the Canadiens will attempt to strip out of this sport?

I'm pro-stretcher ever since watching poor Mason Raymond get dragged off the ice. I still shudder at the possibility that he could have ended up paralyzed because of the Canucks' incompetence.

Eller was bleeding like a stuck pig and had a concussion. Any trainer or doctor worth his salt would insist on a stretcher.

Gordon Lightfoot

Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
When DK took the hit from Richards that put him out a few yrs back, Richards came from the side, Gryba should have been in plain sight for Diaz, still no idea why he did it.

Radio station I listen to talked about it this morning, one of the guests said passes like that were often saved for a teammate who was......shall we say....steppin out with a teammate`s wife/gf

Ooh, that's rough!

Turk 16

May 3, 2011
South Shore, MA

Always heard it called a "screw your buddy pass" growing up. :naughty: Now I guess the phrase is "suicide pass."

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I'm pro-stretcher ever since watching poor Mason Raymond get dragged off the ice. I still shudder at the possibility that he could have ended up paralyzed because of the Canucks' incompetence.

Eller was bleeding like a stuck pig and had a concussion. Any trainer or doctor worth his salt would insist on a stretcher.
I guess I'm just old school then. I can't ever recall a hockey player who could get on his knees wheeled off. I can be a jerk in the name of humor or insulting Montreal!

I suppose I'd have been less struck by it if it wasn't in Montreal and I didn't completely assume he was faking it. I also assumed he just bit a blood capsule in his mouth that every Hab carries in their fanny pack under their jersey. If I'm wrong on any of those I stand corrected.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I guess I'm just old school then. I can't ever recall a hockey player who could get on his knees wheeled off. I can be a jerk in the name of humor or insulting Montreal!

I suppose I'd have been less struck by it if it wasn't in Montreal and I didn't completely assume he was faking it. I also assumed he just bit a blood capsule in his mouth that every Hab carries in their fanny pack under their jersey. If I'm wrong on any of those I stand corrected.

You are a Hab hater after my own heart :yo:

I've seen the video a few times. I don't think there was any intent or malice involved.

If I'm Eller I would be pissed at Diaz for making that pass, not necessarily at Gryba for the hit.

I hope Eller will be all right.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
[/B]

You are a Hab hater after my own heart :yo:

I've seen the video a few times. I don't think there was any intent or malice involved.

If I'm Eller I would be pissed at Diaz for making that pass, not necessarily at Gryba for the hit.

I hope Eller will be all right.

Lets not kid ourselves. Every player will say the PC thing and say they just want to separate the player from the puck, but everyone knows that the intent is malicious and to hurt the other guy legally in these type of checks. Not saying its a bad thing and its part of the game. But thinking these type of checks are benign in intent is just kidding yourself.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

I loathe Montreal totally and I understand the humor, but the guy was hurting. Not so much from the hit but from face planting on the ice. I don't wish that on anyone*, and every precaution should be taken when dealing with injuries.

*Except Matt Cooke and Raffi Torres, who should be forced to crawl off the ice under their own power.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 45s
Brian Gionta and Max Pacioretty (upper body) won't play tonight. #canadiens

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
@RenLavoieRDS: Brendon Prust: "we don't care what that bug-eyed fat walrus say."-on Paul MacLean

this is getting epic

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
@RenLavoieRDS: Brendon Prust: "we don't care what that bug-eyed fat walrus say."-on Paul MacLean

this is getting epic

The level of anger over MacLean using "61" instead of Diaz's name when saying that's who Eller who should be mad has reached the point of hysterical. I mean really, *that's what they're upset about up there? Because a coach referred to some unknown short term career 4th liner by his number instead of his name? I don't get it.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
B167939806AFFSAFSFSFSA.jpg

Bi Coastal Bawse*

LOL Prust

wasn't he the one complaining during the lock out?

He deserves to be on the Habs hope Neil beats the **** out of him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad