GDT: 2013 - Around the League Games - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Alfie looked pretty good against us. I think he is far from done. And believe me ,I am predisposed to think almost any player is done about a year to five years before his actual time:)

I agree he looked good against us. He won every single battle he was involved in (not just the ones against Seguin, which everyone wins). I don't know if I'd give up too much to get him, but he looked good to me.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Does anybody want to talk abot the Flyers? These guys are a disaster and I feel like not enough is being made of it. It's not just the record it's the way they play. They barely compete and their defense is inexcusably disorganized and incompetent.

I continue to wonder how long they can hang on to their coach as if he was Scotty Bowman. I feel like any other coach in that spot would have been canned weeks, if not months or even seasons ago.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I agree he looked good against us. He won every single battle he was involved in (not just the ones against Seguin, which everyone wins). I don't know if I'd give up too much to get him, but he looked good to me.

This is not the thread to start the debate in, but I think that while Seguin does not always win his 1 on 1 board battles, the kid is 100 times better defensively this year.

Watch him on the forecheck, backcheck, and in the NZ. His positioning is very, very good, and I have seen him break up countless plays and force a bunch of turnovers.

I'm not sure if this is what you are saying, but if you think Seguin is bad defensively and not competing, I'm not sure what you are watching?

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
This is not the thread to start the debate in, but I think that while Seguin does not always win his 1 on 1 board battles, the kid is 100 times better defensively this year.

Watch him on the forecheck, backcheck, and in the NZ. His positioning is very, very good, and I have seen him break up countless plays and force a bunch of turnovers.

I'm not sure if this is what you are saying, but if you think Seguin is bad defensively and not competing, I'm not sure what you are watching?

That's not at all what I said though, and it seems you noticed that right? He is much better defensively, much better positionally, and he absolutely enters into way more battles than he ever did. I was just pointing out that he loses those battles at a borderline hilarious rate.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Does anybody want to talk abot the Flyers? These guys are a disaster and I feel like not enough is being made of it. It's not just the record it's the way they play. They barely compete and their defense is inexcusably disorganized and incompetent.

I continue to wonder how long they can hang on to their coach as if he was Scotty Bowman. I feel like any other coach in that spot would have been canned weeks, if not months or even seasons ago.

I like the Flyers, followed them since the days of Lindros. What a disappointing season, and oddly, the usual scapegoat (Bryz) hasn't been that awful.

That defense is absolutely putrid, and yes, they're disorganized and incompetent because theyre not that talented. Only FLA, NYI and CGY are worse. I'd be willing to think theyd be more than happy to trade some of that scoring talent for a solid, top-pairing blue-liner. Offense is pretty decent...Voracek is insane. Roo is solid, maybe not playing to what he potentially could do. Hartnell's been pretty quiet since returing from injury, though he got on the board yesterday.

I don't know if that's all on Lavy, but coaches get to take the fall in this league. They have to decide if they want to make a move for a player at the deadline for the playoff push or sell. There's still time for them, but it's running out and even if they do make it, that team doesn't stand a chance in the offs.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Man the pens can score goals. In 3 more games played they've almost scored 30 more goals than us. The flip side of that is that they've also given up 25 more than us.

neelyforpresident

Dec 25, 2007
Washington
Man the pens can score goals. In 3 more games played they've almost scored 30 more goals than us. The flip side of that is that they've also given up 25 more than us.

They can thank Crosby, but more specifically, Dupuis and Kunitz can thank Crosby...and they can wash his jock, and send him xmas cards every year for making them look way better than they are.

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
Sharks are beating the Kings 3-1. 3rd Period coming up. Thank the hockey gods for the NHL Gamecenter App. Really need to upgrade so I can watch the Sharks' games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad